Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

Ref today

didnt really notice the ref in this game, moss is the only ref I consider corrupt.

Atkinson in our title season was very dodgy in the second half of the arsenal game, but moss is consistently bad in all our games.

Chilwell sending off to be fair was a yellow card, it was also harsh as often refs are hesitent to give second yellows, but could have gone either way.

6 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

I do think all this Ref bashing has to stop.  I'm sure I've moaned about ref's before, but it seems every decision against a club now is treated like the end of the world.  Every fan has slow motion replays from every possible angle, until VAR comes in the ref's have nothing.  Imagine being slaughtered every time you ref for one iffy decision, the managers and players and fans all use ref's as scapegoats, a very easy target, they aren't robots, people make mistakes, I think they do a great job.

Great post. 

The MOTD pundits were debating kane's goal that sam said shouldnt have stood.

Said "maybe his chest was offside"

Spotting an offside chest ffs.

Some of the laws are stupid and every player on the field is doing his best to con you, influence you and pressure your decisions.

Then every fan wants the game refereed 80-20 in their teams favour to be "good".

Its far too easy to blame referees for everything.

6 hours ago, DennisNedry said:

All refs nowadays are far too eager to give yellow cards for bog standard fouls. 

Totally agree. Looking a the the second yellow card again he couldn't wait to get the second yellow out!

He was looking for an reason and Chilwell sadly gave it him.

5 hours ago, Monk said:

Ref was giving first yellows for deliberate fouls to stop a break. That’s why he booked Kante, Chilwell first and Okazaki. He was actually consistent in doing that. 

Kante’s second challenge was soft and didn’t warrant a yellow. 

Bens second he was over the ball and as one or two others have said I think some refs would have given a straight red. 

He also correctly picked up on up on many dives by both teams. Really didn’t think he was that bad. 

I didn't even see the game but I'm more inclined to believe this particular post than pretty much every other one claiming were the most 'ard done to team in football.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mrfox452 said:

Totally agree. Looking a the the second yellow card again he couldn't wait to get the second yellow out!

He was looking for an reason and Chilwell sadly gave it him.

As said by Ricey another thread...

If chilwell genuinely did not know moses was making a run across him, why did he lunge to try and play the ball? 

Hes totally right. You wouldnt lunge with no one there.

He also had his foot high over the ball too.

Unquestionnably a second yellow card.

8 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Ref didnt do anything particularly bad. Cant really argue with the red. Close thread imo

It's not just a case of whether it was a red card or not, it was the blatant inconsistency with his cards. If Chilwell deserved to be sent off for one nothing tackle and one late but clearly accidental tackle, then Kante should easily have been sent off. 

And on a side note, it did please me that Kante was utter dog shit today haha

• Like 1

Both Chilwells cards were incredibly harsh, the first more so.

The second was an honest 50-50, I don't blame him for trying to get there first at all, Moses went in hard as well and Chilwell got a touch on the ball first. Anyone saying that's a straight red is mental.

There's just far too much thinking that fouls have to equal yellow cards nowadays.

And Jones was definitely dogshit. The inconsistency was staggering. There was a period of 10 minutes in the second half where he did not have a handle on the game at all and was just winging it with the decisions.

Edited by ealingfox

Have to be honest, the first yellow Willian had got past him and I muttered ‘take him out’ and he seemed to hear me and took one for the team. The second card happened in a similar position and directly in front and below from where I was sitting with three other Leicester fans and we all said that in the moment and from the angle we saw it that it appeared to be a two footed lunge and another yellow - wasn’t till I saw the replay on tv that you could see he took the ball with his top foot.

I have to say that it was a bit unlucky and a bit rash and that that’s just Football. Not pissed off at the Ref at all.

Chilwell does some brilliant things and creates chances and defends well but he’s young and prone to moments of errors in judgement too and he has a couple per game at the moment. In this instance it perhaps can be judged as harsh but the decision wasn’t crazy unreasonable.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2018 at 16:56, Legend_in_blue said:

He's the VAR ref for the Fleetwood game and Moss is in charge.

Expect world class refereeing from all involved.  lol

I thought this was a bad joke...sheesh, it's true, expect at least 2 of our players to be sent off for pirouetting anticlockwise and finish with 3 match suspensions after losing the appeal......lump on Fleetwood

On 1/14/2018 at 00:06, Donut said:

Great post. 

The MOTD pundits were debating kane's goal that sam said shouldnt have stood.

Said "maybe his chest was offside"

Spotting an offside chest ffs.

Some of the laws are stupid and every player on the field is doing his best to con you, influence you and pressure your decisions.

Then every fan wants the game refereed 80-20 in their teams favour to be "good".

Its far too easy to blame referees for everything.

its easy to blame them, when they are shite.

its the damn inconsistency that annoys me so much, take against Chelski for example, Kunte was fouling right, left and center, nothing given until very late on, Chilwell's pretty much first offence, bang a yellow card.

On 14/01/2018 at 02:11, m4DD0gg said:

I would do away with on the pitch referees completely and let an automated system do the officiating. 

Hope var puts ***** like moss in the alzheimers zoo where he belongs. 

This wouldn’t work whatsoever. There needs to be someone on the pitch to control what’s going on. I could list some things but without an on-pitch referee, it would be absolute carnage.

That’s not to say VAR wouldn’t be useful for the big decisions. 

3 hours ago, Rusko187 said:

I'm thankful we have VAR with us tonight, hopefully it exposes some major error made by Moss and he has his refereeing badges removed with immediate effect and made to walk home!!!

Only any good if he chooses to use it. I don't believe there is a rule saying he has to. If he's sure he's sure. The final decision is the refs when he does review the footage.