Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

FA Cup 4th round draw

Decent draw, should we get past Fleetwood, but another potential banana skin rather play them at home but better than a premier league team that's for sure.

Edited by Tuna

7 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

The laws are pretty simple regarding minimum allocation are they not? 15%?

Still got to win our third round game yet which is far from a guarantee unless a certain ageing French man wakes up realises we've got a great chance of the last 16 and actually names a reasonable XI with some idea how to play top level football together.

No.

Norwich didn’t give us our full allocation a few years back, but yes 15% is normal protocol.My question was just that,a question.

How many does that stand hold?

Even in the days of standing we had a little seating area on the side.

Should be like the early 90s game and give us half the ground again.

Thats of course if we progress.

irks me that a cup competition that is missing from our cabinet should not be taken seriously.

im hoping it’s was just because of a busy xmas fixture build up.

3 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

No.

Norwich didn’t give us our full allocation a few years back, but yes 15% is normal protocol.My question was just that,a question.

irks me that a cup competition that is missing from our cabinet should not be taken seriously.

If I remember correctly we ended up with around 9% at Norwich. They'd oversold on Season Tickets and couldn't guarantee all STH's a seat if we got our full 15% allocation. So they managed to get our allocation reduced on grounds of us having a "High Risk" fan base and therefore needing the smaller allocation.

Completely agree with your last point. Absolutely zero reason not to make the cup our full priority this season. Should we get past Fleetwood though this has the potential to be a great away day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Basingstoke Fox said:

If I remember correctly we ended up with around 9% at Norwich. They'd oversold on Season Tickets and couldn't guarantee all STH's a seat if we got our full 15% allocation. So they managed to get our allocation reduced on grounds of us having a "High Risk" fan base and therefore needing the smaller allocation.

Completely agree with your last point. Absolutely zero reason not to make the cup our full priority this season. Should we get past Fleetwood though this has the potential to be a great away day.

I’m 20 miles away and have a handful of Peterborough mates so always adds a bit of spice.

managed to get a ticket for the Norwich match.Best thing they could have done was give us a small allocation.

Players pumped up and away End was sensational that day.

Had a Norwich mate and a West Ham mate in the Norwich end and both said we were the loudest there for years.

How times change!!!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

No.

That was the fuzz being berks though wasn't it ? (Nigel Pearsons high risk army)

11 hours ago, AjcW said:

So if Bert is right we’d essentially need two out of four stands lol like Hereford all over again! 

Interestingly the current attendance record is from our game in 2009

Actually think your sums are a bit off, days away end holds 2600 and the main stand the Peterborough fan mentioned holds 4,300 so we would only need one and a quarter.

Yes 1800 in the corner of the wooden stand. That is there away end for league 1 games.

Edited by tylesta

Very satisfied with both our draw and how the other teams line up. The likes of Arsenal, Everton and Burnley are big early casualties so to see a few more all Premier League draws and some tricky tests for the others in the next round is good stuff. 

Please field strong sides to dispatch Fleetwood and Peterborough and let's really try progress well in the Cup this season.

6 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

We really need to give the FA Cup our best effort. We're going to be ok in the league, neither likely to finish in a Euro Sport or near relegation so we should really go for it!

7th will highly likely be given a europa league place because of who wins the domestic cups etc.. and we are 1 of a few teams fighting for it?

9 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

We really need to give the FA Cup our best effort. We're going to be ok in the league, neither likely to finish in a Euro Sport or near relegation so we should really go for it!

I think we do have a decent chance of qualifying for Europe via the league, I'd say we're 1 in 3 or maybe better.

But I don't think that's any excuse to chuck the Fleetwood or the (potential) Posh tie. We should have no problem coping with both competitions.

• Like 2

On 09/01/2018 at 22:40, Harry - LCFC said:

I think we do have a decent chance of qualifying for Europe via the league, I'd say we're 1 in 3 or maybe better.

But I don't think that's any excuse to chuck the Fleetwood or the (potential) Posh tie. We should have no problem coping with both competitions.

Sad that so few fans want to buy tickets

We have a Team made for Cup Football, Quick counter attacking with a decent defense. We really need to take the FA cup seriously, It could be another Trophy to keep the winning mentality and moral High. It would also help us attract bigger and better players while we continue to break into the top 6.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

My god TV companies are a disgrace where Newcastle fans are concerned. Sunday 1:30 for Chelsea or Norwich away :blink:

They go to Palace at 2.15pm the next Sunday. It is an absolute disgrace, that's now five trips to either London, the South Coast or Wales on Sundays this season.