Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scanchez

Nice pubs in Leicester

1 minute ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Yeah that pissed me off lol

They had an ale on I'd never tried before but what's the point when you're being served it in that? Just went for a standard Red Stripe in the end.

Some woman was proper kicking off at the bar about the measure of prosecco she'd been given too.

Still, just nice to see a pub back open in Leicester so hopefully it does well.

6 hours ago, OwnGoal said:

I was in the Brickies pre rugby last weekend and they were serving in glass not plastic. Must be a pure football thing. 

Probably "under police advice". You can't blame them if they've had trouble on match days or been told to do so by Plod.

10 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Any Camden/ Kentish Town recommendations lads?

Both of Voll's recommendations definitely, probably the most well-known in the area and both are also venues if you fancy a bit of music. The Elephant's Head is a proper old London boozer and just up the road. 

If you head down towards the lock, the Hawley Arms is decent and there's loads of places around there. 

Depends what you're after I suppose.

On 20/10/2022 at 10:45, walkerleeds said:

Any Camden/ Kentish Town recommendations lads?

Dublin Castle is good, if I’m ever going to the Electric Ballroom in Camden, always go for a few beers at The Good Mixer beforehand. 

• 1 month later...
55 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Little mid week crawl planned of The Western, Nine Bar, WEB and Old Horse. Might also try eating at the Turkish gaff on Bruany gate, always been an Istanbul man myself.

Was up for the first time since pre-pandemic on Friday. Went to the old haunts down Soar Point, Brauny Gate and Nine Bar. Glad Nine is still going strong.

Natterjack's is still a bit shit. The Metal Monocle was fun though. Last time I went there it was that weird laundromat bar. 

Ended up at some little jazz cocktail bar on the Narb near the Tesco. Goes to show how much it's changed... That place wouldn't have existed when I lived there. lol

2 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Was up for the first time since pre-pandemic on Friday. Went to the old haunts down Soar Point, Brauny Gate and Nine Bar. Glad Nine is still going strong.

Natterjack's is still a bit shit. The Metal Monocle was fun though. Last time I went there it was that weird laundromat bar. 

Ended up at some little jazz cocktail bar on the Narb near the Tesco. Goes to show how much it's changed... That place wouldn't have existed when I lived there. lol

Bit of an institution, must have a really loyal crowd. Not too many cool places for that late twenties into their thirties and beyond lot in Leicester.

4 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Bit of an institution, must have a really loyal crowd. Not too many cool places for that late twenties into their thirties and beyond lot in Leicester.

Shame Pi didn't make it. Used to spend a lot of time in there. Looked like it's now a coffee shop. 

Both legendary Narb boozers.