Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
benn

Philippe Coutinho v Riyad Mahrez comparison

Philippe Coutinho v Riyad Mahrez comparison

Coutinho    41                          Most goals selected players                         Riyad Mahrez    34
                  71                                       Appearances                                                              95
                  28                                            Goals                                                                     30
                 192                                    Minutes per goal                                                          255
                 10%                                    Shot conversion                                                          14%
                  18                                             Assists                                                                  21
                155                                     Chances created                                                         152
                 35                                 Minutes per chance created                                              50

Mahrez has better stats over the last 3 seasons. And Mahrez theoretically Plays in an "inferior" team. 

Liverpool fans thinking £143m for Coutinho is fair but anything above £50m for Mahrez is too much are deluded 

7 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

It sickens me how over rated everything about Liverpool is. 

Klopps another fine example. And Sturridge was. 

Half the pundits in the media are ex Liverpool players.

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

Mahrez has better stats over the last 3 seasons. And Mahrez theoretically Plays in an "inferior" team. 

Liverpool fans thinking £143m for Coutinho is fair but anything above £50m for Mahrez is too much are deluded 

Half the pundits in the media are ex Liverpool players.

'the Kop on European nights'..... 'Kevin Keegan'.... 'Bill. Shankley' 

So much looking into the past it's painful. It would be okay if it were just the drivel we have to listen to but it clearly affects prices and player calibre. 

They're a decent team. But they're not the footballing beast that everyone is determined to make them. 

• Like 1

Courtinho is the better player. More consistent. Most of the stats posted include our title winning season, you take them out I'd wager the comparison would be very different. If we are price comparing in July 2016 it'd be a different story  but we are not its January 2018. Although 142 million is still ridiculous 

In terms of fee I've long thought the club and marhez have an agreement on what's acceptable and that is why his toys have never come out of the pram, and I'd imagine its about 50 million.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

19 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Courtinho is the better player. More consistent. Most of the stats posted include our title winning season, you take them out I'd wager the comparison would be very different. If we are price comparing in July 2016 it'd be a different story  but we are not its January 2018. Although 142 million is still ridiculous 

In terms of fee I've long thought the club and marhez have an agreement on what's acceptable and that is why his toys have never come out of the pram, and I'd imagine its about 50 million.

So because they're from our title winning season that somehow makes them less relevant?

• Like 2

Although attacking wise i don't think there is much difference in ability between Mahrez & Coutinho, i think the difference is how Barca want to use them. Coutinho is seen as a Iniesta replacement and is comfortable playing through the middle. Mahrez is far more comfortable on the wing and hasn't played great through the middle when we've used him there. Personally I think Hazard is a better CAM.

38 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Well yes it was nearly two years ago. He’s since gone on to prove he can be very inconsistent. 

Well there's one for you : even Messi would see his end-product stats divided by ten if he was to play in our side, living from scraps in a system which resorts solely to hoofs and Vards chasing lost causes.

Edited by DelBoy73
  • Like 1

Coutinho might be better, certainly more consistent and better with the dead ball but Mahrez can also do things Coutinho (or anyone else really) could only dream about, the way he emabarrasses defenders.  He just can't do it week in week out.  That footage where he sits two Villa defenders down at the same time and changes direction and waltzes away makes me laugh every time.

Not much to choose between their respective stats and if Mahrez was playing in a more attacking team like Liverpool his stats would be even better and opposition would not be able to tag team him.

Conclusion, Coutinho more consistent, Mahrez flashes of breathtaking genius along with some average performances, certainly not 90m worth of difference between them.  Given a choice, I'd still rather keep Mahrez.

• Like 1