Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scanchez

Nice pubs in Leicester

9 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Apart from those 2 are there any other recommendations for good food? I don’t eat out in Leicester often nowadays so not sure if there’s some decent new places. Cheers

Martin bros pizza just off Queens road is brilliant. They have a great selection of beer aswell 

• Like 1

Went to the Queen Victoria in Syston for the first time at the weekend, despite being a Syston citizen for a few years now.

Good atmosphere and decent ales.

Edited by Wymsey

On 08/06/2022 at 22:37, Wymsey said:

Went to the Queen Victoria in Syston for the first time at the weekend, despite being a Syston citizen for a few years now.

Good atmosphere and decent ales.

Did you re mortgage for a Scotch egg tho lol

But seriously yeah it's a good boozer, decent choice of drinks, and has some great spaces, inside and out, and always seems busy enough. 

Be interesting to see how the dog gets on now it's reopen, and to be fair, with the fox, the pharmacy and the refurbishment on the grosvenor there's potential for a good little crawl around syston.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have been tasked to find a decent (and veggie friendly)  Sunday roast in Leicestershire that is close to M1 on the virtue of being a Leicester fan yet have not lived in the city for 16 years.

Any recommendations folks?

2 hours ago, The Blur said:

I have been tasked to find a decent (and veggie friendly)  Sunday roast in Leicestershire that is close to M1 on the virtue of being a Leicester fan yet have not lived in the city for 16 years.

Not lived there for 5 years myself but maybe The Red Cow in L.F.E.

Used to work there many moons ago

• Thanks 1

On 01/06/2022 at 07:17, FoxFromCoalville said:

Obviously a little out of town for most but the owners of the blue boar have just opened a new bar called the rock in Whitwick. Nice little place with some great beer choices 

On 01/06/2022 at 12:27, Lako42 said:

Shhhhhhh, just through the woods from mine and don't want it any busier. 

Only a short walk for us too, been in a couple of times and impressed so far. Had really hoped they'd do meals in the evening. Definitely something that is lacking in the area, somewhere walkable that does food.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, The Blur said:

The Forge in Glenfield or Stamford Arms in Groby

• Thanks 1

Off to Leicester next Wednesday to meet up with a mate I’ve not seen in ages and my brother. We are planning east street lanes for some bowling and eating and Martin Bros Pizzeria. Does anyone know any decent pubs between the 2 so mainly London Road and Queens Road? Cheers 

8 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Off to Leicester next Wednesday to meet up with a mate I’ve not seen in ages and my brother. We are planning east street lanes for some bowling and eating and Martin Bros Pizzeria. Does anyone know any decent pubs between the 2 so mainly London Road and Queens Road? Cheers 

Queens Rd Tap is just around the corner from Martin Bros, they normally have a good selection of beers. 

Avoid the Clarendon, it's pants

Edited by Soup
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Queens road tap is decent, Real Ale Classroom is slightly off that route (not too far away) but is great for a beer 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, matty2702 said:

Probably been mentioned before but went over to the Pillings marina in barrow today for the first time, very pleasant afternoon sipping a few pints out on the deck… 

Agree; it's very nice.

Not too pricey.

A hidden gem of Leicestershire.

10 hours ago, matty2702 said:

Probably been mentioned before but went over to the Pillings marina in barrow today for the first time, very pleasant afternoon sipping a few pints out on the deck… 

Just seen some adverts for this, had no idea it existed. Glad to hear it was good as we fancy trying it for lunch. 

On 12/07/2022 at 16:42, Unabomber said:

Dos Hermanos - below Barceloneta - Queens Road - nice vibe - good beers 

• Like 2