Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scanchez

Nice pubs in Leicester

On 16/05/2022 at 10:57, Manini said:

Sorry to hijack a fine thread like this with Brummy nonsense…but I’m in Birmingham for work on Thursday - Saturday. I was wondering if anybody had any recommendations for good boozing/eating spots in the Snow Hill area of Birmingham? Not adverse to a bit of a walk to another area either. 

The Colmore, The Wolf, Pure Bar, Old Contemptibles 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Anyone know what the current state of play is at the old Font? Is it still a karaoke bar/pub?

Not trading as Legends any more brother, absolute vandalism what they did to the place. The Font was one of my favourite ever gaffs in town, burgers and roasts top drawer - not remarkable drinks wise (but not bad either) but the whole layout and vibe of the place was great, O Bar n all. 

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie
Typo

5 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Not trading as Legends any more brother, absolute vandalism what they did to the place. The Font was one of my favourite ever gaffs in town, burgers and roasts top drawer - not remarkable drinks wise (but not bad either) but the whole layout and vibe of the place was great, O Bar n all. 

They open as anything else or left to rot?

Yeah Font was great, just a gaff that frustratingly won't work in Leicester. Had the relaxed edge of firebug but just cool too.

On 16/05/2022 at 10:57, Manini said:

Sorry to hijack a fine thread like this with Brummy nonsense…but I’m in Birmingham for work on Thursday - Saturday. I was wondering if anybody had any recommendations for good boozing/eating spots in the Snow Hill area of Birmingham? Not adverse to a bit of a walk to another area either. 

https://www.oldjointstock.co.uk

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Stadt said:

The Wellington in Birmingham is great, I’ve otherwise found it a naff place to drink centrally.

Bit of a downer during the pandemic the Pint Shop closed next door, not 10/10 but had a nice vibe without trying too hard, good staff, nice punters and a decent choice of beers. Digbeth is the crawl these days.

Crying shame that imo the best pub in the centre / immediate vicinity in the Craven Arms got taken over by Black Country Ales a few years back. Used to be a bloody glorious little boozer that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Bit of a downer during the pandemic the Pint Shop closed next door, not 10/10 but had a nice vibe without trying too hard, good staff, nice punters and a decent choice of beers. Digbeth is the crawl these days.

Crying shame that imo the best pub in the centre / immediate vicinity in the Craven Arms got taken over by Black Country Ales a few years back. Used to be a bloody glorious little boozer that.

Old Crown, Big Bulls Head & The Anchor are all great 

Well yeah, The Wellington is a right gaff isn’t it. Staying next to a nice looking boozer called The Shakespeare which I’m off to try now, then on to The Colmore for a nice pint of Lukas and finishing off in Dishoom. Happy Thursday all let’s hope Villa get ****ing battered Ey. 

1 hour ago, Manini said:

Well yeah, The Wellington is a right gaff isn’t it. Staying next to a nice looking boozer called The Shakespeare which I’m off to try now, then on to The Colmore for a nice pint of Lukas and finishing off in Dishoom. Happy Thursday all let’s hope Villa get ****ing battered Ey. 

Dishoom do a great breakfast 👍🏻

5 minutes ago, BirminghamFox said:

Dishoom do a great breakfast 👍🏻

Do they do it at half 8 at night? lol Heard good things. Ended up in one of CF’s recommendations, Old Contemptibles, and got my ear chewed off about the league cup SF against Villa. 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Any recommendations for a decent breakfast in the city centre? Going out for the day with the missus and want to start the day right. Either full English type or and waffles/pancakes for her. Thanks 

Merchant of Venice is good but doesn't do a full English on Sundays

10 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Any recommendations for a decent breakfast in the city centre? Going out for the day with the missus and want to start the day right. Either full English type or and waffles/pancakes for her. Thanks 

St Martins cafe do a great full English now. Best I’ve had in the city centre I think 

36 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

'Kai' is worth a look in st martins square, do some amazing pancakes/breakfast's 

Got 4 mates coming down on Friday for the night and want to take them out in Leicester but I’m very out of touch with where to go now.

We’re all in our early thirties so not looking for a shiny nightclub or anything like that but more something like a bit of bar-hopping with live music or bars with a bit of a dance floor for when we get drunk enough!

Any recommendations?

I remember going out town Braunstone Gate a few years ago and there were some good little bars down there so was wondering whether that might be an option.

17 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Got 4 mates coming down on Friday for the night and want to take them out in Leicester but I’m very out of touch with where to go now.

We’re all in our early thirties so not looking for a shiny nightclub or anything like that but more something like a bit of bar-hopping with live music or bars with a bit of a dance floor for when we get drunk enough!

Any recommendations?

I remember going out town Braunstone Gate a few years ago and there were some good little bars down there so was wondering whether that might be an option.

I think Gadabout, Tonne, The Tree and Queen of Bradgate could do you nicely.

• Thanks 1