Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Next up.. Peterborough.. (A) F A cup.

13 minutes ago, surrifox said:

when you put out a side that don't play together other than in training they are likely to play poorly

That's why they need game time. We've had to call on some of these players to slot into the first team. They've had 2 legs of it already so you'd think they'd be pretty clued up with what to expect. Hope Puel sticks with a similar team to the one that beat Fleetwood.

Up the foxes

I’m not sure Claude completely gets the cup competitions, tbh. 

Fleetwood were underestimated and we nearly came unstuck. Manchester City put out a weakened team...then so did Claude. 

The game time argument is fine if you are integrating one or two players, but doesn’t work well when it’s 6 or 7 and disjoints the team. 

Peterborough are up for this and we need to be, too. 

8 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

Oh you crazy young guys

IFC-revenge-of-the-nerds-group-600x400.jpg

Golden age mate. I could make an airfix in the morning. Get my action men all kitted up for a nice battle. Have lunch, go to war, then off to the park in my Admiral kit and play footie for hours, then come home and watch some instructional TV on how to build a nuclear bomb shelter. 

Nowdays I could make a coffee, read the airfix instructions and go to bed again about 11pm. Anyone claiming time is a constant knows fuch all. 

At at this rate I’ve only got a week for us to win the sodding FA Cup. Just do it already. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, surrifox said:

I think that few people disagree with this in principle . It makes sense . It's just that however talented the individual components are ,when you put out a side that don't play together other than in training they are likely to play poorly against a motivated side who know each other's strengths and a lot of us just want to make progress in this competition 

Manchester United put out a barely recognisable side against Yeovil last night and reportedly played poorly in the first half. Although they won 4-0 I actually don't think it is fair for Premier League clubs to field a team of second choice players in the cup competitions. Yeovil would have seen that cup tie as their match of the season, as will Peterborough against us, and the smaller clubs need the gate money and media coverage. I would say that there should be a rule that a team in a senior competition ie League, FA cup, Carabao cup and Europe, should have at least five players who have played for the first team in the last five games in all competitions. Otherwise the offending club is fined and / or docked points if it is the league. That should keep everyone happy. A number of first choice players can be rested. Fringe players get a chance to stake a claim for a place in the first team. Supporters of the likes of Peterborough and Yeovil get to see big name players on their own patch and don't get to feel they have been short changed by buying a ticket to see their team against a Premier League club, which fields a bunch of fringe players and youngsters.

18 minutes ago, The Fox Covert said:

Manchester United put out a barely recognisable side against Yeovil last night and reportedly played poorly in the first half. Although they won 4-0 I actually don't think it is fair for Premier League clubs to field a team of second choice players in the cup competitions. Yeovil would have seen that cup tie as their match of the season, as will Peterborough against us, and the smaller clubs need the gate money and media coverage. I would say that there should be a rule that a team in a senior competition ie League, FA cup, Carabao cup and Europe, should have at least five players who have played for the first team in the last five games in all competitions. Otherwise the offending club is fined and / or docked points if it is the league. That should keep everyone happy. A number of first choice players can be rested. Fringe players get a chance to stake a claim for a place in the first team. Supporters of the likes of Peterborough and Yeovil get to see big name players on their own patch and don't get to feel they have been short changed by buying a ticket to see their team against a Premier League club, which fields a bunch of fringe players and youngsters.

With all respect, we dont care about a league one teams fans seeing our best players. They can watch SKY or MoTD for that. Its up to the club. We deserved to suffer a replay against Fleetwood because we put out a weakish team which played poorly, if we do the same today its our own fault, but we have no obligation to Peterborough fans to play a strong team.

16 minutes ago, Foxy_jim said:

With all respect, we dont care about a league one teams fans seeing our best players. They can watch SKY or MoTD for that. Its up to the club. We deserved to suffer a replay against Fleetwood because we put out a weakish team which played poorly, if we do the same today its our own fault, but we have no obligation to Peterborough fans to play a strong team.

Yes we don't owe Peterborough fans anything but we should be doing the right thing for LCFC.

IMO the right thing for us is to field our strongest team as we should be going all out to try to win the FA Cup.

I'll be fuming if we go out to a League One club at this stage.

• Like 1

I'm so looking forward to the meltdown and hissy fitting if a weakened team is announced on the match thread, and please spare me the implosion if things go tits up lol

I have faith in you and whatever team you put out Claude and I think we will run out comfortable winners.COYB

• Haha 1

Seeing as we have a big game midweek I'm looking at using the back up players mostly today.

Jakupovic

Simpson

Dragovic

Huth

Fuchs

Iborra

Choudhury

Thomas

Silva

Gray

Iheanacho.

I expect that team to win 0-4

I personally think that we can make 8 changes today and still play a very very strong team. Its bound to be 8 or more changes but if we keep the changes at 8 we could play this team and id shoot myself if we didnt win!!

Jakupovic

Simpson

Maguire

Huth

Fuchs

Gray

Iborra

Silva

Albrighton

Okazaki

Iheanacho

Maguire stays in to assist Huth in his comeback.....Albrighton as he seems to be able to play all the time and we dont have 4 wingers and Okazaki to keep the connection between midfield and attack plus Iheanacho works better alone i think.

Edited by tickler28

1 minute ago, theessexfox said:

This is a much bigger game than Everton.

But it doesn't need a stronger team than Everton. The team I put up is easily good enough to walk the match.

No cup game is

4 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

This is a much bigger game than Everton.

No cup game is bigger than 3 points in the league am afraid...just the way it is these days...fans may disagree but the owners wouldn't

Edited by tickler28

1 minute ago, FIF said:

But it doesn't need a stronger team than Everton. The team I put up is easily good enough to walk the match.

I disagree, it should be on paper but they've never played before and it's not just a case of us being lacklustre against Fleetwood with such a poor team, you saw the likes of West Ham and Chelsea struggle to click on the same weekend, I wouldn't be confident with that team.

I disagree, it should be on paper but they've never played before and it's not just a case of us being lacklustre against Fleetwood with such a poor team, you saw the likes of West Ham and Chelsea struggle to click on the same weekend, I wouldn't be confident with that team.

Take a look at my team with 8 changes....much better

1 minute ago, tickler28 said:

No cup game is

No cup game is bigger than 3 points in the league am afraid...just the way it is these days...fans my disagree but the owners wouldn't

Well it's subjective I guess, firstly the FA Cup is one of our best chances to get European football, secondly we are pretty secure in the league and most importantly as a fan, this game to me is so much bigger than another league game, we have had so many seasons where a tight league spot has been an excuse not to try in the Cup, now we are stable and mid-table this is our year to go for it. Hopefully the club see it the same way.

• Like 1

Just now, tickler28 said:

Take a look at my team with 8 changes....much better

I wouldn't be too unhappy with that team because it is predominantly first-teamers still, we have more than 11 first-team players now Puel is using the squad well. I would like to see Mahrez because he can be the difference when we play poorer opposition and are often lowered to their standard.

1 minute ago, FIF said:

Even if we lose today it won't be because we put out an inferior side. Probably every one of our players will still be better than all of their's. In the context of qualifying for the 5th round even a draw is a good result for us today.

If we can beat Everton in the week there will be a 9pt gap between us which should be too big a gap to catch for one of our biggest rivals for 7th place. I'm more than happy to play a squad team today and save the best players for Everton. I'm greedy and I want positive results in both games and playing the squad players today is the best route to that IMO.

I accept your view. For me Peterborough are in the league they merit, Everton are in the league they merit. We need a better team to beat Everton. And if you don't think that 3 of the back 4 from the title year with imo a better midfield (including Iborra, Silva and Gray) some young talent who will want to shine in Choudhury, Thomas, Gray and a young 25m striker is not good enough to see off Peterborough then Leicester are wasting their time with purchases.