Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Next up.. Peterborough.. (A) F A cup.

7 hours ago, Tuna said:

No excuses to playing a weakened team. We're doing great in the league and should be looking at the FA Cup as a real target.

We're playing Saturday - Saturday - Saturday so shouldn't need to rest players.

Continuity is key I feel so, maybe a couple of changes but I want to see Maguire, Vardy, Mahrez and Ndidi play.

Maybe Fuchs in for Chilwell and Silva in for James and the rest the same as against Watford.

Spot on

this could be our year so let’s give it a real go please 

come on Leicester :scarf:

We have Everton midweek so expect a rotated team again. I don't know why people exoect Vardy and Mahrez to play every minute of every game. 

If we beat Everton we will go 9 points clear of 9th so it's a game I'm sure Puel really wants to win.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, chicagofox said:

It isn’t though, is it? They’re 8th in the third tier. We are 7th in the top division. Play a strong team and it isn’t a tough, let alone very tough, game.

Oh, didn't some people say the same about Fleetwood...

It's the FA Cup, they'll be all up for it, as it is their game of the season - and they're at home. I except heavier resistance than in the previous round, I can even see us conceding a goal.

It won't be a walkover unless the Posh let that happen.

Edited by MC Prussian

Really want to beat these obviously but particularly because they are Adrian Durhams team! We should learn from the Fleetwood games and go for these from the off and get comfortable in the match as early as possible and not give them a chance

Jak

Simmo Huth Benny Fuchs

Gray Silva Iborra Diabeté

Slim Ian

Good partnerships in defence. Perhaps Chilly instead of Fuchs. Gray, Silva and Iborra should be able to work together well. And the Slim Ian partnership is already bearing fruits. That should be more than enough to beat the posh and then we continue our fight for sevenths a few days later with a rested first team.

Guest Col city fan
19 hours ago, Tuna said:

No excuses to playing a weakened team. We're doing great in the league and should be looking at the FA Cup as a real target.

We're playing Saturday - Saturday - Saturday so shouldn't need to rest players.

Continuity is key I feel so, maybe a couple of changes but I want to see Maguire, Vardy, Mahrez and Ndidi play.

Maybe Fuchs in for Chilwell and Silva in for James and the rest the same as against Watford.

Absolutely this! 

Theres a week till the next game.

Lets put out a full strength side, hammer them and keep increasing our confidence.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Absolutely this! 

Theres a week till the next game.

Lets put out a full strength side, hammer them and keep increasing our confidence.

Everyone seems to keep forgetting Everton away on the 30th.

• Like 4

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, Livid said:

Everyone seems to keep forgetting Everton away on the 30th.

Bollox forgot that. I thought it was on 31st though?

Who cares, play our best side and keep up the momentum!

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Bollox forgot that. I thought it was on 31st though?

Who cares, play our best side and keep up the momentum!

I actually thought it was this week until I checked.

I agree though minimal rotation/changes. I really want to see us win the FA Cup before I die!!! :mellow:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our next premier league match is against Everton. Burnley's is Newcastle. 

If we knacker out our first team we may be three points behind seventh again.

And seventh likely means European football. And European football means keeping Ndidi et al.

If we play to our full strength we should get seventh. 

But even at our full strength the FA cup may still be beyond us looking at the rest of the top five still in the cup.

And besides, our multi million pound bench warmers are starting to play well together. They should be allowed to continue and we should beat the posh.

• Like 3

I'd go:

Kasper (no need to rest a keeper)

Amartey

Dragovic

Maguire 

Fuchs

Gray 

Ndidi

Silva

Albrighton

Nacho 

Slim

Then have Vards, Shinji and Riyad on the bench in case of an emergency. 

I've gone with retaining rather than resting Maguire and Ndidi. I think the former is crucial to our retaining possession and building attacks through the lines, rather than hoofing towards giant league one centre backs (Benny's passing was horrific v Fleetwood), and the latter gives us much needed energy in the middle of the park. Reckon they're both fit enough to manage 3 games in a week. Overall, that would mean 5 changes from Saturday so key players would be rested but we'd still have some familiar partnerships.

Does anyone know the state of Peterborough pitch? The Fleetwood pitch was an utter shambles and it was hard to get our passing gane going this dragging our game down to their level.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

It won't be a walkover unless the Posh let that happen.

If, and of course it is an if, we play like we did against Chelsea, or Huddersfield, or even yesterday against Watford, it will be a walkover. Because we are a much better team than them.

Edited by chicagofox