Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scanchez

Nice pubs in Leicester

Just now, Stadt said:

Yeah this is also important. Wigston is the only suburb with a station and even that isn't located optimally. 

There's no way somebody from say Coalville could go into town midweek for a beer without driving or getting a £40 taxi. A bus takes the test part of an hour

Last buses being around 9.00pm too.

Syston, Sileby and Barrow are connected to Leicester by train but that trainline is every hour and unreliable. There's also good pub options in those villages.

In the shire itself Mountsorrel has got to be the best pub place per capita. 

Edited by Chris_OGrady
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I'm 12stone with hair and it doesn't bother me, I'm the bravest

i'm not claiming i'm brave, i'm just saying they'll be more easy targets than me, and for them it ain't a nice part of town to be in and can be intimidating

29 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

I think Leicester has some good pubs but they are very spread out so no scene exists on a certain area. 

Also no ****er seems to use them and since my time at Uni there the students have turned into complete bores. 

Students have always been complete bores, but now they are complete bores sat in their student accommodation on their devices and not so much out in the big wide world.

1 hour ago, boots60 said:

Students have always been complete bores, but now they are complete bores sat in their student accommodation on their devices and not so much out in the big wide world.

A lot of 18-25yr olds don't drink either, and certainly won't be interested in some local brewery special at an ''old mans pub''. Hence the declne

3 hours ago, Tommy G said:

A lot of 18-25yr olds don't drink either, and certainly won't be interested in some local brewery special at an ''old mans pub''. Hence the declne

The health conscious nature of students now is a fair point – I'm not sure what the latter has to do with anything, though. The market isn't really dominated by "local breweries in "old man's pubs,"" I doubt there are swathes of students who want to go out but simply can't because they struggle to find a Madri in a "modern" pub/bar.

4 hours ago, Chris_OGrady said:

Also you have **** all money as a student so more likely to be drinking crates of Stella in Halls than paying £6.50 for an IPA in a nice pub. 

I did the 100 club at a Black Country Ales pub in my student days, there are no excuses.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

The health conscious nature of students now is a fair point – I'm not sure what the latter has to do with anything, though. The market isn't really dominated by "local breweries in "old man's pubs,"" I doubt there are swathes of students who want to go out but simply can't because they struggle to find a Madri in a "modern" pub/bar.

My point is they would rather drink at the student union or R bar than go to a decent boozer that they would consider to be an “old man’s pub”

On 11/09/2024 at 11:34, Stadt said:

plus the university drinking scene is pretty dead in town.

Particularly DMU, the students aren't WB with the student culture that goes with it.

DMU is super popular with Londoners from black African backgrounds (and of course Indians on dodgy student visas but really just doing deliveroo 24/7)  

Leicester Uni is super popular with Chinese - again, hardly your classic student boozing types 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Didn't bev but went to the Blue Bell in Hoby for the old boy's birthday today, lovely little gaff – had a pie bigger than Ant MacPartlins forehead

One of the best Everard’s pubs there is.