Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scanchez

Nice pubs in Leicester

1 minute ago, Lako42 said:

Really suffering on a matchday since the WEB closed. 

Nowhere coming anywhere near

How about that new bar at the Holiday Inn (next to the stadium)?

Edited by Wymsey

1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

Blue Boar or TTL not your scene? Appreciate they're more in town if you're coming from west.

It's looking like the future tbh. As you say it's not ideal heading into town but needs must. 

I fancy trying the Brew Dog stout Black Heart so might venture there on sat. I don't usually frequent BD though. 

Just now, Lako42 said:

It's looking like the future tbh. As you say it's not ideal heading into town but needs must. 

I fancy trying the Brew Dog stout Black Heart so might venture there on sat. I don't usually frequent BD though. 

I don’t know anyone who frequents either the BD in Leicester or Sheffield. I wonder if they have had their day.

18 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

How about that new bar at the Holiday Inn (next to the stadium)?

15 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Drinking Carling out of a plastic cup is about the opposite of what I'm looking for lol

Highlights what im saying though

Due to a power cut at our normal bar, a few weeks back. We went in the bar at the Holiday Inn and the 1884 bar. Worst two pints I've ever had in my life. Weak, flat and in a plastic glass. And about £6 no doubt.

15 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I don’t know anyone who frequents either the BD in Leicester or Sheffield. I wonder if they have had their day.

The Leicester one's always felt like a really odd gaff on the rare occasion I've been in. Went there for the comedy festival last year and it was busy enough on a Saturday night, but still had a really unfriendly vibe.

That said, if it's driving footfall to the Old Town and to the other decent pubs nearby (if the Brewdog edgelords aren't too snobby to try them because some of them sell MAINSTREAM LAGERS :schlupp:) then I guess that's a good thing.

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

The Leicester one is always empty. Cool places but they have never really taken off outside of London where they always appear to be rammed.

14 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I love the Cherry Tree, Bass in there is genuinely one of the best pints in Leicester.

Was really pleased the refurb was tasteful. The old school pumps are cracking and a jukebox is a good pub staple 

2 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Don’t bother imo. Brewdog is useless now 

4 minutes ago, Manini said:

My dad ****ing loves the ale wagon. He was in there and he complained that a pint was horrible to the bloke behind the bar and he replied with “it’s not horrible, it’s just not to your taste” and the next time he went in he got an apology off the same bloke because the lines hadn’t been done and that’s now his favourite story to tell every time you step in to a boozer with him. 

I'm sure you love hearing it just as much you did the very first time...

4 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I'm sure you love hearing it just as much you did the very first time...

So much so I’m now telling the story for him! Do egg him on though so you get that “oh ffs not this again” off my mum when he starts winding up to come out with it. 

• Haha 1