Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

1 minute ago, the fox said:

the offer came in late, it's not his fault.

i'm sure if the owners promised to let him go in the summer for 65 million like they promised him to let him go for 50 mil............. oh wait, they won't.

it's a buessnis, you can't ask for him to be loyel when all you think about is buessnes and profit

Im pretty sure the owners said they would let him go for a reasonable offer. I doubt very much they set a specific £xxvalue on him. (Only tabloids quoting that price.)

Inthe summer the price was £50m but as you know he has played consistently well since that point, and with the market as it is, his value will be increased. Thus the reasonable fee that was promised will have risen. 

Yes it is a business and for that reason he should realise we want max ££ for him. Especially as its the last day of the window and we have little to no hope of replacing him for any amount. 

Regarding your earlier comment that Vardy would leave if Man City came asking, I dont believe that and the only evidence we have is that he has already turned down 1 of the big 6. So would suggest that loyalty has not completely gone from the game. 

5 minutes ago, the fox said:

but the man city offer was late, he put a transfer request in the summer and i don't think he took it off.
we will miss his creativity, he was doing the work of 2 players, i don't think we will keep the 4-4-2, i think the team will try to use a 4-3-3 or something like that

We never play in a classic 4-4-2 - Okazaki usually retreats as a CF, so it's a 4-4-1-1. Sorry for being pedantic.

And Mahrez doesn't "do the work of 2 players", has never done so. He's a creative player with flair who can make two opposing players sweat at once. Or even three (always remember fondly how he made three Villa defenders bow down in front of him, ha).

You talk as if Mahrez has already left - my feeling is that he'll (have to) stay until the summer.

Edited by MC Prussian

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Still awaiting proof that the club made any quote of that regard. Press articles suggested £50 million. 

I am definitely having Greggs sandwiches for lunch today - symbolic. 

there is non, just like there is no proof of his bad attitude (on the pitch) or him playing bad last season on purpose. it depends on which side you believe

11 minutes ago, the fox said:

of course! i'm in it for the long run, if he leaves today, you will find me tomorrow in the general discussion thread arguing about something lol

Fair enough, I was just interested to know. Nice to know people from all over the world are falling in love with our club 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Callabinho said:

Completely different players, so is unfair to compare. But Sane is probably better suited to their style thanks to his outrageous pace.

Fair point. Just annoys me that according to some one of our greatest ever players is only good enough to warm the bench at another club. A bit small time. To be honest I don't think he will go there but if he did he would be a great signing for them.

14 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

It's the timing of the transfer request that's pissed people off I think. He could have done it at the beginning of the window and not waited until a day before it shuts. Diabate isn't a direct replacement either. 

There were no bids at that time. Nothing he can about that. Blame Guardiola or the twt who ruined Sane's day.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Im pretty sure the owners said they would let him go for a reasonable offer. I doubt very much they set a specific £xxvalue on him. (Only tabloids quoting that price.)

Inthe summer the price was £50m but as you know he has played consistently well since that point, and with the market as it is, his value will be increased. Thus the reasonable fee that was promised will have risen. 

Yes it is a business and for that reason he should realise we want max ££ for him. Especially as its the last day of the window and we have little to no hope of replacing him for any amount. 

Regarding your earlier comment that Vardy would leave if Man City came asking, I dont believe that and the only evidence we have is that he has already turned down 1 of the big 6. So would suggest that loyalty has not completely gone from the game. 

and they are the ones who decide which offer is reasonable, 80 million could be unreasonable for them, let's not act like riyad is the devil here. the owners don't care if he is happy or not, they won't cater to him but they expect him to be loyel lol , what a joke.

vardy turned down arsenal not man city, and i'm sure he did all the arsenal talk to get a better contract. it was smart and cunning, he knows that the owners will lowball him. he ate them for lunch before they can have him for dinner

Edited by the fox

Guest Chocolate Teapot
6 minutes ago, sylofox said:

With slim gone to Newcastle if Mahrez leave's as well how many members will FT lose? lollol

@Eagle10 has agreed a loan deal to toonforum.co.uk with a view to a permanent in the summer, the admin's on here have paid an administration charge to remove him immediately.

Edited by Abrasive fox

7 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Re vardy turning down previous offer.

that was slightly different because the club matched the terms being offered, not sure that would be the case at 31

As long as we invest the money wisely it might be, long term, a blessing in disguise.  If we could get somewhere close to £80 we really could strengthen the squad.  When Spurs sold Bale they went to the next level.  I don;t want him to leave but I also don;t begrudge him a move.  He has played amazingly well this season and his attitude seems to have been spot on.  He hasn't re-agitated for a move but anyone would be unsettled by an offer from Man City, only a couple of teams in the world can compete with their current pulling power.  To make the offer like they have is really fvcking annoying but I blame them more than Riyad.  I think, on paper, we have the best squad I can ever remember and I genuinely think we are healthier than we have ever been.  With an £80 injection (with the RIGHT players of course) we really could set ourselves up to become a properly, established top 7 team and when can we have said that recently?  Of course no team wants to lose their most skilful player but if he wants to go then so be it, I cannot really blame him.  Footballers careers are short and often they have to seize the moment, and the swell of momentum to move at the right time else they risk missing out and forever thinking "what if".  No one was spaffing abuse on Maguire when he left Hull after relegation or Gray when we took him from Birmingham.  It is the natural order of things and we can't expect to sign any player we want from "lesser" teams then cry like mungerongoroids when a bigger team comes in for one of ours.  It lacks class.

If he goes, I will be sad but we will move on and if we re-invest wisely (and that is the big IF here) we can move up another level.

X

• Like 2

Things were just falling nicely into place. 

I feel frustrated. I remember when Collymore and Heskey briefly linked up together and Heskey pretty much immediately set off for Liverpool. I know the club is in a better position now but it’s just that feeling that whilst we have won ‘their’ league and we play in the same league as them, we are still in a league apart. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

We never play in a classic 4-4-2 - Okazaki usually retreats as a CF, so it's a 4-4-1-1. Sorry for being pedantic.

And Mahrez doesn't "do the work of 2 players", has never done so. He's a creative player with flair who can make two opposing players sweat at once. Or even three (always remember fondly how he made three Villa defenders bow down in front of him, ha).

You talk as if Mahrez has already left - my feeling is that he'll (have to) stay until the summer.

he does though. he is our second best scorer and our best creator playing as a RM in a 4-4-2.
think silva will slot in as a 3rd mid to try and create, with a front 3 of gray/marc, vardy and diabate

What  actually is a transfer request?

My understanding is the main impact of handing in a transfer request is that by doing so you forfeit a loyalty payment that is paid to players when they are sold, this is a standard contract clause. By handing in a transfer request you are saying you want to leave rather than the club want to sell, so the club will save money and the player will lose out on money and the club can accept a lower bid. It doesn't mean the club are obliged to sell him, it doesn't mean he doesn't want to play/won't play for his current club. It is a statement of consent, rather than intent, to help a bid go through. If you  are sold without giving consent, then you get a loyalty payment because the club has sold you against your wishes, in theory, in practice most footballers don't hand in a transfer request because they get more money and don't get called a snake by their fans.

We didn't sell Drinky because he handed in a transfer request, we sold him because they met our valuation and we had a replacement lined up and he wanted to go, the transfer request just made it a better deal for us. The difference with Mahrez is there is no replacement lined up, in many ways he is irreplaceable and we are in a good position to kick on.

We really shouldn't be looking at handing in a transfer request as a betrayal, it is a benefit to us, and if more players did it rather than try and squeeze as much money as possible out the deal it may not have the same stigma.

But also, please don't go Mahrez!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot

'Leicester are denying me my opportunity and they're holding back my career, I'll never play for them again'

Incoming