Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

1 hour ago, indierich06 said:

And we're in form, while Arsenal are playing like a bunch of utter chumps at the minute.

They've got two Europa League games, the League Cup final, and they've got to play Everton, Spurs and Man City. If we win tonight, our next three fixtures are Swansea (H), Man City (A) and Stoke (H) - not outrageous to see us beating Swansea and Stoke, and Arsenal losing to Spurs and Man City.

Agree. I can’t stand fans that don’t think it’s possible with a lot of football left to play we have a chance defo if we keep Mahrez. 

everyone knows that he wanted to go, we already got a replacement in diabate and this transfer window mess from mahrez can't be worse then the summer one.

i won't defend him for not turning up for the game today, he deserves to be slated for that, fair enough.

people say "oh, the team will let him go in the summer", like puel said, he could be worth 100 million in the summer, and it seems that mahrez knows that the team will demand more for him if he keeps up his play at a high level.  

he sees a chance and he's taking it, it isn't a good look for him but he knows that in the summer he would be 27, algerian playing for leicester and i imagine the club will be demanding 85+ million for him. no on is paying that.

riyad is finaly seeing a chance to go to a big club and winning trophies, it's not like he's forcing a move to arsenal or spurs

imo, the bridge was burned in the summer, people who are dramatic about the whole thing need to cut it out, save me the alligator tears. you have been waiting for him to slip up for the longest to have a go at him.

again, he was unprofessional but the club doesn't seem to be looking out for his best interest, but the interest of the club (like they should), and riyad doesn't seem to look for the best interest of the club, but for his own (as he should)

said it for the longest, (and like lebron james said yesterday), when the team trades you/sells you, it's for the good of the organization, but when you take matters to your own hands, you are a snake.

loyalty in football is a myth, if man city comes for vardy, he will go.

he is sulky and inconsistent, we won't miss him

Edited by the fox
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I do think it's best he goes now. We need to learn to be less dependent on him, and with relegation not a realistic scenario this season, we've got the 2nd half of the season to adapt our play to be more creative all over the pitch.

That said, I do think we should get at least £70 m off them and then not spend it on the likes on Musa and Mendy please.

Option 2 - Could we 'lend' Mahez to them for £20m for the next 2 months with an option to buy for a further £50m or he comes back to us?

I'd rather we maintain a firm grip on the contract, I don't think we can afford losing him in January. As much as I like the looks of Diabaté based on the FA Cup game at Peterborough and the talent of Gray, Mahrez ought to be made to stay and see out the season with us, so we can have a replacement lined up by the end of May or June the latest and a whole pre-season for the new player to integrate and prepare properly.

4 minutes ago, the fox said:

everyone knows that he wanted to go, we already got a replacement in diabate and this transfer window mess from mahrez can't be worse then the summer one.

i won't defend him for not turning up for the game today, he deserves to be slated for that, fair enough.

people say "oh, the team will let him go in the summer", like puel said, he could be worth 100 million in the summer, and it seems that mahrez knows that the team will demand more for him if he keeps up his play at a high level.  

he sees a chance and he's taking it, it isn't a good look for him but he knows that in the summer he would be 27, algerian playing for leicester and i imagine the club will be demanding 85+ million for him. no on is paying that.

riyad is finaly seeing a chance to go to a big club and winning trophies, it's not like he's forcing a move to arsenal or spurs

imo, the bridge was burned in the summer, people who are dramatic about the whole thing need to cut it out, save me the alligator tears. you have been waiting for him to slip up for the longest to have a go at him.

again, he was unprofessional but the club doesn't seem to be looking out for his best interest, but the interest of the club (like they should), and riyad doesn't seem to look for the best interest of the club, but for his own (as he should)

said it for the longest, (and like lebron james said yesterday), when the team trades you/sells you, it's for the good of the organization, but when you take matters to your own hands, you are a snake.

loyalty in football is a myth, of man city come for vardy, he will go.

I think it's obvious he will leave soon but as much as Mahrez wants to go (disappointed but I don't blame him) Man City must pay what he's worth, if anything it should be at a premium for being so late and in Jan. 

Im actually interested in your answer and no disrespect intended will you continue to support LCFC when he leaves?

6 minutes ago, the fox said:

loyalty in football is a myth, if man city comes for vardy, he will go.

he is sulky and inconsistent, we won't miss him

I don't blame Riyad for wanting to leave and for forcing his hand. Going to Manchester City and playing in this Pep side would be a wonderful opportunity for someone who grew up dreaming of playing for his Barcelona side.

Fact of the matter is that in this market, at this stage of the transfer window, Manchester City are effectively taking the piss. There is no way the club should allow that to happen so unless we get something which resembles his value more and we can get in a proper replacement (even if on loan) then Man City can stick it.

18 minutes ago, the fox said:

everyone knows that he wanted to go, so why are people mad that he handed a transfer request? we already got a replacement in diabate and this transfer window can't be worse then the summer one.

It's the timing of the transfer request that's pissed people off I think. He could have done it at the beginning of the window and not waited until a day before it shuts. Diabate isn't a direct replacement either. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dylanlegend said:

I think it's obvious he will leave soon but as much as Mahrez wants to go (disappointed but I don't blame him) Man City must pay what he's worth, if anything it should be at a premium for being so late and in Jan. 

Im actually interested in your answer and no disrespect intended will you continue to support LCFC when he leaves?

of course! i'm in it for the long run, if he leaves today, you will find me tomorrow in the general discussion thread arguing about something lol

19 minutes ago, the fox said:

everyone knows that he wanted to go, so why are people mad that he handed a transfer request? we already got a replacement in diabate and this transfer window can't be worse then the summer one.

Diabaté is still unfinished business in my eyes and it remains to be seen whether he can fill Riyad's shoes. He had a great game at Peterborough, but needs to show similar talent on a more regular basis and grow into his role. That takes time and won't happen overnight.

Mahrez can hand in a transfer request at any given time, but doing it a day before an important league game against an immediate league competitor and a day before transfer deadline day smells of bad attitude and/or a greedy agent. And it's not the first time he's tried to force a move elsewhere. Poor character off the pitch.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, the fox said:

loyalty in football is a myth, of man city come for vardy, he will go.

As he is acting like a cvnt he should realise people will treat him like a cvnt. I just hope city get to £75/80m today and he fvcks off. If not his mardy sulking will affect the dressing room.

Another scenario. Sell him for £65 million.

He realises at the end next season he has only really featured from the bench or limited first team options (ala Drinky) and buy him back for £25 million when he hasn’t got the first team football he thought he would be getting.

Mahrez is a great player but when fit Sane is a better player all round and will keep his first team place.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

It's the timing of the transfer request that's pissed people off I think. He could have done it at the beginning of the window and not waited until a day before it shuts. Diabate isn't a direct replacement either. 

the offer came in late, it's not his fault.

i'm sure if the owners promised to let him go in the summer for 65 million like they promised him to let him go for 50 mil............. oh wait, they won't.

it's a buessnis, you can't ask for him to be loyel when all you think about is buessnes and profit

2 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I'd rather continue my dream of actually making sandwiches than sitting in reserve waiting to make sandwiches 

I understand what you are saying but wouldn't a part of you think "I can do it, I can force my way in to the team and prove to everyone I am good enough for the big league (say, I dunno, some Artisan, hipster sandwich place)? X

2 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Diabaté is still unfinished business in my eyes and it remains to be seen whether he can fill Riyad's shoes. He had a great game at Peterborough, but needs to show similar talent on a more regular basis and grow into his role. That takes time and won't happen overnight.

Mahrez can hand in a transfer request at any given time, but doing it a day before an important league game against an immediate league competitor and a day before transfer deadline day smells of bad attitude and/or a greedy agent. And it's not the first time he's tried to force a move elsewhere. Poor character off the pitch.

but the man city offer was late, he put a transfer request in the summer and i don't think he took it off.
we will miss his creativity, he was doing the work of 2 players, i don't think we will keep the 4-4-2, i think the team will try to use a 4-3-3 or something like that

1 minute ago, the fox said:

but the man city offer was late, he put a transfer request in the summer and i don't think he took it off.
we will miss his creativity, he was doing the work of 2 players, i don't think we will keep the 4-4-2, i think the team will try to use a 4-3-3 or something like that

How dare you come on to Foxestalk with facts and reasonable, rational discussion!?!?  Round here we like hyperbole and, more than anything, a good witch hunt.  To some he is a cvnt and always will be.  People are odd.  X

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, the fox said:

the offer came in late, it's not his fault.

i'm sure if the owners promised to let him go in the summer for 65 million like they promised him to let him go for 50 mil............. oh wait, they won't.

it's a buessnis, you can't ask for him to be loyel when all you think about is buessnes and profit

Still awaiting proof that the club made any quote of that regard. Press articles suggested £50 million. 

I am definitely having Greggs sandwiches for lunch today - symbolic.