Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

1 minute ago, Antoine said:

Maybe Man City doing it just on purpose to weaken his mind and ability to perform because they know him he is sensitive to an eventual transfer

In which grand scheme of things? Are we direct rivals to them?

3 minutes ago, irishfoxkev said:

See Sky have Michelle Owen as their  reporter at Leicester...easier on the eyes than the normal Rob Dorsett who is at Stoke...Also she is outside the Stadium rather than at the training ground....probably cos there’s no new incomings expected....

She must know im working in the area!

51 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I'd rather we maintain a firm grip on the contract, I don't think we can afford losing him in January. As much as I like the looks of Diabaté based on the FA Cup game at Peterborough and the talent of Gray, Mahrez ought to be made to stay and see out the season with us, so we can have a replacement lined up by the end of May or June the latest and a whole pre-season for the new player to integrate and prepare properly.

Yes I see your point, but realistically if he's forced to stay against his wishes will that affects other players coming here that may be destined for bigger things and maybe see us as a stepping stone (I'm thinking future Ndidis and Grays), will he affect morale in the team and will he even bother performing on the pitch?

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

I can from his new agent though ......

Just incase anyone isn't aware

He is now understood to be working with Kia Joorabchian, who is described as an advisor rather than an agent, who was said to be behind Philippe Coutinho’s attempts to join Barcelona last summer. - Merc Dec 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kia_Joorabchian

7 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Yes I see your point, but realistically if he's forced to stay against his wishes will that affects other players coming here that may be destined for bigger things and maybe see us as a stepping stone (I'm thinking future Ndidis and Grays), will he affect morale in the team and will he even bother performing on the pitch?

Maybe. Then again, Mahrez (or his agent) have thrown the toys out the pram before last summer, Roma couldn't match our demands and Mahrez was forced to bite the bullet and remain.

He's put in quite a shift so far, for the benefit of the whole team.

Don't see the disciplinary side as much of an issue - the players know Mahrez by now and can probably see through what his intentions are and what influence his agent has.

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

Maybe. Then again, Mahrez (or his agent) have thrown the toys out the pram before last summer, Roma couldn't match our demands and Mahrez was forced to bite the bullet and remain.

He's put in quite a shift so far, for the benefit of the whole team.

Don't see the disciplinary side as much of an issue - the players know Mahrez by now and can probably see through what his intentions are and what influence his agent has.

To be fair, there is a gulf of difference between Roma and Man City.

This last 2 seasons, it seems to be the mode, sell your best player, then when their career doesnt

take off, buy 'em back.  Wham/Swansea....

So let Riyhad go for 60mil, buy him back for 30mil, in 18months.But craftily keep Nacho for ever.

45 minutes ago, the fox said:

the offer came in late, it's not his fault.

i'm sure if the owners promised to let him go in the summer for 65 million like they promised him to let him go for 50 mil............. oh wait, they won't.

it's a buessnis, you can't ask for him to be loyel when all you think about is buessnes and profit

The promise was if a good price came in not 50 million. It's also not the club's fault a late bid came in. He shouldn't have put a request in the day before. It's a dick move

3 minutes ago, breadandcheese said:

To be fair, there is a gulf of difference between Roma and Man City.

If only somebody had told that to Mahrez and his agent last summer, a lot of drama could've been prevented. :D

Edited by MC Prussian

Just now, Vacamion said:

Ok, dipping in this thread during my lunch.

What are the facts?

How likely is it that Mahrez is going?

We cant quite decide whether he wants to go to Manchester City or if he's really angling for a job at Greggs

Either way he's relying on his agent so a move doesnt look likely