Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

2 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

good based on what?

its less than what other players are going for of similar talent and position.

the cost of relegation far exceeds that.  Dont think we have no danger of relegation next season? is many examples of one bad event triggering huge downturn in clubs form, some may remember when we lost a cup tie under peter taylor and our form did a complete U turn.  There is instances of clubs selling one player then collapsing.

But he wants to leave and I can't see his value going much higher.

He won't sign a new deal and will only have 2 years left in the summer 

3 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

70 million is not good, and you've just explained why.

thing is, he is a 120 million player in todays football, but playing for leicester, having a poor season like last year, being algerian and wanting to leave will bring the price down

4 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

good based on what?

its less than what other players are going for of similar talent and position.

the cost of relegation far exceeds that.  Dont think we have no danger of relegation next season? is many examples of one bad event triggering huge downturn in clubs form, some may remember when we lost a cup tie under peter taylor and our form did a complete U turn.  There is instances of clubs selling one player then collapsing.

his national team and pro team bring his price down, that's football

18 minutes ago, les-tah said:

lollol   that would be world class bartering.. ''ill accept between £75 Million and £100 Million''   ok sir ill give you 75 million.

He asked for the facts and some sources (daily star I think) are saying 75 million, some (daily mail) are saying 100 million so it's probably somewhere in between.

Just now, treer said:

i dont understand how anyone can possibly think Mahrez is worth less than that fullback Liverpool just bought

I think some are stuck in a time warp, where it was considered good for "any" reason to just accept big money bids for players, those were the days when owners were millionaires not billionaires, and outgoing transfer fees could potentially fund the club for years.

9 minutes ago, the fox said:

70 million is good, he cost less than half a million and helped the team win the league while being the first (and only) leicester city poty.

Mate. I think if you're really honest with yourself if mahrez wasn't Algerian you wouldn't be saying that. 

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Word up there is that we would take 70m

they had better hurry up with the bid although given how secretive both clubs seems to be, it may already be done or off !

Word in my office is £189m

8 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

How is he going to select Mahrez, if he's not there? lol

Because cities aren't as afar apart here as they are in the US?

So, in a short succinct post can anyone tell me what has happened this morning. Head is frazzled from a work meeting so I don't have the mental capacity to read all of this.

Cheers

Edited by Costock_Fox

16 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

when we start getting linked with wingers, then is the time to panic....

3 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

He (Andros Townsend) was lined up in case he went in August. I bloody hope theyve found someone better in the last few months.

Time to panic yet @Abrasive fox?

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

So, in a short succinct post can anyone tell me what has happened this morning. Head is frazzled from a work meeting so I don't have the mental capacity to read all of this.

Cheers

Nothin at all. Same old.

27 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Man City have bid 50, 55 and 60 million. The first two were rejected outright and the third still stands. Mahrez and his agents have kicked up a fuss and a transfer request has gone in. Leicester holding out for between 75 and 100

More speculation and blind guesswork?

What grates me most is that this sequence of events all stemmed from Warnock and Wenger, two of the most grating people in the game.

- Warnock for sending out his Cardiff team to play like a bunch of thugs, causing an injury to Sane and leaving them short of players for the run-in.

- Wenger for not selling Sanchez to Man City in the summer when they had a deal agreed, allowing Mourinho to steal in so that Man City need an alternative.

Edited by breadandcheese
  • Like 1

I hope Rudders is wearing an extra pair of pants.  If Man City are going to be pulling his trousers down tonight he needs to keep his private parts covered up to avoid a double humiliation.