Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

4 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Can see this happening at 65 million now.

Apparently sky sports have just reported the feeling among the rest of the squad is not good towards him following this latest hissy fit. Odd thing for the club to tell the press.

Inclined to think that Sky are just making this up, the club certainly wouldn't mention it in case he wasn't sold and I doubt  player would mention it either.

Just now, dylanlegend said:

And he's been a big part of our promotion, title win, stayed reasonably loyal after his transfer request in the summer.

He certainly gets more respect from me than Kante 

And yet he spent 31st August in an airport - he didn't stay loyal. He should respect that the club will sell at a time when it leaves us short of a replacement. 

2 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

They want value for him. They want to sell in line with the current market. If van dijk is 75 million and laporte is 57 million. Morata for some unknown reason was what 70? Why should we settle for that for mahrez. Who's a better player than all the above? 

because like i said, NT, leicester and last season.

look at salah, had a great season last year but roma couldn't get more than 35 million. you aren't a big club so we can ask for coutinho money

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I know he's always wanted to go to a bigger club. It's not that he wants to go that's annoyed the people it's annoyed. It's not the fact he's handed in a  formal request. It's the timing of it all. If he was the desperate to leave why would he have handed in his request 24 hours before the window closes? He's been advised really really poorly.

How do we know he's handed in a request?

Have the club confirmed this or is it another case of rumours becoming facts after they've been posted a few times?

3 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

I get the impression that Dennis wise is liking us losing our best player, smug little bastard, don’t think he likes us after his time here, and the controversy 

Q. How can someone so small be such a big cvnt

D Wise.jpg

• Haha 1

I know he's always wanted to go to a bigger club. It's not that he wants to go that's annoyed the people it's annoyed. It's not the fact he's handed in a  formal request. It's the timing of it all. If he was the desperate to leave why would he have handed in his request 24 hours before the window closes? He's been advised really really poorly.

he handed a request last sommer, blame man city for coming this late

2 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Makes you think **** him, let him see he’s contract out in the under 23.

Massive fan of mahrez, defended him on here, been impressed by the way he’s handled us blocking him leaving, and played well.

If this is true, and he’s refused to work to get his move, **** him, stick to 100 mill, if no sale let him rot, I don’t begrudge him a move to Man City, I don’t mind the transfer request, I do mind him forcing Leicester arm, and just not turning up for work

Just now, the fox said:

look at salah, had a great season last year but roma couldn't get more than 35 million. you aren't a big club so we can ask for coutinho money

Couldnt?  Or chose not to hold out?

We maybe cant get more than 60 odd million, but that doesnt mean we have to sell

Because.there.was.no.bid.before.

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

That's surely Sky to just making shit up to make deadline day more exciting. 

What hissy fit? He's just handed in a transfer request. At what point has Riyad ever acted unprofessionally? I've been really impressed by him getting his head down and grafting for us this year. 

I thought the same, he's expressed a wish to go to Man City who have bid for him, I don't see what's wrong with that, any footballer in the World would do the same thing at this current point.

Sky have erm, probably made this up.

Just now, the fox said:

Of course we can. I'm not saying we should ask for 150 million. I am saying we should ask for prices in line with the market though. We don't need to sell. It's up to them to pay or **** off. Why should we take a cut price because we're Leicester?? You've posted some good stuff over the last couple of years but you've got an Algerian fan cap on there 

Just now, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Couldnt?  Or chose not to hold out?

We maybe cant get more than 60 odd million, but that doesnt mean we have to sell

yeah i agree, and here where the "50 million" talks come into play. if that's true, riyad won't be happy

4 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

How do we know he's handed in a request?

Have the club confirmed this or is it another case of rumours becoming facts after they've been posted a few times?

It's been pretty widely reported but I have previously stated that it's a dick move if it's actually true. 

6 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Inclined to think that Sky are just making this up, the club certainly wouldn't mention it in case he wasn't sold and I doubt  player would mention it either.

and much like the clear good feeling that’s still shown by the whole squad to kante and drinkwater, it’s just completely made up 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

That's surely Sky to just making shit up to make deadline day more exciting. 

What hissy fit? He's just handed in a transfer request. At what point has Riyad ever acted unprofessionally? I've been really impressed by him getting his head down and grafting for us this year. 

I dunno it was made as a passing comment as a side note not made a big deal of so to me would suggest they've got it from somewhere, still unless you know their source the reliability could always be questioned.

Oh I respect him for that, a club comes in for you you really don't need to throw fuel on the fire by chucking another transfer request in its just going to lower our negotiating position. Again I'm probably over reacting as I have heard (as I said at the time take it as you want as I hardly have cast iron evidence) he's proper got aggy, very frustrated others have been allowed to move and feels the club should let him go for whats on the table.

4 minutes ago, the fox said:

I think you’re trying to say that we aren’t a big club so can’t ask for big money?

Let me remind you we are currently the 14th richest club in the world. The so called big clubs can’t expect us to accept the same sort of bid a club like palace would accept, cos we don’t need the money!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Why should we take a cut price because we're Leicester?? You've posted some good stuff over the last couple of years but you've got an Algerian fan cap on there 

do you think 70 million isn't at least a fair offer? i don't want to lose him but if i had to choose between 70 million or an off-sync riyad, i would take the 70 million.

what i see it is, there is no "love" between riyad and the owner anymore, the made it clear that they won't lose money to please him so he feels like he doesn't need to play "fair" anymore.

the roma director said that the club blocked his team and barca, i can imagine how angry riyad is by denying him his dream move

He had hoped that there may have been one of more clubs willing to bid over £50million this window. It's not happened, so he has instigated this episode in the hope it comes off.

His problem is that if he goes to a third window without interest, the Mahrez ship has sailed and he is on the downward trajectory.

It's his last chance saloon effort to become what he thinks he is in his own mind.