Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

FA cup 5th round sweepstake.

22 hours ago, Bilo said:

Just ran a little simulation as ever.

Match 1 : Hull City vs Manchester United

Match 2 : Notts County/Swansea vs Wigan Athletic

Match 3 : Sheffield United vs Huddersfield/Birmingham

Match 4 : West Bromwich Albion vs Leicester City

Match 5 : Southampton vs Sheffield Wednesday

Match 6 : Coventry City vs Chelsea

Match 7 : Millwall/Rochdale vs Newport/Tottenham

Match 8 : Brighton & Hove Albion vs Cardiff/Manchester City

I can't be the only one who wouldn't be that angry with that. It's a great away day, it's winnable and we'd take 5k+.

Although there is better. We'd just have to absolutely make sure we won at their place because we never, ever beat West Brom at home.

21 hours ago, Gerard said:

Dream Draw:

Match 1:  Manchester United vs Cardiff/Manchester City

Match 2 : Newport/Tottenham vs Chelsea

Match 3 : Sheffield United vs Huddersfield/Birmingham

Match 4 : Notts County/Swansea vs West Bromwich Albion 

Match 5 : Wigan Athletic vs Sheffield Wednesday

Match 6 : Leicester City vs Coventry City

Match 7 : Millwall/Rochdale vs Hull City

Match 8 : Brighton & Hove Albion vs Southampton

That draw really does make it look favourable for us. So few sides I really fear in there.

The Manchester sides obviously you want to avoid. Praying they get each other.

Chelsea would be favourites against us, but I don't think it's an impossible tie. All isn't well there.

Tottenham I think would beat us.

I make us 5th favourites out of 16.

4 minutes ago, TheRealWalshy5 said:

Why is everyone saying this? It's a wicked atmosphere and both sets of fans get going!!

It's in the middle of nowhere - the train is a nightmare from Leicester (change at Nuneaton and then its a bus to the ground) and you'd better drinking in Bedworth than Cov. Parking is also a nightmare as soon as there's a big crowd there. 

1 hour ago, TheRealWalshy5 said:

Why is everyone saying this? It's a wicked atmosphere and both sets of fans get going!!

It’s just annoying as it’s in the middle of nowhere. Last time I parked and had to walk about half an hour.

Highfield Road was a superior and proper football ground but actually close to the City Centre. 

But for everyone being up for it - them and us - then that I’d be up for it for that reason.

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It's in the middle of nowhere - the train is a nightmare from Leicester (change at Nuneaton and then its a bus to the ground) and you'd better drinking in Bedworth than Cov. Parking is also a nightmare as soon as there's a big crowd there. 

T

8 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

It’s just annoying as it’s in the middle of nowhere. Last time I parked and had to walk about half an hour.

Highfield Road was a superior and proper football ground but actually close to the City Centre. 

But for everyone being up for it - them and us - then that I’d be up for it for that reason.

True, totally forgot about the commuting side of things as i live in Leamington Spa (down the road)

Repeat of the previous rounds for me. Lower league opposition. At home or on the road, I'm not fussed but we are well overdue a home FA Cup tie that isn't a replay.

As many all Premier League draws as possible for the remaining fixtures. If two or more of City/United/Chelsea/Spurs get drawn together, I'd be delighted. West Brom scalping Liverpool lightens the load a bit but more all Premier League draws is most welcome. 

I don't want Cov away for the following reasons.

1) I don't consider them our rivals.
2) We'd take thousands, but thousands of quiet fans as at every other time at that shithole.
3) No pubs anywhere near it and, even with a trip to the city, Coventry makes Leicester look like St. Tropez.
4) League Two side away on a pitch used by a rugby club in February as we play our reserves? Terrible game of football awaits. 

Coventry away is always a letdown and shows me why I've only ever considered Forest and Derby as rivals. 

• Like 1