Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

8 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

They do seem to know very precise details.

Not many staff would be travelling to an away game, so the amount of people that could leak such a story is small.

Not been present at training, not on coach to everton, and players been upset over it, pretty precise info.

If i was a player like Jamie Vardy, i'd be  texting sky, winding them up and taking the piss. What else do you do when sitting in a hotel room.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

70 million is a joke of a fee.

I think you havent even read my posts explaining why, because if you did you would realise it would be poor value for us.

Getting relegated costs even for just one season down around 80 million.

Merit payments from 17th to 7th circa 20 million revenue, for one single season.

Our owners run a multi billion dollar business.

We are the 14th richest club in the world (based on clubs own income).

We play in the richest league in the world.

Its 2018 not 1990, outgoing transfer fees dont rule our transfer budget. I think we struggling to even spend what existing budget we have.  Its hard to get in high quality players who want to play for your club, especially at a reasonable price.

How does this 70million help LCFC?

think i read your post before and upvoted it.

like i said, it's for the long run. we are not getting relegated this season and puel is building a great team.

we need to try and have 2,3,4 or even 5 other players like mahrez. paint the picture of the "nice" and "easy going" board so the young talents would choose us over southampton, chelsea and maybe spurs.

rome wasn't built in a day, first we overlap southampton, than everton and then spurs. try and make the club as desirable as possible

13 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Yeah I’d take £70m now tbh and be done with it. Don’t need the circus every window

On the flip side to your arguement selling him too cheap would set a precedent that we are pushovers and therefore we’d continue to be lowballed for our players. I think our owners have been fair. He shouldn’t have signed the deal if he had qualms about honouring it

Totally this. We can't have players thinking they can kick off the day before the window closes and we'll just bend to their whim. It's not just about precedent either, it's principle. If the players are pissed off they're going to be even more miffed if he actually gets his way and some of them might think they can do the same in future.

I think we should hang on to him at all costs today and if he doesn't want to play ball (literally) then leave him in the reserves for 4 months. Then keep reminding him if another club really wanted him they'd put in a much better offer and they wouldn't leave it until the last minute. Even if this is purely to make a point, so be it.

We can spend the next few months stepping up our scouting to find a 'replacement', and strengthen the squad in general. When we're prepared, and only when we're prepared, he can go. But this last minute throwing a wobbly stuff on deadline day can't be allowed to happen.

Edited by Kitchandro
  • Like 1

I'd take £70m now.

It's decent money for him and it gets this whole sorry saga over. My guess is that this may well impact his form if he doesn't get sold and I think we probably aren't likely to get much more than that in summer anyway unless he plays his socks off.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Kinda strange that despite him being one of the best players in the premiership and desperately wanting to leave that top clubs with huge wealth cant fork up 80-90m when they'll happy to pay more than that for untested premiership players.

As brilliant as he is, maybe his value in the game is reduced by the apparent sulks and twice trying to manipulate a cheaper move (for the buyer) by handing in a last minute transfer request.

If he hadn't signed what to Leicester City is a huge contract, he could have had his pick of destinations.

6 minutes ago, the fox said:

think i read your post before and upvoted it.

like i said, it's for the long run. we are not getting relegated this season and puel is building a great team.

we need to try and have 2,3,4 or even 5 other players like mahrez. paint the picture of the "nice" and "easy going" board so the young talents would choose us over southampton, chelsea and maybe spurs.

rome wasn't built in a day, first we overlap southampton, than everton and then spurs. try and make the club as desirable as possible

I’m not asking this in an insulting way but if Mahrez and Slimani leave are you sticking around. Was it them that got you interested in City?

i know you’ve probably answered this before. You strike me as someone that has affection for the club

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

I personally don't mind.

Things could really get ugly though.

The way we are being treated is like asking Us to bend over and take whatever comes without lube, disgusting and painful. £100 million or he can rot in the reserves until the summer for me

Edited by Bob Weasel Fox
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

The way we are being treated is like asking Us to bend over and take whatever comes without lube, disgusting and painful. £100 million or he can rot in the reserves until the summer for me

Don't worry, It's not real, it's not even real money.

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

I’m not asking this in an insulting way but if Mahrez and Slimani leave are you sticking around. Was it them that got you interested in City?

it's not actually an insulting question, it was a pretty fair question if you ask me.

i have been a member her for more than 2 years (before slim) and i didn't hide the fact mahrez is the one who allowed me to watch the club. i'm sticking around here, it's not just football anymore, you can find me in the general discussion thread a lot going on and on and arguing about something. i spend alot of time here and it isn't just about mahrez or football

did you know when i know i was sure i'm a leicester fan? it was when the barca and real madrid game was on and i as watching an away game on our bad run last season against sunderland (iirc)

if last season's bad footballl didn't stop me, nothing can lol

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, smr said:

SSN: Leicester players upset (some) with Riyad re timing of this.

2pm: Leicester players are reportedly fuming at Riyad Mahrez after he handed in a transfer request at the club.

Sky Sports News presenter Natalie Sawyer revealed how his transfer approach has angered his Leicester team-mates.

“Just getting some information about the Riyad Mahrez situation,” Sawyer said.

“We’re understanding that a number of the Leicester players are angry and feel let down by him with the fact that he has had to put in this second transfer request."

1 minute ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Yeah, but nobody wins in this case, so it's really unlikely to happen.

From an objective point of I wish he would understood that he never really was their priority and wait for the summer whilst maintaining his performances. Bids would have come one way or another.

On the other side, UCL, PL, Guardiola... That's enough to motivate a move. Especially if he thinks he has a chance to force his way there (and he has one named Sterling).

I personally blame MTV.

4 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

75m would be my accept value.

His contract expires in 2020 I think?

When you get less than two years it becomes a worry after this summer.

Don't want a Sanchez situation on your hands.

Well actually we do!

57 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

I get the impression that Dennis wise is liking us losing our best player, smug little bastard, don’t think he likes us after his time here, and the controversy 

All I know is he talks strange, like he's been learning to speak different for TV but it's obvious he's trying too hard

23 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

They do seem to know very precise details.

Not many staff would be travelling to an away game, so the amount of people that could leak such a story is small.

Not been present at training, not on coach to everton, and players been upset over it, pretty precise info.

Not that precise, you could make make a guess that the above applies to almost any player who may be moving today.

2 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

If he doesn't leave, bet players will be very delighted (despite their current feeling now).

it's just the heat of the moment (if that was true, and it's a big IF). if they can look past what drinky did, i'm sure that they can do the same for riyad