Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

1 minute ago, MPH said:

They are trying to call our bluff.. they will wait a few hours then bid again..

What bluff is that? If they want to make an improved bid they can.

We're not desperate to sell so them saying they don't want to bid anymore doesn't affect us at all.

10 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Come on, clearly any younger player would be bought into our club as a prospect City are willing to part with as they don't think they are quite good enough to play at the very very top level but could well be a very good Premier League player. Obviously they are not going to be able to cover a German International against the best teams in Europe at a young age. 

We aren't going to immediately  "replace" Mahrez whenever he leaves, I know I've often said he is no Sanchez or no Coutinho but he is a developed experienced  top class player and they only way we get one of them is if we buy young and/or hungry and work on their game like we have done with him, Vardy, Drinkwater etc.

Sane's out for 6 to 7 weeks. They have Basel in the CL. Their next three league fixtures are West Brom, Burnley and Leicester. Surely the likes of Diaz or Zinechenko can play against those. So if they could be a very good Premier League player, why not select them for those games? 

Bernardo Silva can pick up the games against Chelsea and Arsenal coming. 

Of course we aren't going to immediately replace - but any half right winger isn't or wasn't going to be available today to sign. We sell in the Summer, we have time to 'replace' and integrate well scouted option. 

Sky Sports News reporter Ben Ransom is in Manchester this evening, and gave us an update on Manchester City's pursuit of Riyad Mahrez.

"I've had it confirmed that Man City are walking away from Riyad Mahrez - the deal is off. The fee was ultimately a sticking point. 

"I'm told Leicester were after a combined package of around £95m - cash plus a player. City were very interested in bringing in Mahrez but he will not be moving to City in this window. 

"As with Alexis Sanchez, the club were not prepared to pay what they thought was over the market value. Fees were discussed but no formal bid was ever placed."

Ironic the reporter is being called what Mahrez feels like he is being held to

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Like 1

Just now, Kitchandro said:

What bluff is that? If they want to make an improved bid they can.

We're not desperate to sell so them saying they don't want to bid anymore doesn't affect us at all.

Maybe they are waiting to see Mahrez's reaction?   no one said anything about us being desperate to sell.

What i will say is that I don't think they are the first club to underestimate our owners' resolve...

Guest Col city fan
Just now, GaelicFox said:

Honestly Mahrez will be shunned like feck now 

the other players will see the last 24hrs as a total insult 

he should have travelled 

he will go on summer for sure now 

He’s done this too many times.

I love him as a player but frankly he can fook off. If all the reports are true, he clearly don’t want to be here any more.

Its amazing how many people on here would keep him regardless. It’s like they value Mahrez more than the club.

Love our owners and how stubborn they can be, id have been tempted if the player involved was Roberts.

Cheers then Pep for doing nothing other than unsettling our best player and possibly causing unrest in the squad..tosser!!

Bwahaha I love our owners. 

****ing good, what sort of message does it send out if we let Man City have our pants down with some derogatory £64m incl. some bullshit loan player type deal for one of the best players in the world. 

Pay what he's worth or go **** yourselves. 

This is all well and good IF Mahrez stops acting the idiot and gets playing with full focus.

If he doesnt, then the chance to get £70-80 million, let alone £100 million will go in the next few months, and the big clubs will stop looking at him.

He will then probably do a Sanchez if that happened, where his value will go down and down to f all. And disrupt the rest of the squad.

So im hoping he gets his head down and does a professional job.

Or else make no mistake, HE has SCREWED us