Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Blue Fox 72 said:

I think I'm panicking more about us signing Townsend than losing Mahrez! lol

Me too.

People saying Mahrez is worth this that the other.

The reason Van Dijk went for 75mill was because Liverpool desperately need a decent centre back.

Attacking players aren't any more premium as there are arguably more choice.

For all the £142m Countinho (which is crazy and Barca have massively overspent) there is a 35m Salah or a 55m Aubamayeng 

Not many players have gone for more than £60m and I don't get the feeling Man City are 'desperate' for Mahrez like Liverpool were for a CB or Barcelona were for a big name replacement for Neymar. 

70m is therefore a good price. I wouldn't take any less. He wants to leave. It would be nice to get 100m for him but we won't. He's helped us stay up this year. We should let him have his move. He owes us nothing.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Mate. I think if you're really honest with yourself if mahrez wasn't Algerian you wouldn't be saying that. 

i said i would sell vardy for 40+ million because of his age, nationality doesn't have anything to do with that.

i'm not mad at him for forcing a move to man city, there is no love lost between him and the owners. the owners are wanting to squeez as much money as possible and riyad is trying his hardest to push for a move. both looking for their best interest

Edited by the fox

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

I hope Rudders is wearing an extra pair of pants.  If Man City are going to be pulling his trousers down tonight he needs to keep his private parts covered up to avoid a double humiliation.

With the amount of crap he’s been through with our club it’s probably only the shit staines that are holding them together!

• Haha 1

Just now, dylanlegend said:

The reason Van Dijk went for 75mill was because Liverpool desperately need a decent centre back.

For all the £142m Countinho (which is crazy and Barca have massively overspent) there is a 35m Salah or a 55m Aubamayeng 

Not many players have gone for more than £60m and I don't get the feeling Man City are 'desperate' for Mahrez like Liverpool were for a CB or Barcelona were for a big name replacement for Neymar. 

70m is therefore a good price. I wouldn't take any less. He wants to leave. It would be nice to get 100m for him but we won't. He's helped us stay up this year. We should let him have his move. He owes us nothing.

Well he is under contract so he does owe us something

17 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Sky saying players are pissed off with him and feel let down. If true, think he will go today. If he does stay it could certainly get messy!

Edited by escos

2 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

He owes us nothing.

Two sides to that coin. Who were the club willing to gamble on a skinny lad playing in Ligue 2? In the meantime respect that club by leaving at a time what wouldn't leave them high and dry, 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Priase the lord someone actually gets it.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

16 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Doesn't mean he couldn't have said something to the club sooner so we had stuff in place. He didn't even need to put this second request in (provided he really has) he could have just said his old one still stood at the start of the window 

Mate, he wants to go and has never hidden it. It might be bitter to swallow but he always played with an open hand. Since last summer it was clear that if an adequate offer come he'd be off, be it in january or next summer. Do you really think it came out of the blue or the scouting team didn't start to work on it since last may? 

The transfer request is just a formal thing, I don't get why people get so worked up about it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, the fox said:

thing is, he is a 120 million player in todays football, but playing for leicester, having a poor season like last year, being algerian and wanting to leave will bring the price down

Aubamayang just went for £56m. Mkrytarian was valued at £30m. It's not all Coutinho money. We won't get anything like that sort of money. I'm minded to think we should let him go for £60-70m, perhaps with add ons. We all knew this day would come and this is a great opportunity for him. 

2 minutes ago, the fox said:

i said i would sell vardy for 40+ million because of his age, nationality doesn't have anything to do with that.

i'm not mad at him for forcing a move to man city, there is no love lost between him and the owners. the owners are wanting to squeez as much money as possible and riyad is trying his hardest to push for a move. both looking for their best interest

They want value for him. They want to sell in line with the current market. If van dijk is 75 million and laporte is 57 million. Morata for some unknown reason was what 70? Why should we settle for that for mahrez. Who's a better player than all the above? 

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Can see this happening at 65 million now.

Apparently sky sports have just reported the feeling among the rest of the squad is not good towards him following this latest hissy fit. Odd thing for the club to tell the press.

That's surely Sky to just making shit up to make deadline day more exciting. 

What hissy fit? He's just handed in a transfer request. At what point has Riyad ever acted unprofessionally? I've been really impressed by him getting his head down and grafting for us this year. 

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Two sides to that coin. Who were the club willing to gamble on a skinny lad playing in Ligue 2?

And he's been a big part of our promotion, title win, stayed reasonably loyal after his transfer request in the summer.

He certainly gets more respect from me than Kante 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Finnegan said:

That's surely Sky to just making shit up to make deadline day more exciting. 

What hissy fit? He's just handed in a transfer request. At what point has Riyad ever acted unprofessionally? I've been really impressed by him getting his head down and grafting for us this year. 

I'm honestly not sure this is made up.

He didn't turn up to training yesterday of his own accord - that's a hissy fit. I also think there could be some mud thrown this afternoon.

The players were pissed off with him in the summer as well.

2 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Mate, he wants to go and has never hidden it. It might be bitter to swallow but he always played with an open hand. Since last summer it was clear that if an adequate offer come he'd be off, be it in january or next summer. Do you really think it came out of the blue or the scouting team didn't start to work on it since last may? 

The transfer request is just a formal thing, I don't get why people get so worked up about it.

I know he's always wanted to go to a bigger club. It's not that he wants to go that's annoyed the people it's annoyed. It's not the fact he's handed in a  formal request. It's the timing of it all. If he was the desperate to leave why would he have handed in his request 24 hours before the window closes? He's been advised really really poorly.