Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scanchez

Nice pubs in Leicester

Not quite a pub question, but is there anywhere decent to eat in on Narborough Road? Last season we primarily did our evening matches, and had a meal in The Distillery. We'll be doing more League matches this year and looking to get lunch - sandwich/burger etc before meeting mates, who usually meet pre match in 9 Bar. Any decent cafes?

Just now, FoyleFox said:

Not quite a pub question, but is there anywhere decent to eat in on Narborough Road? Last season we primarily did our evening matches, and had a meal in The Distillery. We'll be doing more League matches this year and looking to get lunch - sandwich/burger etc before meeting mates, who usually meet pre match in 9 Bar. Any decent cafes?

Not been for a few years but cafe two ten is always popular down there.

• Thanks 1

On 12/07/2022 at 19:24, Samilktray said:

Queens road tap is decent, Real Ale Classroom is slightly off that route (not too far away) but is great for a beer 

And if you ask really nicely my son will serve you a beer!

On 26/07/2022 at 09:00, RonnieTodger said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/local-news/fancy-running-your-pub-11-7356741?fbclid=IwAR27ZjdWSrHnbGrNOi-jhOL4WFUf-BaGuf1hHn42IOH3OoXN5v1tGQPQqJ8

Not surprised to see my local (The Navigation) on there. Lovely spot that just needs a bit of TLC. 

The Navvy is literally a 10 min walk for me but I rarely ever go in. Ropey vibes. Didn't realise they didn't serve food anymore? Most of the gaff is set up as a restaurant isn't it? They used to basically be a restaurant when I was younger.

Anyway, could probably be a good boozer but imagine whoever takes over will turn it into another non-descript family gaff focusing on serving bog standard pub grub and not really giving a shit about being a pub.

You'll have to let me know what comes of it.

Edited by SecretPro

Went to Sommar this evening. Poor service, had to repeatedly explain what a 2/3 pint was to avoid getting a 1/2 pint. Stood mercilessly in front of the beer board, and not once would someone ask me if I wanted a taster or offered me any help. The beers were crap and I’ve now had to take out a loan to cover their payments.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SecretPro said:

The Navvy is literally a 10 min walk for me but I rarely ever go in. Ropey vibes. Didn't realise they didn't serve food anymore? Most of the gaff is set up as a restaurant isn't it? They used to basically be a restaurant when I was younger.

Anyway, could probably be a good boozer but imagine whoever takes over will turn it into another non-descript family gaff focusing on serving bog standard pub grub and not really giving a shit about being a pub.

You'll have to let me know what comes of it.

Yeah it’s about 10 minutes for me too. We only moved here last year, so I’ve never known it to serve food, but that “kitchen closed” sign has been up the whole time lol 

The landlord is a really nice guy and the regulars are fine but it’s got a lot of potential and just looks really run-down. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Completely off topic but anyone know any really good boozers that are convenient for Chelsea? 

Probably get a better quality of response in here

Anywhere near the ground is a not worth the bother. If you manage to get in they are all packed & will take an age to get served.

Couple of half decent pubs near Earls Court tube that are OK with away fans, otherwise pick an area of London that suits you & tube it to Fulham Broadway.