Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

Just now, ZeGuy said:

I struggle to find any serious reference of us wanting 90M. Huge offer is the best I got, Other than that I only found 65M as tangible number.

Just taking what @themightyfin said as gospel as he's an ITK.

I'm not sure how reliable his info is in this instance but I'd believe him over random tweets.

1 minute ago, FOXYTALK said:

our owners are silly. They're filthy rich and good and what they do. Take Man City to the cleaners. £100 million bench warmer.

And they own pretty much the most expensive shop in Thailand :)

They know how to get people to pay over the odds.

Just now, lcfcrinaldi said:

That's something that the team achieved though, not Mahrez. He wasn't an integral part of the team last season.

On his day Mahrez is a world beater, but that's maybe 50% of the time. If Man City are willing to pay us £65m and give us one of there players (I'm thinking probably Delph) I will take that, no 2nd thoughts.

We achieved 12th last season with Mahrez in and out of form. That’s about 20 million difference to 7th in prize money. 

Man City won’t be sending over a first teamer like Delph. It will be Mangala, Yaya or a kid we’d have to develop. 

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

oh dear.....the "toys out of the pram brigade" are out in full force...."MAHREZ YOU cvnt, i hate you, i think your shiite, you've always been crap WEHHH WEHHH WEHHHH"

The guy has been talking about a move for his career for a couple of years now, he wants to move, obviously he doesn't really care how much money is transferred, he just wants to fulfil what he thinks his potential is and fair play to him. Its a situation of rock and hard place for both Leicester and Mahrez, some here just need to grow up. He was always going to go, and he was always going to do all he can to make the "move of his dreams" - accept it!

Yea I doubt he cares about the money at all, please listen, it's all about his career guys!

Won't somebody please think about his career!!

6 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

He is like a sulky little shitbag schoolkid. Could you imagine the toxic atmosphere if he stays. Get rid of him so we can finally look to the future and build something without worrying whether be will stay or go every window. I'm far more excited about Diabate then Mahrez right now. Good riddance.

I think this issue is overstated. He'll sulk for a bit and then get on with it.

If he doesn't want to turn up to training, even better - as long as the manager has the balls to leave him out of the squad then it's fine.

I reiterate though, I'm not happy with the idea of him bullying us into a deal at the last minute.

Edited by Kitchandro
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Lets put things into perspective.

The club doesnt need the money.

He is a once in a lifetime player for a club of our status.

We are probably safe from relegation as long as he is our player.  This alone is worth 60 million.

Given the wealth of our owners, the turnover we get from the EPL, 60 million is a pittance. Its about 1/3 of the clubs current turnover.

If it was my decision I would have his contract run all the way down, forget the cash.

In terms of football talent we wouldnt get value for money, clubs will know we got 60million to spend so will make us overpay for players, and we would never get someone of mahrez current ability in.  Maybe potentials that might pay off in a few years but not what we got now.

My view would be different if we needed the money to survive or something, but we dont.

I think we already struggle to spend any existing budget we have.

They are still trying to run a business, are they not?

People tend to forget nowadays that football clubs at the top level aren't just football clubs anymore, they are businesses.

What's the point in keeping hold of him?

I like the way he felt he needed to re submit a transfer request when he found out about Citehs offer. The owners would've been well aware after his request in the summer that he was intent on leaving. All it''ll do is make the owners dig their heels for an even higher fee and if we dont get it we'll be stuck with a sulky Mahrez again.

Mangala is poo.

I'd be more interested in some prospects. They have a big lad at the back, foden and Diaz who are decent. Perhaps unlikely but how much do they want Mahrez?

None of their second string players are good enough.

Just now, lcfc278 said:

Yea I doubt he cares about the money at all, please listen, it's all about his career guys!

Won't somebody please think about his career!!

I'm talking about the money transferred between Man City and Leicester (Transfer Fee!)

3 minutes ago, BigWesMorgan said:

Seems unlikely, far apart on a deal and we have a game in 3 and a half hours 

Don’t really think Puels going to be taking calls on the touchline

Ultimately it’s not his asset to sell or keep. Vichai and only vichai will make the decision. Maybe Top.

Obviously JR will try to weigh in.

Cant imagine our director of football  will be attending a game on deadline day IF such a deal is going through.

Then again it’s JR.

And JRs dick don’t stop swinging for no man lol 

Just now, Gerard said:

Just taking what @themightyfin said as gospel as he's an ITK.

I'm not sure how reliable his info is in this instance but I'd believe him over random tweets.

Might be, but the whole story is turning to shit. At this point I'd rather sell him. Very disappointed of him if all the bull thrown around in the media turns out to be true.

Just now, Manwell Pablo said:

Surely, as we've established throughout this month, this 65 Million pound deal is surely a matter of opinion.

I mean if it's 35 Million plus Mangala that's is very far from 65 million in my eyes.

I read 65M+player.

It's £65m which includes a player of Man City's valuation, which the City forums seem to think is Patrick Roberts. 

I would guess that means £50-55m cash plus Patrick Roberts

Edit: Now Merc saying it's 65m + a player 

Edited by Richard
according to twitter/man city forums

1 minute ago, truebluethroughandthrough said:

Ultimately it’s not his asset to sell or keep. Vichai and only vichai will make the decision. Maybe Top.

Obviously JR will try to weigh in.

Cant imagine our director of football  will be attending a game on deadline day IF such a deal is going through.

Then again it’s JR.

And JRs dick don’t stop swinging for no man lol 

No homophobia intended...

1 minute ago, Richard said:

It's £65m which includes a player of Man City's valuation, which the City forums seem to think is Patrick Roberts. 

I would guess that means £50-55m cash plus Patrick Roberts

Patrick who ? 

Edited by Suzie the Fox
Any relation to Iwan?