Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Watford (H) Match Thread

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I know Iborra had a bit of a drop in form but he was playing really well before that earlier in the season but seems to have really fallen out of favour for some reason.

He’s had two good games and been awful ever since.

Kingy rightly gets stick for sideways or backwards passing,

but Iborra seems no different in this respect.

Im disappointed in him so far.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

2 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

He’s had two good games and been awful ever since.

Kingy rightly gets stick for sideways or backwards passing,

but Iborra seems no different in this respect.

Im disappointed in him so far.

He made more forwards passes than anyone else on the pitch last game though.

• Like 1

Oh I hate it when people state "he always plays it sideways/backwards". Not being funny but if you're a centre midfielder and you've got no options ahead of you, you look for the man next to you, if not there then behind you. The name of the game is keeping possession and finding the quickest way forward.  You're not going to find a killer forward pass every bloody time are you?

• Like 4

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Matter of time before James gets injured again so Iborra and Silva will be in very soon.

Presume theyll both probably play next weekend id imagine.

Just now, Tuna said:

I wasn't very impressed by Iborra against Fleetwood,  but I would have had him on the bench.

Claude obviously likes what he sees from James. 

To be fair James was great last week and Silva impressed midweek. Iborra also got the full 90 in the cup. 

It’s brilliant to see that we can leave a player like Iborra out of the squad and still have both a good starting partnership and a class player on the bench. It creates competition among the squad which improves performances. Certainly I feel Shinji and Albrighton reacted very well to bring dropped and returned to the starting 11 playing better than ever. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Strange that Iborra isn't in there. I don't think there's any doubt he's proved himself to be honest, so can only assume that there's some injury concern. 

Yes, I wonder if he is being handled with care. Maybe a niggling injury that occassionaly blows up...

I actually thought we would be seeing Iborra/ndidi/Silva..midfield spread, with James an occasional slot in..

Not even on the Bench,  mmm

12 minutes ago, Beechey said:

He made more forwards passes than anyone else on the pitch last game though.

Maybe because VC was dropping so deep to unnecessarily take the ball from defenders.

From there the only way is forwards. 

No coincidence maybe that our best ‘footballing’ performance of the season last week didn’t include Iborra.

The midfield duo there let Dragovic and Maguire play out themselves thus freeing up more players to enable us to dominate.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

3 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Maybe because VC was dropping so deep to unnecessarily take the ball from defenders.

No coincidence maybe that our best ‘footballing’ performance of the season last week didn’t include Iborra.

The midfield duo there let Dragovic and Maguire play out themselves thus freeing up more players to enable us to dominate.

Hmm

Puel clearly thinks its a waste to have 2 CM's on the bench.  That doesnt mean Diabate or Benalouanne are higher in the pecking order, it means Silva, James and Ndidi are and I might actually agree with that. We have great options, im just waiting for a game where we line up with 5 CMs

1 minute ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

"... he plays so many balls backwards"

"he played so many balls forwards because ..."

Think you're getting your message confused here.

Iborra is a holding midfielder, he moves deep and plays others in. Him moving towards the CBs allows the FBs to move forwards, with the assurance that we're not going to be left open at the back. It works much better with Okazaki because he drops back into midfield to replenish it to a 2.

20 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

As far as Iborra is concerned you are an actual blind person.

He had a weak first half with stray passes against Chelsea but you’ve missed completely how he controlled the play, used space, turned players, saved Amartey more than once and pulled the strings. It was one of his worst performances but the way you slated him after the game was a bit daft mate to be honest.

Errrm he didn't play against Chelsea 

• Haha 1