Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Chelsea Post Match 0-0

Cracking day yesterday. Was so nice to see us control the game in Midfield like that and to do it for the majority of the game. Unlike other away games earlier this season where we've been great in patches and awful in others. Think with Dragovic in defence we're able to play more the way Puel sees it. Outstanding to see James getting back to his best. What a man. Thought our away end was excellent as well, loud and positive throughout. 

All in all one of the best 0-0's I've seen us play in for some time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

My worry is...the managers hand, and how he plays the deal...Is Morgan untouchable,

because hes club  Captain..?? Does Dragovitch face fit..??

Even great managers have a different eye for those 1 or 2  individual players.

That was my worry, but the injury has done him a favour imo.  

If drago carries on he'sin on merit.

I think he was definitely untouchable early days but long term he is clearly upgradable, especially with the new puelball.

Even if drago is not the one I think morgan is giving puel the chance to upgrade.

(Disclaimer - no disrespect to morgan. He was showing his best again, but drago hasn't had much chance so far, mainly because puel needed the club captain to bring everyone his way, but if we carry on like that we will never have good strength in depth and never move forward)

1 minute ago, Gerbold said:

Hmmm, an obscure and meaningless reference by someone with something to say but lacking the ability to actually put it into words. But you got two likes so somebody must have understood the point you were making and agreed with it. I certainly don't.

Sometime its the Sentences with less  words, that speak louder, and progressively   have more to say......grasshopper...

33 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

Hmmm, an obscure and meaningless reference by someone with something to say but lacking the ability to actually put it into words. But you got two likes so somebody must have understood the point you were making and agreed with it. I certainly don't.

I wrote it at 3.30 am after 15 hours of drinking in London so unfortunately I can't help you In explaining exactly what point I was trying to make.

But I'd imagine my drunken self took exception to the sanctimonious tone of your post. Saying that football grounds have always been full of laddish, loutish and stupid feel felt like a dig at the traditional demographic of football fans aka working class white men. Also I probably found you describing England fans who spend thousands a year supporting their country (brilliantly for the most part) as ingerland fans as slightly patronising. 

But... Your post is one that sober I would feel strongly enough to comment on so enjoy the rest of your evening.

Up the city.

Edited by The whole world smiles

7 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

That was my worry, but the injury erhas done him a favour imo.  

If d rs rago carries on he'sin on merit.

I think he was definitely untouchable early days but long term he is clearly upgradable, especially with the new puelball.

Even if drago is not the one I think morgan is giving puel the chance to upgrade.

(Disclaimer - no disrespect to morgan. He was showing his best again, but drago hasn't had much chance so far, mainly because puel needed the club captain to bring everyone his way, but if we carry on like that we will never have good strength in depth and never move forward)

I Hope Drago and Amartey prove their Dissenters wrong..

This forum is Far too quick, bringing the negative, too early to the table When  analysing players future potential .

But in these ridiculous financial football market, even for lower PL teams, it is in my mind , clever to be prudent,

and give time and show patience, over various fringe players developement...

Only has an example, Amartey, now Drago if he become permanent, could well save us 40mil plus.

and save coaching and team endless integration and meshing periods...

Now is the time to enjoy, sit back and see how this squad developes, and leave  the know-all remarks,

in the Waste bin. Puel is the quiet one.....

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I Hope Drago and Amartey prove their Dissenters wrong..

This forum is Far too quick, bringing the negative, too early to the table When  analysing players future potential .

But in these ridiculous financial football market, even for lower PL teams, it is in my mind , clever to be prudent,

and give time and show patience, over various fringe players developement...

Only has an example, Amartey, now Drago if he become permanent, could well save us 40mil plus.

and save coaching and team endless integration and meshing periods...

Now is the time to enjoy, sit back and see how this squad developes, and leave  the know-all remarks,

in the Waste bin. Puel is the quiet one.....

You are correct and this forum obviously goes to extremes. I liked drago and also amartey initially but feared it was the end for them.(After a lack of chances which, when they did come, were unfortunately rewarded with particularly poor performances from these two in the not so distant future.) To a large extent it is the natural reaction, but then lo and behold, they are both playing much better after a run of games. Who'd have thought it ?.

Mind you I've seen some idiots on here write off Silva after the fleetwood game.

Edited by gw_leics772
Punctuation and close brackets. (Ooh how very high brow of me ?) Edit 2. One sided brackets on my ****ing reason for edit

well the foxes 1st half was the best i think they have played this year and maybe for the last couple. really enjoyed it and gee we were unlucky not to have scored a couple of goals. i will eat humble pie now as i wanted ibborra and silva ahead of james, but he ran his socks of, he is not as gifted as the other two but he was great as was all the players well done, as for the ref, he done his best to let Chelsea win, great point.

On 15/01/2018 at 00:44, bpfox said:

well the foxes 1st half was the best i think they have played this year and maybe for the last couple. really enjoyed it and gee we were unlucky not to have scored a couple of goals. i will eat humble pie now as i wanted ibborra and silva ahead of james, but he ran his socks of, he is not as gifted as the other two but he was great as was all the players well done, as for the ref, he done his best to let Chelsea win, great point.

Anyone need the sack? 

On 13/01/2018 at 22:01, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Mate, we bossed them in the first half. Up until the red card we could easily have won that game

Not saying we didn't.. but we didn't score either. My point being is that going down to 10-men against Chelsea makes the game a lot harder and could have potentially lost it but we didn't. 

57 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Not saying we didn't.. but we didn't score either. My point being is that going down to 10-men against Chelsea makes the game a lot harder and could have potentially lost it but we didn't. 

Yeah definitely. Was just informing you that you missed us outclassing them in the first half. Was very unexpected