Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scanchez

Nice pubs in Leicester

1 hour ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Got 4 mates coming down on Friday for the night and want to take them out in Leicester but I’m very out of touch with where to go now.

We’re all in our early thirties so not looking for a shiny nightclub or anything like that but more something like a bit of bar-hopping with live music or bars with a bit of a dance floor for when we get drunk enough!

Any recommendations?

I remember going out town Braunstone Gate a few years ago and there were some good little bars down there so was wondering whether that might be an option.

Yeah like @SemperEadem said the top end of the High St is pretty much as close as you'll find to the Braunstone Gate of old now (though not quite as good) in terms of people spilling out onto the street doing bar-to-bar-to-bar, word of warning though it can get busy and a bit bloody Wild West up there past a certain hour; apart from the Tree which somehow manages to avoid the complete jabronis and is great

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The Tree has started going back up in my estimation. Beer is fairly average but it’s hassle free. The food is reasonably priced. It’s lost a bit of its former pretentiousness. 

It’s either that or I’m getting old 

Na man fully agree, binning that daft curved bar when they did the refurb has helped the space no end and the staff are always decent

11 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The Tree has started going back up in my estimation. Beer is fairly average but it’s hassle free. The food is reasonably priced. It’s lost a bit of its former pretentiousness. 

It’s either that or I’m getting old 

10 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Na man fully agree, binning that daft curved bar when they did the refurb has helped the space no end and the staff are always decent

Stick with it - they're about to get Brewpoint beer in, instead of Star - so you'll see a big improvement. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

I think Gadabout, Tonne, The Tree and Queen of Bradgate could do you nicely.

Thanks for the recommendations mate, really helpful. And to @Miquel The Work Geordie for your thoughts too!

Was keen on Queen of Bradgate live music Fridays but rang them and this Friday is just a DJ unfortunately - DJ Medley whoever he is apparently :ph34r:

3 hours ago, FoxFromCoalville said:

Obviously a little out of town for most but the owners of the blue boar have just opened a new bar called the rock in Whitwick. Nice little place with some great beer choices 

Did you pour your own pints from the machines?

There's so many good pubs around Coalville and Whitwick I've not had chance to get to yet.

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

There's so many good pubs around Coalville and Whitwick I've not had chance to get to yet.

The three horseshoes (Polly's) In Whitwick re-opens tomorrow. Now that was a real old school pub, be interesting to see if it's changed much inside. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FoxFromCoalville said:

Obviously a little out of town for most but the owners of the blue boar have just opened a new bar called the rock in Whitwick. Nice little place with some great beer choices 

Shhhhhhh, just through the woods from mine and don't want it any busier. 

7 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I didn’t use them the time I went. Feel free to message me if you would like any recommendations on the pubs in the area to visit… and those to avoid 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Is Istanbul good for food in Leicester? My mate is back from Canada in July and we will be going out in Leicester for food and drinks and fancy going there 

Wouldn’t recommend. On the basis that staff wages are made up through tips, according to some.

9 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Is Istanbul good for food in Leicester? My mate is back from Canada in July and we will be going out in Leicester for food and drinks and fancy going there 

On Narb Road? Very nice. Don't sell booze though. 
Efes on Braunstone gate is the same really but sell beers if that's what you're wanting.