Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

8 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Inclined to think that Sky are just making this up, the club certainly wouldn't mention it in case he wasn't sold and I doubt  player would mention it either.

Its not exactly unbelievable at the same time though is it, you could understand it given where we are how we are playing and the fact he's probably going to be allowed to move in the summer when everything is a little more stable.

16 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Sky Sports News just making stuff up now. Apparently Riyad is angry we sold Kante(?). Pretty disgusting actually.

Just clinging onto straws. Why bring this up now? It's been a year and a half! Odd timing, very telling...

• Like 1

Just now, the fox said:

do you think 70 million isn't at least a fair offer? i don't want to lose him but if i had to choose between 70 million or an off-sync riyad, i would take the 70 million.

what i see it is, there is no "love" between riyad and the owner anymore, the made it clear that they won't lose money to please him so he feels like he doesn't need to play "fair" anymore.

the roma director said that the club blocked his team and barca, i can imagine how angry riyad is by denying him his dream move

And so the should have blocked Roma their bids were a complete joke. Don't you agree? Also there's no evidence to support the block of Barca bar the words of Rome's chairman but had they made advances you can assume their bid was a joke too. 70 million is the bare minimum. He's worth more than that.

He’ll play about 10 games for them until Sane is fit and then he’ll be flogged to someone like West Ham or Everton in the summer when Man City have a firesale on their fringe players to balance the books.

5 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

It's been pretty widely reported but I have previously stated that it's a dick move if it's actually true. 

Don't believe reports on transfer deadline day and your blood pressure won't go up.

Just now, Detroit Blues said:

I can't tell if you missed that I was just joking, or being deliberately obtuse.

whooooosh on my part

• Haha 1

I'll be gutted if Riyad goes, no matter the circumstances... but this is probably his peak value if we can get the £65-70m+ mooted. I can't imagine we'll get that in the summer, and him dicking about with supposedly not travelling tonight is only going to disrupt our momentum. If the price is right, sell.

I am taking this badly on a personal level. I asked the club at Christmas if they might have any framed signed Mahrez shirts 'at the back of the club shop'. Much to my delight they said they'd get one done for me in Jan at next signing session. He better stick around just for that IMO.

Edited by SydenhamFox

2 minutes ago, NeilLCFC said:

I think you’re trying to say that we aren’t a big club so can’t ask for big money?

Let me remind you we are currently the 14th richest club in the world. The so called big clubs can’t expect us to accept the same sort of bid a club like palace would accept, cos we don’t need the money!

we can ask, but we can't get. it's about profile. in the early days of the "rich" man city, they struggled to get big players. it's about profile not just net worth

Like I've said before Mahrez's attitude on refused bids doesn't make sense. He rates himself highly, of course and I agree with him. Yet he's angry when the club turn down offers which don't match his ability. Which one is it Mahrez - You are as good as you think and as we know or you're "only" worth 45-55 Million? Only Hazard and De Bruyne beat players with such ease, Stirling was 50 Million a couple of years ago since then Coutinho, Kyle Walker and Van Dyke have moved the goalposts on valuations. It's simple Rihad, you're a bloody good player worthy of a much bigger bid, that's the clubs stance on it.

• Like 1

We should sell mahrez for £70m then submit the paperwork 14 seconds late and watch as fifa allow the transfer go through because its to man city! Then we can put in a complaint and threaten fifa for compensation over how they refused to budge on he Silva issue and rinse them dry then we can by the league like man city, man Utd nd Chelsea have all done! Rather then win the league on merit like us and Blackburn did!

Just now, the fox said:

and i agree. but if the club is trying to get as much money as possible for the good of the club, riyad would do his best for the best of his career

Yeah absolutely. Don’t begrudge him his ‘dream move’. What’s shitty is the timing of it which I’m sure you can understand and the morons thinking we should take £50m and be happy with it. Just needs to treat the club with respect. If the right offer comes in he’ll go with most of our blessings 

Just now, SydenhamFox said:

I am taking this badly on a person level. I asked the club at Christmas if they might have any framed signed Mahrez shirts 'at the back of the club shop'. Much to my delight they said they'd get one done for me in Jan at next signing session. He better stick around just for that IMO.

They have them in stock now at £600 a pop.

'king rip off

Just now, hackneyfox said:

Don't believe reports on transfer deadline day and your blood pressure won't go up.

whooooosh on my part

I don't really believe much of what sky say. So many conflicting reports anyway. I'm just making the point of why people are angry (I'm not by the way, wish the timing was better but oh well) one thing I do agree with though is we shouldn't sell him for less than we value him at

7 minutes ago, the fox said:

yeah i agree, and here where the "50 million" talks come into play. if that's true, riyad won't be happy

From Riyad's perspective, no big club befitting his ambition has actually come in with a serious and respectable approach

By that I mean an approach at the start of the window, where the club clearly wants him as a priority transfer target.  Where they bid somewhere near the valuation.  Not last minute, low balling, back up target approaches like this one.

Nobody is valuing Mahrez as highly as himself except for Leicester.  I understand him wanting to leave, but as of yet no big club has come in with a fair offer and nobody has wanted him at the start of a transfer window, bar Roma.

If he wants a first rate move he needs to garner first rate transfer bids

6 minutes ago, Colourmy said:

He had hoped that there may have been one of more clubs willing to bid over £50million this window. It's not happened, so he has instigated this episode in the hope it comes off.

His problem is that if he goes to a third window without interest, the Mahrez ship has sailed and he is on the downward trajectory.

It's his last chance saloon effort to become what he thinks he is in his own mind.

He is 26.... Just coming in to his prime.....

2 minutes ago, the fox said:

we can ask, but we can't get. it's about profile. in the early days of the "rich" man city, they struggled to get big players. it's about profile not just net worth

For purchasing players this is spot on but in this case with Riyad we hold all the cards. He chose to sign a contract which we have every right to hold him to if we wanted to. I don’t believe the owners will do that to him but he has to realise they have their valuation of him and until that’s met it’s business as usual and he should be carrying on with his job

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

And so the should have blocked Roma their bids were a complete joke. Don't you agree? Also there's no evidence to support the block of Barca bar the words of Rome's chairman but had they made advances you can assume their bid was a joke too. 70 million is the bare minimum. He's worth more than that.

the roma joke was beyond a joke, it was disrespectful.
iirc, the roma guy said that the club didn't want to do business, i'm sure barca would have came with a decent offer (the 35-45 million range) and seeing that it was riyad's dream move, he might have felt cheated (which was a naive move from him)

he came prepared for the dirty business this time, i hate to see him doing that to get his move but that's football for ya, you twist arms or you get nothing done