Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

38 minutes ago, reynard said:

You seriously don't think we need a replacement? Just look at how many of our goals he has been involved in this season. We have so little creativity without him. He's the difference between us being above average and struggling in the lower half of the table.

You dont replace such players...Manu..Ronaldo, L'pool.Sanchez, life of brian..jesus,..Anyteam...losing quality player, City..Kante.

We will have the funds, but that Mahrez type of player, aint readily available, in fact when we plucked out Mahrez from the

fields of France...he wasnt 'Mahrez'  of today.

Just now, RumbleFox said:

If someone is headhunted then sometimes the company may have to pay compensation.  I know it is not exactly the same, I just think it's the closest we can get to understanding it.  Us normal folk. X

Thats fair enough. And in this market 50 million is just not enough.

I find it odd that people would let him go now for that sum when Van Dijk was refused his transfer to Liverpool for the first half of the season.  I expect us to have the same pride and chargé the extortionate fee which is appropriate or not sell

9 hours ago, adam said:

Im completely finished with him he didnt turn up today. Really am. Get him moved on if we can get a decent fee for him. Sick and tired of this shit every window.  He isn't good enough for a top side 4 and will get found out pretty quickly

Wahahahaaaa wipe your fanny, adam

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

:o:( the scariest roller coaster I've ever been on, you never knew if it was going to complete each bend it hit. lol 

Agreed! I went on that first as a 'warm-up' for the bigger rides on my first visit as it looked fairly tame from the outside... how wrong I was!  

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, adam said:

Im completely finished with him he didnt turn up today. Really am. Get him moved on if we can get a decent fee for him. Sick and tired of this shit every window.  He isn't good enough for a top side 4 and will get found out pretty quickly

??? 

We don't even know if he actually has handed in a transfer request. Could be BS.

In the beginning of the month, reports claimed that he was going to Liverpool the next day for a medical whilst he was in Dubai with his family. 

Don't believe everything you read.

2 hours ago, Fennec-Fox said:

Mancity fans don't really want him... they say: "we don't need him, ..  too inconsistent and doesn't take his defensive duties.. we don't need him we have enough young talented players, save the money"... So I say stop dreaming about 80s and 100sM lollollol

I'd take logic and coherent argumentation ain't your forte.

Melt.

5 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Because the world of football is completely different. Even if I was head hunted the process is very different. Such as there wouldn't be a multi million pound transfer fee. It's not comparable to swapping jobs in the real world. 

But to continue the anology 

I wouldn't be offered a job at the fancy sandwich shop because they're first choice sandwich maker was off sick for a few weeks. I certainly wouldn't move to watch him make sandwiches when he came back whilst not being able to make the sandwiches which I apparently so love making. I'd stay at greggs. 

You would if you double your salary at said sandwich shop.

A lot of people have a job they love, but when it comes to money only about 5% of people wouldn't be money motivated - especially the levels we are talking, life changing amounts. Maybe if you work as a volunteer or the green party you have different beliefs!!

Get it into your head that Mahrez probably hadn't even heard of Leicester until about 5 years ago! We have been fans and worship LCFC all our lives, its a different thing. We'll all be gutted but thats football whether we feel cheated or not. 

9 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I have no problem with him leaving to an elite club, and whatever you think of them, Man City are. I’d wish him all the best. 

Problem here is the timing. We can’t replace him so it needs to be a huge bid. Quite surreal thinking £50m is nothing but that’s where we are. 

Also so wish he would conduct himself professionally with all this transfer request shit. 

Has he conducted himself unprofessionally? He didn't go public, and this transfer request sounds fishy, only one person is reporting it.

14 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

**** relevant. Entertain me wordsmith.

I get what you are saying.

I also don't blame riyad.

He's made his position clear. It' just an unfortunate development. 

I now hope we can come to an agreement and end this.

Long live diabate and Gray.

Exactly, lets now see if a sugar condition and a colour scheme, can slowly develope and create

their own virus for the PL, and become our new legends off the block

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Guybino said:

whats a "contract"?

A contract is a written agreement between a person and his/her said employer and can only be broken if the employee manages to bake and shift 100 sausage rolls and pasties in an hour thus allowing the employee to move to fortnum and mason........

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

You would if you double your salary at said sandwich shop.

A lot of people have a job they love, but when it comes to money only about 5% of people wouldn't be money motivated - especially the levels we are talking, life changing amounts. Maybe if you work as a volunteer or the green party you have different beliefs!!

Get it into your head that Mahrez probably hadn't even heard of Leicester until about 5 years ago! We have been fans and worship LCFC all our lives, its a different thing. We'll all be gutted but thats football whether we feel cheated or not. 

Get it into your head that working at Gregg and playing professional football are different world's. 

If I'm being paid a good wage at Greggs then  no i wouldn't move for money to watch people make sandwiches 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

5 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Agreed! I went on that first as a 'warm-up' for the bigger rides on my first visit as it looked fairly tame from the outside... how wrong I was!  

I did the same thing, built in the 50s, made of wood, looks like a kids ride, I thought 'this will be a nice gentle start to the day'. lol 

11 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Because the world of football is completely different. Even if I was head hunted the process is very different. Such as there wouldn't be a multi million pound transfer fee. It's not comparable to swapping jobs in the real world. 

But to continue the anology 

I wouldn't be offered a job at the fancy sandwich shop because they're first choice sandwich maker was off sick for a few weeks. I certainly wouldn't move to watch him make sandwiches when he came back whilst not being able to make the sandwiches which I apparently so love making. I'd stay at greggs. 

God I love sandwiches. X