Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Chelsea Post Match 0-0

1 minute ago, Parafox said:

Not sure if there's sarcasm in your response, but, yes, we seem to do well against the "bigger" clubs but falter and seem unsure against the likes of Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Brighton, Stoke, Everton et al.

Well it was one of the big reasons shakey lost his job. And yes, it was sarcasm. 

1 minute ago, Parafox said:

Not sure if there's sarcasm in your response, but, yes, we seem to do well against the "bigger" clubs but falter and seem unsure against the likes of Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Brighton, Stoke, Everton et al.

those 5 teams we took 11 points from didn’t we... I’m i missing something here lol 

3 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Beat Huddersfield, Everton, Brighton.....in fact not lost to any of those mentioned!

• Like 1

On train home, not seen any pictures, but spoke to Chelsea fans on tube on the way to St P who said it was a nailed on penalty from their perspective. 

Giveaway was that the defender didn't remonstrate with Mahrez, as though he knew he had fouled him. 

Anyway, very well played by the lads, showed great desire and definitely only team trying to win they game for first 70 minutes. 

Ndidi immense with Mahrez in his sublime mood. Will be interesting to see if Chilwell got any of ball, obviously couldn't see from the lower tier. 

So many positives from today. Currently on a train out of the capital a touch battered.

First and foremost we were so good in possession, retaining it and no hoof ball. Wind the clock back 12 months, unrecognisable in possession. 

Something had shifted massively for the better. Should have won - but football is a cruel mistress!!

No sign of of weller54 and the Negative Crew I notice after that performance. Probably at the City ground watching their beloved Florist.

Can only assume they made themselves look like cnuts pre match when Matty James was announced as being in the team 

In reality we only have ourselves to blame for not taking the 3 points as we had enough chances but appreciate the ref didn't exactly have a great game

An all Spanish midfield on Tuesday I would think

• Like 1

Just now, ramadaone said:

No sign of of weller54 and the Negative Crew I notice after that performance. Probably at the City ground watching their beloved Florist.

Can only assume they made themselves look like cnuts pre match when Matty James was announced as being in the team 

In reality we only have ourselves to blame for not taking the 3 points as we had enough chances but appreciate the ref didn't exactly have a great game

An all Spanish midfield on Tuesday I would think

All Iberian perhaps, but afaik we've only got one Spanish midfielder.

4 minutes ago, ramadaone said:

Correct

22 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

or drawBeat Huddersfield, Everton, Brighton.....in fact not lost to any of those mentioned!

I never said we lost, but if you had read the comments of FT posters you'd know we were far less than convincing. Today and against Manure and ManC and Spurs and Arsenal we looked the part. We may not have lost to those I mentioned but we weren't exactly pulling up trees. I'm yet to be convinced by Puel but so far so good, we're safe and we'll finish 10th to 12th, I reckon.

My point was, that we seem to pull out all the stops against the top 6 but struggle, even though we win or draw, against teams we would expect to beat quite easily.

Edited by Parafox

We created so many decent goal scoring opportunities today with really sharp passing and movement which was the biggest plus point.

Mahrez was simply unplayable at times as was Ndidi.  The back 4 actually looked very comfortable and Dragovic I thought was very good as was Amartey.

Regards the penalty, anywhere else on the pitch and the ref would give it.  In fact, during the course of the game he gave some pretty similar fouls so gutted he didn't point to the spot.  Having said that, if it had been given against us i'd be screaming blue murder!  The sending off is a bit of a tricky one.  When you ref a game in that way (booking players for borderline challenges) then it's likely someone will see red.  I think the 2nd yellow that led to the red was a booking, however his first challenge didn't warrant a booking and only got one as the scene had already been set.

I think the first half we were actually incredible and from the off, there was a real look of intent from us.  Puel said we weren't going to be afraid and were going to have a go and we showed that we can do that and not get battered which I think was always Shakespeare's biggest fear when playing the top sides.

If we can add some real quality this window and keep hold of Mahrez, Puel is starting to look like a manager that can cement us in the top 10 and push us for European spots.  With a bit of luck, Arsenal will continue to implode, Burnley will drop off and we'll sneak 6th.

• Like 3

Disappointed, felt like a loss. Which is very harsh considering we outplayed Chelsea for 70 mins when it was 11 against 12.

Chilwell played the ball and the Chelsea player was not in his view when he slid onto the ball. Two seasons ago this would never have been a foul. Strange that he got booked for two iffy fouls when Kante got away with a succession of fouls and only received one yellow. On the positive side Matty James showed how wrong the doubters were when they said he should be off loaded at the beginning of the season. Harry Mcguire dominated the Chelsea forwards and Wilf Ndidi was head and shoulders above Kante, literally and in a playing sense.