Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scanchez

Nice pubs in Leicester

4 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I don’t know the owner. It’s two or three years since I’ve been there but its a nice internal setting with good food. Never had cause to complain when I’ve been before but I haven’t been recently. 

Is it expensive for what they serve? 

sorry for all the questions! lol

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

Is it expensive for what they serve? 

sorry for all the questions! lol

Do you want to PM me a survey lol 

It’s not cheap but it’s a gastropub set up with decent food so you wouldn’t expect it to be. I’ve always left happy with the service and what I’ve had. We’ve normally gone there with a group of friends and all have had a good evening. 

The caveat to my recommendation is that I haven’t been for a while but I’ve  no reason to think anything has changed. 

3 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Its a pub that Barnes and Maddison take their partners to make a daft instagram video. It takes itself far too seriously. Pop two minutes up the road to the Shires, better food and not pretentious.

I second this. The Grey Goose became a bit hit and miss for us, although it was a couple of years ago we last went. The service went down hill and the food wasn't always great, although the prices didn't change! 

You really can't go wrong with The Shires, especially at this time of year. Been countless times and it's never failed. The Christmas menu is amazing, lunch or dinner, and even their midweek curry or pie nights are a cut above the rest.