Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

13 hours ago, Col city fan said:

If this happens and Man City sign our best player just so that they can furnish their squad with yet another mega money signing, then football continues to be ever more obscene. The whole scene is leaving an ever bigger bitter taste in the mouth and I'm continuing to switch off from it. I've not been down to City once this season and am watching less and less football on Sky.

Unfortunately Col that is the way in the wider world.  Fat Cats get fatter, we can spend considerably more money than you.  Man Citys football squad is already phenominal adding Mahrez would be some coup.  Only thing I would question is I thought there was some sort of financial fair play ruling with regards to how much a team can spend, plus uefa home grown players in European competitions?  Surely Man City would be in breach of these with regards to a spend.

I like most Leicester fans love Mahrez.  However, if the stories are true and he has handed in another transfer request then he surely wants a move because this will have been the second time in about six months he has requested a move.

I hope all do the sensible thing and if he goes we accept a correct fee for him, as we know he was the pfa player of the year in 2016 so figures of 55million are laughable in

todays market.  Problem is we have always appeared to accept miserly sums of money for our players previously.  Kante for example was worth more than 35 million.

1 hour ago, narboroughblue said:

Jim White on talkSPORT just claimed between £55 and £60m will get him. What a load of rubbish, or at least it better be. 

I hope our chairman keeps to his guns...

The question is, forgetting all this forum's hype, including my own,  what is the minimum, what is a postive compromise.

£60mil + ???   Nothing under £75mil.??  Imho new opinion £66+ mil will probably do it for me..

Because in the summer, I dont see Mahrez attracting any big sums.Hes a top player, but not so high a quality that

Top clubs are desperate for.  Unfortunately for him and us, his talents are finding their own level , and at a crazy prize,

not fit for purpose....

If he himself, could start to realise this, envisage his future maybe more bench time, than game time.

A small rise here,1st choice without quarms, swallow the pain but not the pride, he has a permanent

top playing career in the headlines

Even a Sane, situation has not put a high price on his talents......

2 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Unfortunately Col that is the way in the wider world.  Fat Cats get fatter, we can spend considerably more money than you.  Man Citys football squad is already phenominal adding Mahrez would be some coup.  Only thing I would question is I thought there was some sort of financial fair play ruling with regards to how much a team can spend, plus uefa home grown players in European competitions?  Surely Man City would be in breach of these with regards to a spend.

I like most Leicester fans love Mahrez.  However, if the stories are true and he has handed in another transfer request then he surely wants a move because this will have been the second time in about six months he has requested a move.

I hope all do the sensible thing and if he goes we accept a correct fee for him, as we know he was the pfa player of the year in 2016 so figures of 55million are laughable in

todays market.  Problem is we have always appeared to accept miserly sums of money for our players previously.  Kante for example was worth more than 35 million.

Seriously - where is the comparison when there is no RC ?  We wanted 35m for DD and we got it. 

20 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

It’s got to the stage where I don’t actually want him here anymore. He clearly feels he’s outgrown the club, and considering he’d probably still be in league 2 if it wasn’t for us can leave a bitter taste in the mouth. I don’t really care if he goes now, I’d just rather we get what we deserve and don’t get rinsed. 

Many players are bought from smaller clubs, improved and sold on for a profit, it was how clubs survived until TV money came along.

Don't understand why people are so bitter towards him.

15 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I do think it's best he goes now. We need to learn to be less dependent on him, and with relegation not a realistic scenario this season, we've got the 2nd half of the season to adapt our play to be more creative all over the pitch.

Most teams are reliant on just a couple of players, I don't see how it's for the best for him to leave at any point let alone so late in a transfer window. Yes we won't get relegated but a few of us are looking to Europe via the league or FA Cup.

23 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

It’s got to the stage where I don’t actually want him here anymore. He clearly feels he’s outgrown the club, and considering he’d probably still be in league 2 if it wasn’t for us can leave a bitter taste in the mouth. I don’t really care if he goes now, I’d just rather we get what we deserve and don’t get rinsed. 

But our owners are ruthless business men, and they will not allow him to leave for a cut fee... it’s what we do when he doesn’t go, tell him it’s all okay, or drop him to the bench for a few weeks and let Diabate have a go? 

I highly doubt he's handed in another transfer request. People need to stop listening to what 'Sky sources' say as most of the time they're making shit up to get people to put money on it.

Diabate? The guys had one good game, if Mahrez goes and we don't sign a replacement you can say goodbye to our FA cup and 6th place chances.

The Mahrez situation is quite difficult, either Manchester City pay us £80m plus or no deal, I wouldn't begrudge him a move kin the summer when he helps us win the FA Cup and qualify for Europe we need him fully mentally fit and firing till the summer. A half arsed Mahrez is quite soul destroying to see.

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Seriously - where is the comparison when there is no RC ?  We wanted 35m for DD and we got it. 

Drinkwater was the exception I thought we did well getting 35 million for him, at the time, because he hadn't played very well for us the season after we won the thing.   Previously we have let players like Izzet, Lennon and even bloody Savage all  went  for peanuts. 

5 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

For everyone keep saying he was POTY, it could also be argued the following season he was in a team that looked like being relegated up until Feb and was playing shockingly bad.

That form didn’t really go even when CS had the team winning.

Consistency is the Key. 

His an expensive punt for Man City, if he plays consistently to his abilities he could be a snip - but that’s a big If.

1 minute ago, suffolk fox said:

Drinkwater was the exception I thought we did well getting 35 million for him, at the time, because he hadn't played very well for us the season after we won the thing.   Previously we have let players like Izzet, Lennon and even bloody Savage all  went  for peanuts. 

So you've now used a player with a release clause and three players who played 20 years ago as indicative of how we 'sell players for peanuts'. Have a break mate.

3 minutes ago, Foxin hell said:

I highly doubt he's handed in another transfer request. People need to stop listening to what 'Sky sources' say as most of the time they're making shit up to get people to put money on it.

I expect he withdrew his request on sept 1st so that if anyone came in with a big wedge for January, he would be sure if his loyalty bonus. 

The fact that he put it back in yesterday says less about him forcing the move and more about him putting that loyalty bonus into the deal to facilitate the two sides reaching a compromise 

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

Not at the time

He was rated as one of the most exciting young prospects in world football.

Not many on here arguing the fee at the time 

Agreed. I thought we did well to get Iheanacho for ONLY £25m at the time :facepalm:

Mahrez is the difference between 7th & 10th, and a cup run and crashing out in the 1/4s/R16. 

Big test of the owners resolve but I'm quietly confident he'll stay. In a world where LFC pay £75m for a centre back who had one season half as good as Riyad's, we must demand £90m plus. 

6 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

So you've now used a player with a release clause and three players who played 20 years ago as indicative of how we 'sell players for peanuts'. Have a break mate.

If you have supported City as long as I have and go through our history going back to even the days of Worthington, Shilton, etc we have often let players go for next to nothing.

As others have alluded to Van Dijk went for 75 million, Walker went to Man City for 55 million they have just signed an uncapped Frenchman for 57 million.  A pfa player of the year in 2016 has to be worth a minimum of 75 million at least.,

Edited by suffolk fox

I live in Thailand, I work with Thais.

The general feeling over here is that the owners won't sell him. Thai's in position of power completely disregard pressure, the owner's won't take lightly to Riyad handing in 2 transfer requests, almost trying to force their hands. Saving face/imposing reputation is a big thing over here.

That's what my Thai fox friends are telling me anyway.

Edited by Guybino
forgot last bit
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Guybino said:

I live in Thailand, I work with Thais.

The general feeling over here is that the owners won't sell him. Thai's in position of power completely disregard pressure, the owner's won't take lightly to Riyad handing in 2 transfer requests, almost trying to force their hands. Saving face/imposing reputation is a big thing over here.

No rimming takes place I hope :ph34r:

everyone knows that he wanted to go, so why are people mad that he handed a transfer request? we already got a replacement in diabate and this transfer window can't be worse then the summer one.

i won't defend him for not turning up for the game today, he deserves to be slated for that, fair enough.