Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scanchez

Nice pubs in Leicester

40 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Any recommendations for Nottingham pubs? Not for Saturday but tomorrow. Done the Jerusalem place, before heading into Beeston. But staying central this time.

Yeah Keans Head is great, Vat and Fiddle near the station is decent and the King Billy in Sneinton just behind the arena (Fox and Grapes nearby too) is superb. All a bit proper pubby.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Yeah Keans Head is great, Vat and Fiddle near the station is decent and the King Billy in Sneinton just behind the arena (Fox and Grapes nearby too) is superb. All a bit proper pubby.

Thanks, appreciate it! I’m quite partisan with pubs, so don’t know Notts as well as other cities, but I’ll definitely give them a go if they’re proper pubby.

On 10/01/2023 at 13:52, westernpark said:

Any recommendations for Nottingham pubs? Not for Saturday but tomorrow. Done the Jerusalem place, before heading into Beeston. But staying central this time.

Between the King Billy and Fox and Grapes make sure you don't miss the Partizan Tavern, ran by a Notts County fan, Tony. Great selection of real ales and craft beers.

On 10/01/2023 at 15:20, Voll Blau said:

Coach & Horses in Kibworth has closed sue to energy costs. :(

A disaster this. So historic - Christ knows what's going to become of the building. 

That leaves the Swan which is a dreadful, dreadful pub and the Railway which is full of chavs. 

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Been to Nottingham this afternoon and, while the pubs were full, anyone who hand on heart says they'd rather spend a Saturday afternoon there over one in LE1 is cuckoo (emphasis on the first syllable). You either need to be under 23 (mentally or physically) or from the @Stadt-approved 'Goth Belt' to find it a fun city at that time of that day.

Did see a gig poster which featured the handsome @BenTheFox staring back at me in the one bar I enjoyed though, which was pleasant.

Very "a cheer went up from the waiting voters", but my missus genuinely asked if we could go to Leicester again next time we have a spontaneous afternoon out away from where we live.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Been to Nottingham this afternoon and, while the pubs were full, anyone who hand on heart says they'd rather spend a Saturday afternoon there over one in LE1 is cuckoo (emphasis on the first syllable). You either need to be under 23 (mentally or physically) or from the @Stadt-approved 'Goth Belt' to find it a fun city at that time of that day.

Did see a gig poster which featured the handsome @BenTheFox staring back at me in the one bar I enjoyed though, which was pleasant.

Very "a cheer went up from the waiting voters", but my missus genuinely asked if we could go to Leicester again next time we have a spontaneous afternoon out away from where we live.

I went on a Wednesday a few weeks back and thought it deserved a mention for the fact it was busy, which wouldn’t be the case in Leicester. Where did you go?

11 hours ago, westernpark said:

I went on a Wednesday a few weeks back and thought it deserved a mention for the fact it was busy, which wouldn’t be the case in Leicester. Where did you go?

Yeah, and that's fair enough. I'm jealous of that and wish Leicester's good boozers were as well supported.

Went to Lillie Langtry's (decent beer for a Stonegate gaff but too many twats knocking about), then wandered past a few I'd previously been in that just looked full of absolute helmets. Walked in the Pit & Pendulum (another Stonegate - missus works for them and can get big discounts in January) which was full of braying goths snorting at each other's moronic banter. Being tapped on the shoulder at the bar and told "there's a queue you know" was the clincher as it seemed the kind of gaff where I wasn't gonna win that argument, so we went to the Bodega where there was a decent bottle selection. The Thornbridge chocolate orange stout on tap was nice.

Edited by Voll Blau

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Bodega? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Yeah, and that's fair enough. I'm jealous of that and wish Leicester's good boozers wrecks well supported.

Went to Lillie Langtry's (decent beer for a Stonegate gaff but too many twats knocking about), then wandered past a few I'd previously been in that just looked full of absolute helmets. Walked in the Pit & Pendulum (another Stonegate - missus works for them and can get big discounts in January) which was full of braying goths snorting at each other's moronic banter. Being tapped on the shoulder at the bar and told "there's a queue you know" was the clincher as it seemed the kind of gaff where I wasn't gonna win that argument, so we went to the Bodega where there was a decent bottle selection. The Thornbridge chocolate orange stout on tap was nice.

Always thought the pitcher and the piano has a nice vibe.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...