Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

3 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

We are a club that as many have said have come on leaps and bounds this last few years. Our finances are sound and our previous recruitment is reaping rewards. We will find new stars to cheer and we willl consolidate our position as best of the rest. 

What we can’t afford to have is a player who doesn’t want to be here so it’s thank you Mahrez and cherio! Great player for us wonderful memories but I feel he will like DD do a lot of bench warming. There are better players and even bigger egos there so let’s see how his career pans out.

As for us let’s have faith in Claude , the owners, and as always us lucky foxes fans will enjoy the amazing ride that is LCFC

Whilst I agree, we also need to make sure we don’t let them have our pants down. Why settle for £55m when to us he’s worth double that? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

And we're in form, while Arsenal are playing like a bunch of utter chumps at the minute.

They've got two Europa League games, the League Cup final, and they've got to play Everton, Spurs and Man City. If we win tonight, our next three fixtures are Swansea (H), Man City (A) and Stoke (H) - not outrageous to see us beating Swansea and Stoke, and Arsenal losing to Spurs and Man City.

And they still have us to play.

58 minutes ago, Buce said:

The only positive about him going is that he’ll take you and your ilk with him. 

We’ll still be here long after the owners have moved on. 

A club is nothing without its supporters - of course it’s our club. 

Absolutely spot on.

It’s got to the stage where I don’t actually want him here anymore. He clearly feels he’s outgrown the club, and considering he’d probably still be in league 2 if it wasn’t for us can leave a bitter taste in the mouth. I don’t really care if he goes now, I’d just rather we get what we deserve and don’t get rinsed. 

But our owners are ruthless business men, and they will not allow him to leave for a cut fee... it’s what we do when he doesn’t go, tell him it’s all okay, or drop him to the bench for a few weeks and let Diabate have a go? 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

VVD is not a great reference point at 75 m

the deal was nearer 60m but lpool had to pay the extra cos of their dodgy approach last summer. 

And Man City should pay extra for the lateness of their approach. We'll have to play half a season without a replacement if he goes, costing us a potential Europa League place.

I do think it's best he goes now. We need to learn to be less dependent on him, and with relegation not a realistic scenario this season, we've got the 2nd half of the season to adapt our play to be more creative all over the pitch.

That said, I do think we should get at least £70 m off them and then not spend it on the likes on Musa and Mendy please.

Option 2 - Could we 'lend' Mahez to them for £20m for the next 2 months with an option to buy for a further £50m or he comes back to us?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

And Man City should pay extra for the lateness of their approach. We'll have to play half a season without a replacement if he goes, costing us a potential Europa League place.

That's the issue, losing him could be the difference between 6th europe and a cup final and finishing 13th. The prize money difference alone we could stand to lose means they should be made to pay a premium.

• Like 4

Not to tempt fate but things really seem to have died off this morning in terms of new information apart from Sky Sports doing what they do best and shouting regurgitated news to make us believe that it's exciting. 

Mahrez is no longer trending on Twitter (Hardly newsworthy but it does give an indication of how many people are talking about it) 

The last reports from our side are that they'e nowhere near met our valuation and there's nothing to suggest that will change. 

I think 80% of us here are in the same boat - We wouldn't begrudge him the move as long as Manchester City meet our valuation, what exactly that valuation is I am not sure but I trust our owners enough to think that they will hold out for the right price. Some of you are saying that we should let him go because otherwise he will sulk for the rest of the season and not be at his best... Unfortunately we don't know this for certain, nor do our owners so in essence they are trying to make an informed decision on what is best for the club, ie "Will we get more than 60m in the summer if we ride out this storm", if this is the case then I would much rather our owners play hard ball, name their price and look strong than bend over, take the 1st or 2nd bid and look weak. 

Take the gamble guys, I certainly would... As always I might be absolutely wrong, in which case please don't call me out on it otherwise I'll cry like a small girl

The timing of this is stinks but just curious, what fee would you accept? If any at all? 

Personally I’d let him for 70 million. 

In all likelihood he’ll be off in the summer and as prices notoriously drop in that window - I’d wave goodbye for that fee. 

We have Gray, Diabate and Albrighton to get us through this season and then the money can be reinvested for a big summer window!

As I've said, they should agree a pre-contract agreement (like Liverpool and Kieta), get it all lined up for the summer. £70m, and we all move on. Mahrez gets his head down, and gets us the FA cup and Europa qualification, we attract a replacement, (and have more time to find one). Everyone's a winner.

(Except Mahrez,  'cus he'll potentially miss out on all Man City's winners medals this season)

3 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Do you really think they'll splash 75M? I'd say that if they bring 65M (+adds) he's gone.

They can be creative... £60m cash, £10m add ons, write off £5m of the inheanacho money owed.

There are ways of getting to £75m creatively.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

As I've said, they should agree a pre-contract agreement (like Liverpool and Kieta), get it all lined up for the summer. £70m, and we all move on. Mahrez gets his head down, and gets us the FA cup and Europa qualification, we attract a replacement, (and have more time to find one). Everyone's a winner.

(Except Mahrez,  'cus he'll potentially miss out on all Man City's winners medals this season)

They want him now, they are going for 4 trophies and the chance might not come again to actually win all of them.