Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Chelsea Post Match 0-0

this is claude learning from the mistakes at watford today we played the way we should have holding the ball and pressing the ball when off possesion. Very positive from james and mahrez in paticular. The referee had a bad game but if he were biased it would have shown. 

And also this isnt the first time mahrez dived when he could have scored.

where is that person who told me it was impossible to play possesion football without iborra 

• Like 1

So impressive from the boys today.  Seriously impressive. Gutted we didn't get the win we deserved. It was fantastic to see us pressing high up the pitch away to a top 6 team, rather than sitting off letting them pass through us as we would have done under Shakey. That was the key for me. And the passing and movement was on a different level to pre Puel. I really like what he is doing with the team, even if I was a bit annoyed with his team selection at Fleetwood!

We have some outstanding individuals in this team. I'd say that Maguire, Ndidi, Mahrez, Vardy and Kasper are all amongst the best 10 players outside the top 6. In fact, they're all top 6 quality on their day. Hopefully Silva will be added to that list too, once fully fit.

I think we now have a real shot at finishing 7th. Burnley have hit the wall and, moreover, only 3 of our final 15 games are against the top 6, the fewest in the league. Happy days!

• Like 1

We were awful finishing, but that was easily the best-played game all season. That was the FIRST TIME we have seen the squad play Puelball for more than a half, and we looked absolutely rampant. We are increasingly comfortable on the ball, increasingly sophisticated in creating opportunities, but we have real questions to answer at striker. Vardy manages to create something from nothing just about every game, but he has been noticeably less effective finishing this season, especially on the road. He may be just fine, just a bit unlucky, but we cannot walk away from a game like today with no goals scored, that isn't anywhere near good enough. It isn't all on Vardy of course, and this was a very defensive 11 that Puel named, so Chelsea really sticking Riyad was to be expected, but we need more quality finishing on the field than we had today. I did like that line-up on the road against a top side however, it was shockingly effective, if we could've managed one more threat on left side, I think we gut out 3 points.

Speaking of which, one point on substitutes: Chelsea was all over Mahrez today, this was a game I'd have liked to see Slim or Gray involved in, if we'd had the opportunity to go with Slim or Gray for Shinji as a substitute in an even game, Chelsea would've had to back off Mahrez, and we might well have seen him put one in. I know, it seems wrong to critique the attack today, it was working very well for quite a bit of the time, just Mahrez kept finding himself bracketed with two defenders, sometimes even three, and when that is happening, we have to get another offensive threat on the field to force the defense to spread out and honor the threat Slim or Gray bring that Shinji doesn't. 

Overall, this was a great game. The team was consistently aggressive until the red card, which is the longest sustained stretch all season. Most impressively, we kept Chelsea on the back foot deep into the 2H, including obviously coming out of the half where we often fade, I haven't seen the lads manage that while playing consistent Puel-ball all season. If we can play like that regularly, even if Chelsea was worn down today, we will challenge for the top-6. With a bit of luck, we score 2-3 today, it was an outstanding performance.

• Like 1

Thought there were a few unsung heroes at the back today. Dragovic and Amartey. Yes Danny-boy made a few mistakes but thought he stuck to his task and kept his concentration. Dragovic just goes about his business quietly. Maybe that's why he felt a little underwhelming initially but he's a solid pro who's naturally getting better the more games he plays. Think he'll get better still. Chilwell was unlucky as fuch. He didn't even know Moses was there.

Overall we looked the most organized since we've had Puel. Very optimistic based on this but let's keep in mind that Chelsea did look jaded/lazy.

• Like 2

Would have taken a point before we kicked a ball, grateful to finish with a point considering we went down to 10 men. Only caught 2nd half and we looked very good, could say we need to be more clinical but it's not as though we struggle for goals. Chilwell partially unlucky, bit of a wild challenge but still unsure to say it was a foul.. if you go diving in like that than inevitably the ref may make a knee jerk decision.

Puel has set us up brilliantly and continues to prove me wrong.

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

I never said we lost, but if you had read the comments of FT posters you'd know we were far less than convincing. Today and against Manure and ManC and Spurs and Arsenal we looked the part. We may not have lost to those I mentioned but we weren't exactly pulling up trees. I'm yet to be convinced by Puel but so far so good, we're safe and we'll finish 10th to 12th, I reckon.

My point was, that we seem to pull out all the stops against the top 6 but struggle, even though we win or draw, against teams we would expect to beat quite easily.

Thats the major fault of this forum..OTT expectancy, and an arrogance that forgets why one follows football,

its the twist the ups and downs, the strange and funny hiccups, its the journey, not the single jump on jump off stops.

Wow, in our bumpy journey, we look a strong .."  8th  ", we've wisely or just stumbled on a Mr Puel, but hes definitely

rough and ready up for it, even very cheekily playing the Gentleman ..taking from another poster......

We really do have a new NAPUELEON. After a Successfull Csaer, who succumbed eventually to his  nero character,

a new Emproer  as emerged

, with something new and daring under his tunic....

Its only beginning, so not tonight Josephene, new campaigns are afoot...

Today We ...out Kant'd  Kante.....We Afconned   the Axsis  french/Italian combo..

Theres no Ifs or buts, on one offs, Puels team have slowly   developed.

There are hiccups, skirmishes   we will fall down upon..we will still scream frustration,

But we  pleasantly moving forward, and actually evolving, with the Old guard,Finding

new potentional, rekindling  potential, that were rightly questioned.

Puel Has found good strength within,....can he bring in and tweek positions  and strengthen  around his new legions.

Not forgetting, his questioned Lieutenants, seem to be finding, which of the royal Blue guard,is ready and willing

for the frontline.....

Edited by fuchsntf

For a makeshift defence that was a great display. Chillwell was even having a great game other than the bookings. He will learn from that. 

Unfortunately in football today if you go to ground and don’t win the ball cleanly there’s an 80% chance of a booking. 

Excellent performance. Second week running I've got up at a stupid time to go and watch us away from home, second week running I've seen us draw 0-0, but the contrast in how I feel is unbelievable.

I think with 11 men we sneak that.

We should be proud of that performance. Great effort.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

For a makeshift defence that was a great display. Chillwell was even having a great game other than the bookings. He will learn from that. 

Unfortunately in football today if you go to ground and don’t win the ball cleanly there’s an 80% chance of a booking. 

Could be a changing of the guard in defence, more games from draga, and amartey, they could both improve the side.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

One of the best 0-0 draws I've ever been too. We deserved to win. Very proud of the lads

Away support was fantastic, you could hear it loud and clear all the way through the game!

Laughed out loud when I heard the "who finished third in a two horse race" chant being sung by both sets of supporters!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Wizerud said:

Thought there were a few unsung heroes at the back today. Dragovic and Amartey. Yes Danny-boy made a few mistakes but thought he stuck to his task and kept his concentration. Dragovic just goes about his business quietly. Maybe that's why he felt a little underwhelming initially but he's a solid pro who's naturally getting better the more games he plays. Think he'll get better still. Chilwell was unlucky as fuch. He didn't even know Moses was there.

Overall we looked the most organized since we've had Puel. Very optimistic based on this but let's keep in mind that Chelsea did look jaded/lazy.

Look jaded..ffs they Have a multi million 11-22  player squad....Tired..no, no, and no again..not an excuse.

So your are scared to commiting and would rather find an excuse for the opposition..I have nothing to keep in mind,

Its the foxes, that I follow, and not opps weak get out clauses...shame on you  +++ plus other debased foxes..

You all need culling...wake up..let go, feel the wind,  dare to enjoy the ride.....

Edited by fuchsntf

31 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Would have taken a point before we kicked a ball, grateful to finish with a point considering we went down to 10 men. Only caught 2nd half and we looked very good, could say we need to be more clinical but it's not as though we struggle for goals. Chilwell partially unlucky, bit of a wild challenge but still unsure to say it was a foul.. if you go diving in like that than inevitably the ref may make a knee jerk decision.

Puel has set us up brilliantly and continues to prove me wrong.

Mate, we bossed them in the first half. Up until the red card we could easily have won that game

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi