Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Time added on - it's becoming a joke

Yesterday pushed forward the argument on here that we should have 30 minute halves and stop the clock when the ball goes out of play or a player goes down. One minute at the end of a tight match with substitutions, players down and time wasting was baffling and leaves no flexibility.

I don't think we would've scored but that isn't the main point, fans are being short changed with the amount of game time we have.

• Like 2

There was two substitutions in the second period of extra time, if I'm correct one substitution means 30 seconds of added time, so that means there was a minute alone from substitutions, not taking to account whenever played was stopped for well over a minute with Giroud down and Chelsea taking ages to take any free kicks, goalkicks or throw ins. 

I don't understand how the forth official can put up the extra time board while the game is stopped and a player is receiving treatment.  The officials are just soooo crap.

The lino in front of b3 was behind the game and doesn't flag for incidents right in front if him  ... .basically he is too small 

Edited by foxinsocks

It was ****ing laughable. 99/100 we wouldnt have scored anyway, but the fact he didn't even let Gray put the cross in. You had the subs, Giroud going down, them farting about and the bit when Okazaki got caught offside, placed the ball down and then between Cahill and Caballero ****ing about it with it, they wasted another minute. 

If Moses wasn't already on a yellow, the ref would've booked him. Spineless twat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Yesterday pushed forward the argument on here that we should have 30 minute halves and stop the clock when the ball goes out of play or a player goes down. One minute at the end of a tight match with substitutions, players down and time wasting was baffling and leaves no flexibility.

I don't think we would've scored but that isn't the main point, fans are being short changed with the amount of game time we have.

Gab Marcotti I think it was who suggested this. Yesterday was a joke, the ref spent more time pointing to his watch than the ball was in play, yet we got one added minute lol.

6 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

It was ****ing laughable. 99/100 we wouldnt have scored anyway, but the fact he didn't even let Gray put the cross in. You had the subs, Giroud going down, them farting about and the bit when Okazaki got caught offside, placed the ball down and then between Cahill and Caballero ****ing about it with it, they wasted another minute. 

If Moses wasn't already on a yellow, the ref would've booked him. Spineless twat.

The ref was never going to book someone for time wasting, they never do. They will however book you after the final whistle for calling them out for not punishing timewasting which is what happened yesterday. 

9 minutes ago, davieG said:

In the 2nd half of the Liverpool / Watford game there was 3 goals and 5 subs = 2 mins added time?

Apparently, from hearing from another supporter in the past, the rule is long the lines of this.

1 yellow card - 30 seconds added.

1 red card - 1 minute added.

Injury on pitch - for how long the affected player has been treated for on the pitch, and doesn't include the duration after this when the referee instructs them to leave the pitch and the time the player takes to go off-play.

Guest MarshallForEngland

Also what happened to the six second rule for keepers holding the ball? I know it's not been enforced for years, but sometimes it's outrageous and I can't understand why it's just accepted now. When a team is protecting a lead it's always the same. Keeper collects a cross from a standing position, brings the ball into his chest and goes to the floor (with no physical reason to do so), gets up slowly and walks around, bounces the ball a few times, feigns interest in one or two options but retains the ball at the last second, bounces the ball again and then wallops it or drops it at his feet and wallops it. They hold onto it for 15 seconds, even more sometimes. Either get rid of the rule or start enforcing it. 

Let’s be honest if it was the other way round and we were winning we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

What was more annoying was the lack of urgency in getting the ball into the box during the last play of extra time. Diabate passing to Morgan, Morgan passing to Gray. We wouldn’t have got anything from it but we should have been launching it into the box.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Time wasting is certainly not being accounted for. I lost count of the number of times the ref directed their keeper to kick the ball, not once did he caution him though.

It made me think that 10 second rule should be introduced for goal kicks and players being substituted.

Something needs to change. I think the sooner they bring in stopping the clock for injuries etc the better! 

The price of watching football is always rising but you seem to actually watch less than ever before with all the constant diving and time wasting. 

Because I'm a pedantic twat I counted how long the keeper had the ball in his hands in extra time yesterday and it was well over 40 seconds from just two occasions. That isn't the reason why we lost but it's frustrating that even in added time the ball isn't really 'in play'.

Edited by Wookie

Free kicks involving that bloody spraycan normally take at least a minute to be organised these days. The time never gets added on though.

And as for all the players trotting off to the touch line and having a drink and a chat when a player is getting treatment for an injury, what's all that about? I timed one such stoppage yesterday at 90 seconds.

And VAR will make things far far worse.

Just get on with the game ffs.

• 3 weeks later...