Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Time added on - it's becoming a joke

Said it before but Pawson is a joke. Up there with the worst referees in the league.

But that said, today was a disgrace. 1 min extra time and then he blows while we’re attacking with the ball. **** 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

The message is loud and clear, you may as well cheat and kill time as it will not be adequately added on. Giroud down on ground genuine or not was followed later by by incidents of players virtually refusing to return the ball to play at throw ins and goal kicks, free kicks occuring with defenders allowed the time to set up, a substitution and still just one minute added. There never is much opportunity for any football once you go behind in extra time but the rules should favour the side who aren't afraid of the ball being in play.

If you just sit on the floor you can just stop the game. It’s so wrong. And it’s always the same teams that do it.

• Like 2

Stitch up, after they scored the ref spent most of his time pointing at his watch because of their time wasting, then blows at exactly 1 minute. FA need the big clubs in the semis. I’ve also noticed just lately that teams can almost stop the game at 87 minutes because they’ve sussed that is when the officials decide how much injury time is to be played so they can get the board ready and pass the info to the tv channels. 

Edited by yorkie1999
  • Like 2

Extra time - they didn’t want to delay the tv schedule any longer than necessary with pens !  

We would have done exactly the same if it had been the other way around. We had 120 mins (less the time wasting ) to score two. (Or make fewer mistakes) 

Swings and roundabouts I’m afraid. 

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

Grey sub, giroud down for about 2 minutes, pawson tapped his watch three times over moses timewasting... how the actual **** has he come to one minute rather than the three/four it should have been?

This. Still raging now. 

Glad someone bumped this thread. Was going to come on and rage in here but others have done it well. It's basically letting teams know "you can time waste and we don't care"

Today it was almost beyond belief. Actually no... It was beyond belief.

At one point I actually thought the game could have been a contender for "record added on time of the season" and it was almost the opposite. The people that say "why play more time than necessary?" for example - at 90mins when it looked destined to go to extra time....well, there's a multi billion industry with people betting on corners, throwings ....and most ironically the amount of time added on... :claude:Yes you can bet on it. A complete shambles by the officials today. 

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 1

On 27/01/2018 at 14:29, adam said:

I agree. Bout time the clock was stopped as these refs clearly cant cope with working out how many minutes added time there should be. 

this 100%.

stop the ****ing clock when the ball is out of play and time wasting and bullshit extra time will disappear for good and good ****ing riddance. 

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Said it before but Pawson is a joke. Up there with the worst referees in the league.

But that said, today was a disgrace. 1 min extra time and then he blows while we’re attacking with the ball. **** 

On half time, Kante poleaxed one of our players and the ref blew up! It wasn't even before the whistle! The ref chose to ignore it pure and simple.

• Like 1

I was at the Notts County / Mansfield yesterday with a Mansfield mate. Second half probably the usual four / five mins added time at best.

The referee stunned both sets of fans with SEVEN minutes, then allowed Mansfield to equalise in the NINTH minute and played about 11! Today, I thought three minutes at the end of extra time, with the subs coming on, the Frog play acting and the referee regularly pointing to his watch. He plays one minute - There is no rhyme or reason or consistency. 

Pawson was frankly a disgrace today, basically lying to all supporters as he didn't add on one second for the blatant time wasting. He could have easily played another 10 seconds to allow the final cross to come in (probably not come to anything)  - but he blew up knowing he would be inciting the crowd. 

I know we played poorly for the majority of the game with passing, crossing, decision making all falling well short, but we didn't deserve to be short changed by the officials. 

I said to my mate on the way out the London clubs will be kept apart. 

Think football in this country needs an entire overhaul, particularly referres who appear fire proof. 

7 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

At the end of the day if the referee gave us an extra 2 more minutes to try and score, we probably wouldn't have, but at least give us a chance....

Most frustrating thing is that ultimately it’s the referees job to make it a fair game, chelsea were given an unfair advantage by allowing and not punishing time wasting. Which was acknowledged by Pawson that it was going on, just he did **** all about it bar point at his watch. 

The more I think about it the more angry I get, he effectively lied to the Leicester players and fans.

Edited by TheUltimateWinner