Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

11 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

He’s done this too many times.

I love him as a player but frankly he can fook off. If all the reports are true, he clearly don’t want to be here any more.

Its amazing how many people on here would keep him regardless. It’s like they value Mahrez more than the club.

We will sell him Col

on the clubs terms not his

the lack of professionalism from him astounds me

he ain’t on £300 a week ffs 

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

So basically Man City asked how much would Mahrez cost, we named our price, and they said never mind then. 

The rest is a load of bollocks exaggerated by shit journalists. 

Or man City are trying to save face at being stud up by 'plucky' Leicester

Fantastic really.... We aren't the usually small club that have to sell.  We can say nah, more money or fack off.

BTW, I heard on the radio we are the 14th richest club in the world ??? More richer than both the Milan clubs!

is this true ?

I don't see any fault on any side actually -  Riyad wants to win the Champions League and play in the top team in Europe right now - and why not?  But he signed a contract till 2020 and Man City couldn't reach our valuation.  If Riyad pays his socks off the rest of the season  maybe we catch Arsenal and get European footie and someone else comes in for him in the summer at our price- Barca/PSG/ Man City - fine.  And we have time to find some replacement (lets face it, there is no replacement tho...)

7 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Sane's out for 6 to 7 weeks. They have Basel in the CL. Their next three league fixtures are West Brom, Burnley and Leicester. Surely the likes of Diaz or Zinechenko can play against those. So if they could be a very good Premier League player, why not select them for those games? 

Bernardo Silva can pick up the games against Chelsea and Arsenal coming. 

Of course we aren't going to immediately replace - but any half right winger isn't or wasn't going to be available today to sign. We sell in the Summer, we have time to 'replace' and integrate well scouted option. 

Your not going to throw in a couple of players who have a handful of appearances between them week in week out when you are still competing on four fronts and expect them to do anywhere near as well as Leroy sane or Riyadh Mahrez it's madness. Although they are going to have to come up with something now. They've got a lot of games to play, they get another long term injury it's potentially going to cost them a trophy.

i should imagine the little mini injury crisis they have at the minute has made pep think he doesn't want this to happen in the future as well.

in the event he does go I actually have a bit of faith in grey and Albrighton, getting someone who is clearly better than those two will not be easy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

How hilarious would it be if he was in the squad tonight, and it was all just a plan so they could stick 100mil on Mahrez to stay when the odds changed...

Pretty sure that would break premier league betting rules...

3 minutes ago, MANFACE said:

Fantastic really.... We aren't the usually small club that have to sell.  We can say nah, more money or fack off.

BTW, I heard on the radio we are the 14th richest club in the world ??? More richer than both the Milan clubs!

is this true ?

Based on revenue for previous season

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-top-20-worlds-1101904

Edited by Samir
  • Like 1

17:21

The Mirror were reporting earlier that Riyad Mahrez had gone AWOL again, like he did in the summer when he was apparently hanging around waiting for a deal in an airport in Paris.

If we have any readers at Manchester Piccadilly this evening, keep an eye out for a man with striking blond locks and sadness in his eyes.

image.png.3135dae9213ccd2783d0d014a497b7e4.png

Edited by MANFACE
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

not if we go full PSG/Qatar and 'coincidentally' The King of Thailand put 100mil of his own money on it and then it turns out he actually owes Vichai the exact sum of money that the winnings amounts up to ;););) 

Unfortunately most bookies had 50 quid bet caps on... which further reinforced me thinking this was all trumped up bollocks. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Your not going to throw in a couple of players who have a handful of appearances between them week in week out when you are still competing on four fronts and expect them to do anywhere near as well as Leroy sane or Riyadh Mahrez it's madness. Although they are going to have to come up with something now. They've got a lot of games to play, they get another long term injury it's potentially going to cost them a trophy.

i should imagine the little mini injury crisis they have at the minute has made pep think he doesn't want this to happen in the future as well.

in the event he does go I actually have a bit of faith in grey and Albrighton, getting someone who is clearly better than those two will not be easy.

But they thought it was appropriate to send one of those kids to us, we'd accept it (that's where my point stems from) and get them ready to play the likes of West Brom and Burnley? They felt good enough to play them against us in League Cup but not feel comfortable enough playing them against teams underneath us in the table at the moment. They don't need to be Sane or Mahrez good to play the lower half of the PL and Basel. 

That's before we get onto Man City's network of clubs across the world where they could recall a player or two. 

Very poor stuff from Man City.

If there has been no bid, it's clearly a deliberately staged public attempt to destabilise the player and club in order to bump down the fee and force the move. 

Don't think we were truly holding out for £95m.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

Also, this isn't exactly meant to be genuine... not only would it go against premier league rules, but it is heavily illegal. 

Yeah i meant more unfortunately for me who only able to make £100 lol 

11 minutes ago, MANFACE said:

is this true ?

Not really, it was misreported - it's about revenue, not club worth:

7 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

We will sell him Col

on the clubs terms not his

the lack of professionalism from him astounds me

he ain’t on £300 a week ffs 

To all of you, who are slating Mahrez...Whats he done wrong...????

Hes not gone missing, he was not expected to travel with squad , due to transfer speculation.

Hes not thrown a strop, his teammates are dissapointed, but not upset with Riyhad.

So where is this hate campaign, coming from.He put in a transfer request..FFS

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, hackneyfoxx said:

I don't see any fault on any side actually -  Riyad wants to win the Champions League and play in the top team in Europe right now - and why not?  But he signed a contract till 2020 and Man City couldn't reach our valuation.  If Riyad pays his socks off the rest of the season  maybe we catch Arsenal and get European footie and someone else comes in for him in the summer at our price- Barca/PSG/ Man City - fine.  And we have time to find some replacement (lets face it, there is no replacement tho...)

Seriously?

Not turning up for training like a mardy kid is a fault in my book.

Mahrez needs to let the dust settle and then get over his disappointment and get back on the horse again and perform like a world class player until the end of the season.

He'll have two years left on his contract in the summer and the balance of power will be shifting to him as we probably have to start thinking about selling him before his contract begins to run out. 

Now that an elite level club like Man City have bid £65m for him it gives a stamp of approval to other elite clubs that he's top class but obtainable. Another half dozen goals and assists between now and the end of the season and he'll have the interest of a few world elite clubs and we'll probably sell if we don't think we're being bullied by other clubs telling us the price.

• Like 1