Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Next up.. Peterborough.. (A) F A cup.

As others have said, play a strong side. If we go out to a lower league team, fans will quite rightly be livid given that we are almost safe from relegation already and realistically can't finish higher than 6th at best, with 7th probably as good as we can do.

If we go out to a top 6 team then fair enough, but right now I'd say that we are a good outsiders bet to win the thing. Pressure off in the league, good team playing well and a side that have proved it's got bottle.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tuna said:

No excuses to playing a weakened team. We're doing great in the league and should be looking at the FA Cup as a real target.

We're playing Saturday - Saturday - Saturday so shouldn't need to rest players.

Continuity is key I feel so, maybe a couple of changes but I want to see Maguire, Vardy, Mahrez and Ndidi play.

Maybe Fuchs in for Chilwell and Silva in for James and the rest the same as against Watford.

We've got a big Prem game against Everton on Wednesday after. It won't be a full strength game as we'll want to win the league game.

2 minutes ago, chicagofox said:

It isn’t though, is it? They’re 8th in the third tier. We are 7th in the top division. Play a strong team and it isn’t a tough, let alone very tough, game.

Naive really, this is the game of their season, they’re a professional outfit and they’re at home, they’ll likely play the game of their lives whilst dragging our quality into the gutter with it, like fleetwood at their place.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Naive really, this is the game of their season, they’re a professional outfit and they’re at home, they’ll likely play the game of their lives whilst dragging our quality into the gutter with it, like fleetwood at their place.

On the contrary - I think it'll be really open. The way they came at Villa was commendable. I think they'll go for the jugular and it'll be a very entertaining cup tie which they could well win. 

19 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

It isn’t naive. I get your point but Fleetwood wasn’t really a tough game. We weren’t ever under serious pressure and their chance at the end was off a deflection. It was a poor performance because we picked a weakened team and all of them played poorly. We’ve just drawn with Chelsea and thoroughly outperformed.a Premier League team. We are a much better team than Peterborough with much better players. Pick the right players and have the right attitude and we will win.

20 minutes ago, Line-X said:

On the contrary - I think it'll be really open. The way they came at Villa was commendable. I think they'll go for the jugular and it'll be a very entertaining cup tie which they could well win. 

If we put in the types of performances we have been in the Premier League of late they will have no chance of winning. 

We don’t have to build the opposition to be much better than they are. It’s ok to say we should easily win.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, chicagofox said:

It isn’t though, is it? They’re 8th in the third tier. We are 7th in the top division. Play a strong team and it isn’t a tough, let alone very tough, game.

Watched Posh against an admittedly weakened Villa side 6 or 7 wouldn’t have flattered them, Villa had Terry, De Laat, Lansbury, Grealish.....need a physically strong energetic team......not gonna be easy....Marriott and Maddison will both be sold for hefty fees....after the cup tie....

1 minute ago, chicagofox said:

If we put in the types of performances we have been in the Premier League of late they will have no chance of winning. 

We don’t have to build the opposition to be much better than they are. 

It's the FA cup chap, have you learnt nothing over the years? Totally different dynamic. And if we put in the performance that we did at Highbury a fortnight ago they have every chance. 

I'm not building the opposition to be much better than they are, I expect them to throw everything at us, I applaud the way that they acquitted themselves away at Villa Park and depending upon the team we put out, we could well be beaten. Massive occasion for the Posh and under such circumstances London Road can be very loud. We were pretty impotent for much of the first half against Fleetwood who had several chances that they failed to put away. 

6 minutes ago, chicagofox said:

It’s ok to say we should easily win.

Say whatever you want...history speaks for itself. 

• Like 1