Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

FA Cup 4th round draw

Remember going there 92/93? Lost 3-0 when a win could have given us promotion. 

Some on here talk about 'absolute scenes' well if you were there that day then you would know the comparisons to todays atmospheres. Horses, dogs, fires and streakers. Mayhem. 8000 city fans too.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

That was the start of the capitulation wasn't it? That was an absolutely fantastic day until about the 70th minute and everything went wrong for about the next two months. The scenes when Marshall scored were unbelievable.

Yes, it was. It's a defeat that's painfully memorable because of how bad it was on the day, and for the rest of the season. We were just ahead of Hull and they were 22nd or something like that.

The scenes were very good though, as was the atmosphere up until the 70th minute as you say - 5,000 of us there as I recall. I had a smoke bomb go off near me on the left side

37 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Any XI we put out all of those players would walk into their team, we should be using this game to play the squad players.

I dont think its so much as individual players but the fact we not playing as a team, since these guys dont play in the same team regularly. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Might be the replacement away end where they are housing us. Probably easy for security but will be look daft if Fleetwood get through

Yeah, it will be. If Fleetwood get through they'll get a standard allocation. 

39 minutes ago, Karljohn said:

Some on here talk about 'absolute scenes' well if you were there that day then you would know the comparisons to todays atmospheres. Horses, dogs, fires and streakers. Mayhem. 8000 city fans too.

The streakers!!!

Those were the days when they didn’t slip over as soon as they run on the pitch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

don't they have a weird hatred for us? decent draw though

Lad from work is a steward there.

Even last year they had meetings expecting Leicester fans/thugs to go to Peterborough when we were away looking for revenge.

Apparently a group beat up some lad on his own at our place a few years back.

He said something about Leicester smashed a pub up last year one Saturday and then got back on the train and home.

Peterborough seem to have a rivalry with loads.

MK

Northampton

Cambridge 

and us apparently 

im already getting all the Billy big bollocks from Peterborough mates

”if we are on our game we will stuff you “etc

i hate them

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

That was the start of the capitulation wasn't it? That was an absolutely fantastic day until about the 70th minute and everything went wrong for about the next two months. The scenes when Marshall scored were unbelievable.

Absolute limbs that day, I just remember ending up six rows in front of where I started. Pyro, bodies, scarves twirling, the lot.

1 hour ago, Hammo said:

Assume the top five in the Prem will all go through, which is good news for our Europa League qualifying hopes (i.e. if we finish seventh and the two domestic cups are won by teams above us).

Fvck that, I want as many of the better teams to go out as early as possible so we have a better chance of winning this thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Karljohn said:

Was mental that day remember it well 

11 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Fvck that, I want as many of the better teams to go out as early as possible so we have a better chance of winning this thing.

That's No 1 on the wish list, I agree. But, failing that....

Posh fan here. The boat (Charters) is still there and welcomes away fans. Presumably it will be away fans only if you beat Fleetwood.  Away terrace is obviously gone (for shame), but you'll get the whole of the stand that has replaced it and the corner of the frankly awful old stand.

For clarity, Posh's rivals are either Cambridge for the younger fans, or Northampton for the older. That's it.

Good draw for us after a decent performance at Villa Park. Looking forward to it.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, sir_bob said:

Posh fan here. The boat (Charters) is still there and welcomes away fans. Presumably it will be away fans only if you beat Fleetwood.  Away terrace is obviously gone (for shame), but you'll get the whole of the stand that has replaced it and the corner of the frankly awful old stand.

For clarity, Posh's rivals are either Cambridge for the younger fans, or Northampton for the older. That's it.

Good draw for us after a decent performance at Villa Park. Looking forward to it.

What does the New stand hold.

My Posh mate thought just over 2k.

The laws are pretty simple regarding minimum allocation are they not? 15%?

Still got to win our third round game yet which is far from a guarantee unless a certain ageing French man wakes up realises we've got a great chance of the last 16 and actually names a reasonable XI with some idea how to play top level football together.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, tylesta said:

2400 and the usal away end holds 1800

So if Bert is right we’d essentially need two out of four stands lol like Hereford all over again! 

Interestingly the current attendance record is from our game in 2009

Actually think your sums are a bit off, days away end holds 2600 and the main stand the Peterborough fan mentioned holds 4,300 so we would only need one and a quarter.

Edited by AjcW