Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

FA Cup 4th round draw

6 minutes ago, Gerard said:

You make it sound that it would be a bad thing to get Rochdale or Yeovil at home . :blink:

In terms of the big potential in the lack of people wanting to attend if we draw someone like them, it probably would.

The FA Cup should be about the fans really getting behind the side, preferably against more tougher and historical teams.

15 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

In terms of the big potential in the lack of people wanting to attend if we draw someone like them, it probably would.

The FA Cup should be about the fans really getting behind the side, preferably against more tougher and historical teams.

The fans are behind the team anyway. And the fa cup is about the complete opposite at this stage, it's not about the best playing the best, it's about minnows pitting themselves against the best.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I'd be happy if we won the competition and Fleetwood was the highest placed team we played.

It's about progressing to the next round and the worse team we face the better.

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

do people seriously want Forest away? I know it's a good away day but look at them against Arsenal today. They'd be up even more for a game against us and I wouldn't want a cup run ended by them. 

I agree completly. I can't understand anyone wanting a local derby away from home.

First we have to win the replay and that will depend upon our manager actually picking a team to do the job.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Had we been playing a team higher up the pyramid I'm sure he'd have picked a stronger team. He's right to think a team full of fringe players could beat a league one team, they let him down.

It was abit much for me, We all know you make changes especially away from home to a lower league side where the pitch is shit and you look up and see terrace houses instead of a massive stand you are rolling the dice. 

It doesn't really encourage me, I know they should get the job done but every year teams do it and every year  teams get dragged into replays or out of the competition completely by teams 24+ places below them. I'd of hardly gone full strength just one, very young, first team regular?

Edited by Manwell Pablo

7 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

Notts County away would be the ultimate FA Cup draw- League 2 opposition, somewhere we haven't played in 20 years, half an hour away, 3,000+ allocation. 

Can't believe we haven't played in over 20 years.

Of course that's attributed to our lower standing for so long.

You'd think we would have played a friendly or two. We both hate Forest, so we have that in common ;)

Very excited for the draw!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, reynard said:

I agree completly. I can't understand anyone wanting a local derby away from home.

First we have to win the replay and that will depend upon our manager actually picking a team to do the job.

He picked a team capable of doing the job this time, it's just a small case of they didn't actually do it. 

21 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Forest at home please.

Yep, I'd take that providing we actually fielded a side of footballers who looked like they had at least met each other before.

Edited by Nick
  • Like 1

Everybody asking for low league teams seem to forget... we never turn up when we play supposedly easier opposition. (err...Fleetwood?  0 shots on target????)

With regard to the draw my hopes are (in order of priority)

1. Home Draw
  2. The top 5 teams draw eachother
  3. Evening Kick off (or at least not an early start)
  4. Maybe Forest for a change. (we won't get to play them very often over the next 10 years)