Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Next up.. Peterborough.. (A) F A cup.

If it was at home I'd be more confident, Away is always a risk as the opposition feel in their comfort zone. We'll need to be ready for them as they will be big strong and physical. So we need to be alert and ready for them.

If we're professional and focused then we should win comfortably. But the romance of the FA cup makes hero's of players and small Clubs. We just have to make sure we're not a victim.

1 hour ago, Line-X said:

On the contrary - I think it'll be really open. The way they came at Villa was commendable. I think they'll go for the jugular and it'll be a very entertaining cup tie which they could well win. 

Villa? lol if they come at us like that we’ll smash them 5-0 at full bore, but I doubt they will :( 

2 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Villa? lol 

Yeah fourth in the Championship Villa. A team 27 places above them, a shit place to have to visit and instead of Fleetwood a draw we probably would have ****ed up as we did in 2015 if we'd played like we did at Highbury. As I say, the way they pressed high was brave. 

2 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

if they come at us like that we’ll smash them 5-0 at full bore

You think? I'd say it very much depends on who we put out. 

11 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

...but I doubt they will :( 

I think that's precisely what they'll do unless they go for a lucrative replay over here and as was suggested earlier try to kill the game. 

Likely progression to the fifth round, but this is not a guaranteed win or by any means a push over as was suggested earlier. 

28 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Yeah fourth in the Championship Villa. A team 27 places above them, a shit place to have to visit and instead of Fleetwood a draw we probably would have ****ed up as we did in 2015 if we'd played like we did at Highbury. As I say, the way they pressed high was brave. 

You think? I'd say it very much depends on who we put out. 

I think that's precisely what they'll do unless they go for a lucrative replay over here and as was suggested earlier try to kill the game. 

Likely progression to the fifth round, but this is not a guaranteed win or by any means a push over as was suggested earlier. 

You’ve given different scenarios but neither can have be an accurate opinion, our squad could all get a broken left leg in the first half hour lol 

As for who we field, full bore means full capability, meaning they won’t compete if they come at us, I expect them to frustrate us though.

Edited by SheppyFox

6 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

You’ve given different scenarios but neither can have be an accurate opinion, our squad could all get a broken left leg in the first half hour lol 

And Peterborough town centre could get obliterated by a 30-metre near-Earth asteroid - what's your point?

Regarding accuracy of opinions, why say this then...

if they come at us like that we’ll smash them 5-0 at full bore

As you say, anything can happen - particularly in the Cup and particularly since we are Leicester City. I have made no such predictions, simply beyond saying I admire the way they played away at Villa and they'll be up for this home tie. It's certainly folly to suggest as another post did that "it''s ok to say we should easily win". You know as well as I do the history of this competition.

10 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

As for who we field, full bore means full capability, 

Right - apologies for misconstruing your terminology. So by your definition - you believe we'll put a full strength XI? Because to me, "full bore" conjures up our last televised away performance in this competition and the first twenty minutes of the replay at home last Tuesday.

24 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

meaning they won’t compete if they come at us, I expect them to frustrate us though.

They could very well "compete" if they come at us. Watford were absolutely shite on Boxing Day - and they frustrated us by somehow winning the game through our own errors. This is the FA Cup and once more, irrespective of who plays, I don't think it will be the pushover that some have suggested. 

41 minutes ago, Line-X said:

And Peterborough town centre could get obliterated by a 30-metre near-Earth asteroid - what's your point?

Regarding accuracy of opinions, why say this then...

As you say, anything can happen - particularly in the Cup and particularly since we are Leicester City. I have made no such predictions, simply beyond saying I admire the way they played away at Villa and they'll be up for this home tie. It's certainly folly to suggest as another post did that "it''s ok to say we should easily win". You know as well as I do the history of this competition.

Right - apologies for misconstruing your terminology. So by your definition - you believe we'll put a full strength XI? Because to me, "full bore" conjures up our last televised away performance in this competition and the first twenty minutes of the replay at home last Tuesday.

They could very well "compete" if they come at us. Watford were absolutely shite on Boxing Day - and they frustrated us by somehow winning the game through our own errors. This is the FA Cup and once more, irrespective of who plays, I don't think it will be the pushover that some have suggested. 

TLDR. Quiet right though :) 

If we play a team like we did at Fleetwood first game we will lose. 

I hope we play the strongest team although I'm sure we won't. 

Reckon it will be

Jak

Amartey 

Dragovic 

Benalouane 

Fuchs 

Gray

Iborra 

Silva 

Albrighton

Okazaki 

Iheancaho 

3 hours ago, NewEnglandFox said:

We have a problem of turning lower league teams into bogeyman. And our FA Cup record reflects it. It took 2 games to get past Derby, 2 to get past Fleetwood, and we all know what happened at the Den. The 4th time ago we got a lower league club in the FA Cup was 4th tier Burton and we got through. 2 years ago we won the league playing gritty workman football against pretentious and complacent elites. Don't turn that table so we're somehow the more important top tier club that is somehow too good for poor lower league Posh but also somehow making them a serious threat. That entitlement is complacency. Complacency is incompetence. Recognize their game and beat it. Don't act like they should roll over because we're from 2 divisions above. And don't blame the ****ing pitch. Come to play. Because they'll say how many of our players cost many times more than their entire squad yet look like they belong in the same league.

Good post.