Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scanchez

Nice pubs in Leicester

6 hours ago, boots60 said:

Never had a problem myself,

Have seen a few disgruntled punters because they weren't allowed in to an already full pub.

I've always been allowed in. Helps I know a few of the former doormen granted. 

But I've literally been the 5th person in that place after a game and still been made to wait on the doorstep and then told which side of the bar to go to, to be severed. Oddest pub set up ever.

It's never been what I would call full in years and i started drinking in there in about 92 when I was 12. For at least the last 10 or 20 years it's been a shell of what it used to be on a matchday. Crying shame really. Especially with the Swan gone.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Bayfox said:

It's never been what I would call full in years and i started drinking in there in about 92 when I was 12. For at least the last 10 or 20 years it's been a shell of what it used to be on a matchday. Crying shame really. Especially with the Swan gone.

Which says a lot as it's actually one of the nearest proper pubs to the ground 

Any pub that has a good selection of real ales and continental lagers, (not your Carlsberg type shite), that has a good clientele, experienced landlords a pleasant atmosphere and no piped music. 

I haven't been to a city centre pub in years apart from a few stabbings and fights in my professional capacity. I hate the thought. Country pubs for me these days. The Rising Sun in Shackerstone is pretty good as is The Globe, Snarestone.

40 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

Went to the Wharf inn in Welford,just over the border in Northants today.A rare pub that does good food and decent ale.

Was there the other week during a break from a wedding at a farm up the road. Was well impressed with the beer selection and always love seeing a packed village pub on a Saturday evening.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Was there the other week during a break from a wedding at a farm up the road. Was well impressed with the beer selection and always love seeing a packed village pub on a Saturday evening.

From what i was told,they have 3 ales that are allways on(pedigree,bishops farewell and cant remember the other one)Then 3 guests.Food was great and not overpriced(came to 120 for seven of us)Would definately recomend if you are that way.

• Like 1