Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scanchez

Nice pubs in Leicester

2 hours ago, westernpark said:

I think it would need about 1million minimum to sort it out, even when not changing use. 

You’re probably right, I’ve heard it’s been ripped up a bit inside too

Probably more than £1m tbh. 

Pubs that are in good nick but just want refurbishing regularly spend 500k.

The BB probably needs a new roof, new electrics, re-plumbing, bathrooms, damp-proofing etc. The joinery alone runs into 6 figures.

However if somebody gets the ball rolling I’d put a few hundred in.

39 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

My post wasn’t serious, but a flight of fancy, but if someone did take it on, I’d back it and donate my time too….

Who wants to step up?!!!

I can help create a fund and domicile it offshore. Dunno anything else though 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Signage has gone up at Charnwood's new micropub in Barrow, The Fox Cub.

Had a nice Sunchaser at the revamped Soar Bridge Inn the other week. I'd not been in before but it didn't appear to have been too gutted by an Everard's makeover.

A pub in Nottinghamshire has been named as the best hospitality business at the Leicestershire business awards 2024, the Stuart Broad co-owned pub Tap & Run in Upper Broughton... although to be fair the pub is literally metres from the Leicestershire border, and has an LE postcode and Melton phone number. It's the pub that burnt down a few years ago.

https://www.meltontimes.co.uk/lifestyle/food-and-drink/top-local-award-for-village-pub-4714149

On 24/07/2024 at 10:25, The Syrup said:

A pub in Nottinghamshire has been named as the best hospitality business at the Leicestershire business awards 2024, the Stuart Broad co-owned pub Tap & Run in Upper Broughton... although to be fair the pub is literally metres from the Leicestershire border, and has an LE postcode and Melton phone number. It's the pub that burnt down a few years ago.

https://www.meltontimes.co.uk/lifestyle/food-and-drink/top-local-award-for-village-pub-4714149

Great place and lovely food, been a couple of times now. Highly recommend. 

4 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Went passed it yesterday morning, no sign of any work inside yet from any future tenant. 

A good craft place could easily work there. The tickers of Leicester gave Sommar a good go but if you can’t chat beer or do small talk, it won’t work. Plus the decor was crap.

8 hours ago, westernpark said:

A few pints in Nine Bar last night. I should go there more often, was lovely sitting out and some nice beer choices, albeit only on Keg. 

Burgers are good value 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, westernpark said:

A few pints in Nine Bar last night. I should go there more often, was lovely sitting out and some nice beer choices, albeit only on Keg. 

And im sure for the fact is it is one of the only ‘cool’ places in Leicester. To be an indie and last so long is a hell of an achievement.

• Like 1