Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scanchez

Nice pubs in Leicester

20 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Taking a few Germans down the old man mile on Friday night. Ale Wagon, Royal Standard, Cherry Tree and The Salmon.

Doesn't The Fountain make the cut .😅

Randomly staggered in there once and Julian Joachim was drinking in there . Was certainly full of characters youngish and old .

Edited by los dedos

31 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Kids at twin lakes this evening so got a few hours to spare waiting for them. Any decent pubs nearby that do food?

Nearest pubs to Twin Lakes would be in Melton Town centre, or a drive out to local villages like Scalford or Waltham on the Wolds. There's the Round Corner Brewery in the livestock market, not sure what food is like there though.

• Like 1

I think you're trolling @Wymsey, but will give you the benefit of the doubt.

I've not lived in Leicester for about 10 years now, but The Rainbow and Dove used to be decent. As did a few other gay bars in the city.

Always a good atmosphere and believe it or not, you don't have men throwing themselves at you when you walk through the door lol

One of my favourite nights out in Leicester used to be Streetlife. Unreal success at pulling women in there too. Mainly because women went there to avoid dickheads in conventional nightclubs.

There's a couple of gay bars in Northampton that are alright too, we used to go in there after we finished work at a bar around the corner.

You don't have to be gay or bi. 

Go in there, I guarantee it'll be better than going to a Wetherspoons or Greene King.

Edited by tom27111

13 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I've not lived in Leicester for about 10 years now, but The Rainbow and Dove used to be decent. As did a few other gay bars in the city.

Always a good atmosphere and believe it or not, you don't have men throwing themselves at you when you walk through the door lol

One of my favourite nights out in Leicester used to be Streetlife. Unreal success at pulling women in there too. Mainly because women went there to avoid dickheads in conventional nightclubs.

There's a couple of gay bars in Northampton that are alright too, we used to go in there after we finished work at a bar around the corner.

Go in there, I guarantee it'll be better than going to a Wetherspoons or Greene King.

Please elaborate how?

I often see it going to the station and thought it looked smart on the outside.

Just wanted to see if anyone tried it themselves - just like with a couple of other bars I've mentioned previously in this thread which I haven't been to before that I wanted others' advice on.

(Thank you for the information on it, though.)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Please elaborate how?

Just wanted to see if anyone tried it themselves - just like with a couple of other bars I've mentioned previously in this thread which I haven't been to before that I wanted others' advice on.

I did say I'd give you the benefit of the doubt!  :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Please elaborate how?

And no offence mate, honestly thought it was a tongue in cheek question!

If you ever travel to Northampton, I can advise you on pubs there. 

Basically, none. Unless you go out to the villages, then there are some spectacular places!

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Yep, we used to go to Sreetlife for exactly this reason! Avoiding the dickheads, not to get pulled by Tom, just in case anyone was wondering lol

The Rainbow and Dove used to be ok too, I've not been in there for years. I wonder if they still sell poppers on the counter, or whatever it's called these days

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Yep, we used to go to Sreetlife for exactly this reason! Avoiding the dickheads, not to get pulled by Tom, just in case anyone was wondering lol

The Rainbow and Dove used to be ok too, I've not been in there for years. I wonder if they still sell poppers on the counter, or whatever it's called these days

Are you totally sure about this? ;)