Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Chelsea Post Match 0-0

2 hours ago, TK95 said:

Arguably our best away performance of the season. The only thing missing was the goal! 

Haven't looked that defensively solid since the title winning season imo! That too with none of those back 4 in our starting line-up :appl:

Can I also highlight how absolutely dreadful the home support was! lol They could barely string a chant together in the entire game. The true definition of "you only sing when you're winning" :whistle:

They were leaving the ground with 5 minutes still to play with the game tied up

• Like 1

This match demonstrated just how far we have come from the start of the season.  God bless Shakey but he could never have eeked out a performance like that.  Once Puel brings in his own players to replace those whom we owe so much, but who are now past their best, we could consolidate a a top 7-8 team.  Need two good results this week.  Definitely need new Goal keeping coach as this aimless kicking back to the opposition is really annoying and needs sorting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gerbold said:

Believe me, it's not confined to City - nor even to Ingerland. Football grounds will always attract the loutish and the laddish and the just plain stoopid. Same in the Sixties - although racism was generally thought of as 'good, clean fun' back then (watch any episode of 'Love Thy Neighbour'). That's why the ongoing initiatives to dissuade individuals and groups from expressing their anti-social tendencies are so important. Maybe not to them - some people are just blind to the feelings of others and will never make that step up in awareness -  but for those who inhabit the same streets, shops, workplaces and football grounds that they do. Sad.

Stop the press, working class people seen aT football match.

Edited by The whole world smiles
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Lets hope we can keep this momentum up against Fleetwood Tuesday and beat Watford next Saturday !!

Insane as it may seem, I reckon 99.9%  of supporters are gagging for 3 wins in the next 3 games...

If I am right..thsts 2 fa-cup   and the one PL.

Whatever The playing management decides to put out in their selection,....The players should be doing the job.!!

If they dont...even now, I say anything from the expected standard, sits now not on Puel'S shoulders , but the players.

Hes giving them, the trust, a solid platform of game sense, and an injection of confidence and team self-belief.

More ever, a new future to play for....its a question which present players have  the aptitude to take it on....

8 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Insane as it may seem, I reckon 99.9%  of supporters are gagging for 3 wins in the next 3 games...

If I am right..thsts 2 fa-cup   and the one PL.

Whatever The playing management decides to put out in their selection,....The players should be doing the job.!!

If they dont...even now, I say anything from the expected standard, sits now not on Puel'S shoulders , but the players.

Hes giving them, the trust, a solid platform of game sense, and an injection of confidence and team self-belief.

More ever, a new future to play for....its a question which present players have  the aptitude to take it on....

Stirring stuff - I just hope that the heart of the team isn't sold off during the current window 

57 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Stirring stuff - I just hope that the heart of the team isn't sold off during the current window 

Has much as it would be a downer if Mahrez left, I cant see any other mainstay  departing.

One can never replace, such talent, but a club should be able to carry it...

Many cry out for a consistent top 6 even top 4 placing, to succeed to even compete regularly at that

Level, season in season out....Its the realisation and acceptance that you will lose, your odd top

Player, so you need a confident, top quality squad.to carry it off.

Thats why when the top 3 cry out  (And even our Own  fans use it, as the oppositions excuse)   that they

have tired players, I am sorry they have Spent and invested in  multi-million pound 1-22 squad players,

Its damn right laughable, that these foreign Macho  imports, player or manager, cant play 2 games

a week, or 4 games in a 8 day period once , in the year.Or a couple of months later when they are

Competing on 2-4 fronts....towards the EOS, thats  why, they can AFFORD  to splash out on

7-12 top quality players....I have no sympathy..for their pathetic woes.

"You seen my team was leggy"   then select thd other prima-donnas in your squad, use your subs earlier!!!

Fking BS..!!!

A bottom 12 in the PL can Use that excuse, they probably have only 15 Avg  pl players in the squad where 3

are always Injured...Championship players..ditto but play 44 games, with cup runs...

Funny enough, its Manutd Arsenal, that are weak Through their squad..so they struggle.

Their 1st choice 13, are usually high octain, then they struggle with silly injuries, but do

Find quality young players

Spurs are trying to tag and on to the tails, they do not have those big pennies, but can afford

12 high quality players, injuries do hurt though..Even when digging out a top quality young player.

Top 4 clubs whinings, I am sorry fall on stoney ground with me...Man-up !!!

Edited by fuchsntf

A really great away performance where for large parts of the game we outplayed Chelsea. We had so many chances to win the game and not many teams will get that at The bridge. It looked like Chelsea would score late on but that would have been really cruel on the foxes. It was a great point at the home of the current champions but disappointing that we didn't convert the chances to win the game.

33 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Not sure how much you can read into these videos, but it's interesting.

Bakayoko was a joke. But Conte started the game with 8 defensive players. At home. Conte is very stubborn.

1st away match this season. Thought we were excellent, the tactics were superb, we attacked from the off and played on the front foot with almost 3 up top every single attack. Just a shame we couldn't score in the 1st half with all the chances we created.

Even when down to 10 men in the 2nd half we limited Chelsea to very few chances. Although Chelsea were uncharacteristically poor I thought that was down to how we dominated the midfield and controlled the game for large parts. No player would get less than a 7 out of 10 and there would be plenty of 8s and the odd 9.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fridoux said:

no match rating thread this week-end. oh true mahrez was verry good yesterday, thats explain why, i just forgot.

better opening threads about his dive.

Algerian football fans are just proper weird. National pride mixed with passion, and all common sense goes out of the window. lol

Edited by MC Prussian

Also spoke to a couple of Chelsea fans after the game who said we were excellent, very unlucky not to win and that it was nice to see an away team come and try and win rather than stick 10 men behind the ball and they also said the ref was crap and that Chilwell was very unlucky to get sent off. Nice to see some opposition fans who see the same game as you do.

Probably the best 0-0 I’ve seen. Sat in the home end making comments like “we’re so shite” “You wouldn’t know we are even the Home side” Christ Leicester are not giving us a moment on the ball and are outclassing us all over the park” Thoroughly enjoyed my afternoon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Beechey said:

Not sure how much you can read into these videos, but it's interesting.

Great video. Ndidi essentially allowed Amartey to better deal with Hazard. And Chelsea's man advantage was gone as soon as Hazard joined up with Amartey since Ndid would no longer be sitting so deep. Great tactics by Puel. Ndidi really is one of the most important players we have. And shows how Okazai's importance in the team goes way beyond his attacking talent -- one of the reasons he's so hard to replace:  none of Slimani, Ian etc is better than Vardy and none of them can offer us what Okazaki can.

Edited by Foxxed

57 minutes ago, fridoux said:

no match rating thread this week-end. oh true mahrez was verry good yesterday, thats explain why, i just forgot.

better opening threads about his dive.

Have you not read the forum rules? Basic foxestalk etiquette that we only have a ratings thread when Mahrez has a shocker.

Ask a mod to add you to the conspiracy against mahrez email thread we have every week

• Like 1

It the next day and I still feel violated. Feel like I was raped by the ref. Rewatched the game and still can't understand every foul we made was a card and Chelsea were cutting us up in midfield and only ended up getting 2. Love Kante but he go away with a right mugging. Unbelievable. Refs really do need to leave that big club bias at the door when they come to work. 

17 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

This re amartey and I hope after a few more games we will have the same situation with drago vs morgan.

Now that would be good backup/strength in depth if the current 2 keep their places on merit.

Definitely not averse to spending big on both positions though to really kick on.

My worry is...the managers hand, and how he plays the deal...Is Morgan untouchable,

because hes club  Captain..?? Does Dragovitch face fit..??

Even great managers have a different eye for those 1 or 2  individual players.