Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

Sky report lots of things with their inside knowledge, Clinton winning the US elections, remaining in the EU and the Tories romping the last election. If he goes this window trust the club to do what is right for Leicester City, don't shed a tear for Mr Mahrez fantastic player that he is, he is hardly on the breadline with his contract at Leicester. His Agent/Agents however have a lottery winning ticket that needs cashing today and you have to question if they are doing what is right for Riyad or what is right for them because believe you me with the talent Man City have he won't get 3 or 4 games if he is off his performances levels to keep a starting 11 spot and you fall down the pecking order at the Etihad and it is a bloody long way back, depends how much football he wants to play

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

No smoke without fire clearly, but they run it up and up, talking about it constantly with little actual proof that anything has happened. Then right beside the 'gossip' column there's an advert taking bets.

Yeah transfer deadline day is a farce to be honest. Just regurgitating the same information every twenty minutes. 

6 hours ago, Gerard said:

That's an absurd statement.

I couldn't give two hoots what a buying club value him at, we also determine the price. If you're selling your house and have no offers for six months do you then take a 50% offer because it's the only offer you've had?

If we genuinely value Mahrez at £90m and the offer is £55m then he doesn't get sold. I suppose you were advocating selling him to Roma six months a go for £30m as that was the only offer we had and that hasn't worked out well for you has it?

Do you have a house on a Contract?

Does your houses attitude determine its value. 

What’s to say he doesn’t get sold, then does a Payet.

Then in the summer only attracts offers of 25m to 30m turning down 60m hasn’t worked out well has it.

3 hours ago, Fennec-Fox said:

Mancity fans don't really want him... they say: "we don't need him, ..  too inconsistent and doesn't take his defensive duties.. we don't need him we have enough young talented players, save the money"... So I say stop dreaming about 80s and 100sM lollollol

The only positive about him going is that he’ll take you and your ilk with him. 

1 hour ago, Colourmy said:

I don't remember seeing my name anywhere on Companies House in relation to the ownership of the club?

So from that, I deduce that it isn't anymore mine or our club than Fennec-Fox's club!

We’ll still be here long after the owners have moved on. 

A club is nothing without its supporters - of course it’s our club. 

3 minutes ago, narboroughblue said:

Jim White on talkSPORT just claimed between £55 and £60m will get him. What a load of rubbish, or at least it better be. 

About right I think. It's time to cash in on him. Let him either take his game up a level, or fester as a sub. 

If we have put a 50m price tag on him 6 months ago, let's not get all silly and moan that no one is offering 90m.

37 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Get it into your head that working at Gregg and playing professional football are different world's. 

If I'm being paid a good wage at Greggs then  no i wouldn't move for money to watch people make sandwiches 

But if subway came along and you had the chance to become a sandwich artist, the dream would take you there and the money would just be a bonus as Greggs were already paying you more than you could spend.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

No smoke without fire clearly, but they run it up and up, talking about it constantly with little actual proof that anything has happened. Then right beside the 'gossip' column there's an advert taking bets.

skybet are one of the few who let you back the other side, though. obviously they have their margins so they’re happy to drum up any business but for all the people who think “they shorten the odds so you bet on it so they win money”, they shorten once price, they have to drift all the others. 

1 minute ago, gw_leics772 said:

But if subway came along and you had the chance to become a sandwich artist, the dream would take you there and the money would just be a bonus as Greggs were already paying you more than you could spend.

Deffo stay at Greggs and take the minimum wage

1 minute ago, Colourmy said:

About right I think. It's time to cash in on him. Let him either take his game up a level, or fester as a sub. 

If we have put a 50m price tag on him 6 months ago, let's not get all silly and moan that no one is offering 90m.

Won’t be happy but I bet he goes for 60M which is 25M short of what I think he’s worth. 

48 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Because the world of football is completely different. Even if I was head hunted the process is very different. Such as there wouldn't be a multi million pound transfer fee. It's not comparable to swapping jobs in the real world. 

But to continue the anology 

I wouldn't be offered a job at the fancy sandwich shop because they're first choice sandwich maker was off sick for a few weeks. I certainly wouldn't move to watch him make sandwiches when he came back whilst not being able to make the sandwiches which I apparently so love making. I'd stay at greggs. 

Or you'e confident in your skills and decide to take your chance. Life's always a bit of a gamble and you can't always play safe if you want to go up.

That said and IF the transfer succeeds (which I don't want), his real target would be Sterling, not Sané. No matter how good Sterling is doing, credit to Guardiola (*shrug*), he doesn't have half of Riyad's skills or footballing brain. Should he show consistency he'd be a starter at the end of the season.

9 minutes ago, narboroughblue said:

Jim White on talkSPORT just claimed between £55 and £60m will get him. What a load of rubbish, or at least it better be. 

Weren't there claims yesterday that we had already rejected £55m and £59m? For 'most connected man in sport', read absolute chancer.

6 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

I'd rather continue my dream of actually making sandwiches than sitting in reserve waiting to make sandwiches 

3 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Or you'e confident in your skills and decide to take your chance. Life's always a bit of a gamble and you can't always play safe if you want to go up.

That said and IF the transfer succeeds (which I don't want), his real target would be Sterling, not Sané. No matter how good Sterling is doing, credit to Guardiola (*shrug*), he doesn't have half of Riyad's skills or footballing brain. Should he show consistency he'd be a starter at the end of the season.

If it is a case of him becoming a first team player in place of sterling then I don't think the money we're asking for is unreasonable to be honest. 

18 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Hope we hold out. They’ve already affected us by him not playing tonight and that alone could cost us. We don’t have a replacement and with him we could get 6th, without him we won’t.

Nope we won't. 7th is the highest we can achieve this season.