Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

No change on Mahrez situation

Everton v Leicester (19:45GMT)

ec73c1ae-13a6-4f20-8c1a-9e2f31967a38.jpg

Simon Stone

BBC Sport

As I understand it, there has been no change in the position re Riyad Mahrez and Manchester City.

Leicester still have no intention to sell and it would take an enormous offer to even consider it.

Mahrez did not travel with the Leicester squad to Merseyside but a decision is yet to be made by manager Claude Puel about whether to select the Algerian for tonight's game at Everton.

Just now, Happy Fox said:

Simon Stone

BBC Sport

As I understand it, there has been no change in the position re Riyad Mahrez and Manchester City.

Leicester still have no intention to sell and it would take an enormous offer to even consider it.

Mahrez did not travel with the Leicester squad to Merseyside but a decision is yet to be made by manager Claude Puel about whether to select the Algerian for tonight's game at Everton.

I get the impression they were just putting in a cheeky bid to test the waters, with no great commitment behind it. Can imagine the awkwardness in the dressing room later if he does turn up to play... Saying that, nothing would make me more happy to see him on the line up this evening.

I don't begrudge him wanting to leave and take this opportunity to play on the biggest stage there is. Man City could win the CL this season and he has a chance to be part of that, and realistically, he's achieved all he can at LCFC and was a major part in our greatest success.

The issue is how much they pay. If he is a £50m in the summer, then Man City have to pay the January premium, they are taking away our best player. If VDV went to 'pool for £75m then this transfer at this point in the season and the transfer window should be £70m+

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lcfcrinaldi said:

As much as I would hate to see him go. It's twice now he's put in a transfer request and we all remember how terrible he was last season after the last request was turned down and his value then plummeted.

I think we need to just cash in.

And I'd take £60m, in a heartbeat. 

Lets put things into perspective.

The club doesnt need the money.

He is a once in a lifetime player for a club of our status.

We are probably safe from relegation as long as he is our player.  This alone is worth 60 million.

Given the wealth of our owners, the turnover we get from the EPL, 60 million is a pittance. Its about 1/3 of the clubs current turnover.

If it was my decision I would have his contract run all the way down, forget the cash.

In terms of football talent we wouldnt get value for money, clubs will know we got 60million to spend so will make us overpay for players, and we would never get someone of mahrez current ability in.  Maybe potentials that might pay off in a few years but not what we got now.

My view would be different if we needed the money to survive or something, but we dont.

I think we already struggle to spend any existing budget we have.

10 minutes ago, lcfcrinaldi said:

As much as I would hate to see him go. It's twice now he's put in a transfer request and we all remember how terrible he was last season after the last request was turned down and his value then plummeted.

I think we need to just cash in.

And I'd take £60m, in a heartbeat. 

But the club retains 7th, potential European football and a deep Cup run - that comes at the gain of money and prestige. Probably worth the drop in value. 

For example, the difference between 7th and 10th in prize money last year was £13 million. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

From an ITK on Man City's forum. 

tolmie's hairdoo said: ↑
We have a chance, a bigger chance than last night.

Kia and Kamel were waiting to speak directly to the owners last night, the personal touch is now seemingly done.

If we do come up another £10m he's ours.

Leicester will deal at £70m

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Word up there is that we would take 70m

they had better hurry up with the bid although given how secretive both clubs seems to be, it may already be done or off !

It doesnt bode well.  If we agree to a sale we would probably ask for as late as an announcement as possible.

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

I understand what you are saying but wouldn't a part of you think "I can do it, I can force my way in to the team and prove to everyone I am good enough for the big league (say, I dunno, some Artisan, hipster sandwich place)? X

Yes it would and I don't blame mahrez for wanting to make these hipster sandwiches but I'd like to repay my current sandwich place for plucking me from irrelevant sandwich making in my kitchen and give them time to find my replacement. But then on the flip side. Probably says worse about me than I'd like but if I had the chance to take my sandwich place to the next level I'd do that. Then leave when they're at that level.

If you get what I mean? lol

26 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Team will be preparing with Puel for tonights game...

So there is the chairman and his  minions left at the KP, to give out any information.

Ignorant bastards !! I say .Let the poor girl into the ground offices, poor girls getting wet and cold,

being stuffed in a techi van, with stinky camerman and editor....

Show a bit of ettiquette, and male charm, let her do the reporting from one of the boxes...poor lass.

Chauvinistic   pigs!!!   Give her some Fortune cookies, a balti and a good cuppa...

What time is the get together and who's bringing the purple dildo to shove in her ear?.

Who doesn't love transfer deadline day ?

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

But the club retains 7th, potential European football and a deep Cup run - that comes at the gain of money and prestige. Probably worth the drop in value. 

Our rise from a relegation spot to 7th coincided with mahrez been on a good run.  On merit payments alone its worth over 20 million.

Then is other value like making it easier to attract players, sponsors, money saved from no relegation etc.

I would say not selling 2 summers ago was a good decision.

1 hour ago, ZeGuy said:

There were no bids at that time. Nothing he can about that. Blame Guardiola or the twt who ruined Sane's day.

Doesn't mean he couldn't have said something to the club sooner so we had stuff in place. He didn't even need to put this second request in (provided he really has) he could have just said his old one still stood at the start of the window 

11 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Simon Stone

BBC Sport

How is he going to select Mahrez, if he's not there? lol

3 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

I never meant that.

I do think he's far more worth than their 55M bid and he can make it at City if he stays at this level, but as I already stated it's irrelevant for me. We don't need the money and we won't get a 70M player.

What's annoying me the most is that is City could pretty much have a cost us a european spot with their shitty antics. I always thought he'd finish the season with us and then goes in the summer wherever he wants.

That would be ideal really. If he just stayed until the summer in his current form would probably be put down  as being the one that's taken us there and command the higher fee. Probably better wages too.

Just now, the fox said:

70 million is good, he cost less than half a million and helped the team win the league while being the first (and only) leicester city poty.

good based on what?

its less than what other players are going for of similar talent and position.

the cost of relegation far exceeds that.  Dont think we have no danger of relegation next season? is many examples of one bad event triggering huge downturn in clubs form, some may remember when we lost a cup tie under peter taylor and our form did a complete U turn.  There is instances of clubs selling one player then collapsing.

1 minute ago, the fox said:

70 million is good, he cost less than half a million and helped the team win the league while being the first (and only) leicester city poty.

70 million is not good, and you've just explained why.

• Like 2