Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Next up.. Peterborough.. (A) F A cup.

1 minute ago, theessexfox said:

Well it's subjective I guess, firstly the FA Cup is one of our best chances to get European football, secondly we are pretty secure in the league and most importantly as a fan, this game to me is so much bigger than another league game, we have had so many seasons where a tight league spot has been an excuse not to try in the Cup, now we are stable and mid-table this is our year to go for it. Hopefully the club see it the same way.

League matches always mean more to me...its our bread and butter. Dont get me wrong ill be absolutely gutted if we lose today and miffed if we draw.

Later rounds of the cup will get me off my seat and a semi final and final yes you could argue are more important if youre safe in the league.

Disagree that this is our best shot at Europe as thats finishing 7th (where we stand at the minute).

As far as team selection goes im not stressed about it as we will hopefully see Simpson / Huth / Fuchs (Prem winning defence), Iborra (better than James), Silva (European Championship winner) and Iheanacho (scored both our goals v Fleetwood and was MOTM).

Hardly the worst players to bring in ate they.

Based on the players who boarded the bus this morning, heading to the ground, this could be the team:

Jakupovic

Simpson

Huth

Maguire

Fuchs

Gray

Iborra

Silva

Albrighton

Ihenacho

Diabate

Subs: Mahrez, Vardy, Hamer, Chilwell......

Both Vardy and Mahrez were present, so doubt that they will be leaving in this transfer window. No signs of Slimani, King, Morgan, Amartey, Schmeichel, Ulloa, Musa, Benalouane, unless they made their own way to the ground. 

Edited by 49er

I think there’s an argument to rotation in that a top club should be able to put out any team, playing in any formation and still do well. We aren’t a top club yet but if we have aspirations to get there then we need to master the ability to fully utilise our 25 man squad and pick an appropriate team for each match. 

That said we only have 14 league games left and are doing well in the league. So getting knocked out by lower league opposition would be very frustrating!

However, I’ve been super impressed with Puel and trust him today. I think he’s taking LCFC as a club forwards. It’s not just results but style of play, better use of the squad, better use it of certain players etc. 

COYB!

3 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

FA cup winner gets about £1.8m, runner up £0.9m. Premier league about £2m extra per place. Sunderland got more for finishing bottom than Arsenal for winning cup. Tragic that FA are so off the pace, but whats new?

True  but it’s more of an honour, then anything 

7 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

FA cup winner gets about £1.8m, runner up £0.9m. Premier league about £2m extra per place. Sunderland got more for finishing bottom than Arsenal for winning cup. Tragic that FA are so off the pace, but whats new?

True, but most football fans could tell you the FA Cup winner in every year they've been watching the game. No one could tell you who finished 7th in 1995/6.

Football is about way more than money!

Good point about the money .FA should be able to raise the profile,revenue and therefore prize money.Worldwide Tv must be worth a small fortune.

Still a lot of prestige as winners and it will always be one of the big teams in th end.I notice Yeovil had the full pitchside advertising on last night hope they made some decent money.