Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AlloverthefloorYesNdidi

Thorgan Hazard

Just now, dmayne7 said:

Obviously we need to get rid of plenty of players but the idea is always 2 players for 1 position. We can't replace the quality of Mahrez immediately, so spreading the risk of 2 players who have proven themselves in their respective leagues is still the best approach in my opinion.

That’s fair enough, I just think that supporters rarely factor in the problems with players barely getting a chance to play. 

I recall Nigel Pearson saying when he returned from Hull that you can’t just collect players. It doesn’t work.

You get unhappy players knocking on your door every 5 minutes and a difficult atmosphere in training. 

One of the first things Mourinho did when he joined Chelsea was to cut the squad down for that very reason. 

When supporters are clamouring for signings during the window, this never seems to get factored in. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

That’s fair enough, I just think that supporters rarely factor in the problems with players barely getting a chance to play. 

I recall Nigel Pearson saying when he returned from Hull that you can’t just collect players. It doesn’t work.

You get unhappy players knocking on your door every 5 minutes and a difficult atmosphere in training. 

One of the first things Mourinho did when he joined Chelsea was to cut the squad down for that very reason. 

When supporters are clamouring for signings during the window, this never seems to get factored in. 

Oh yeah, i totally agree. Ideally you have versatile players who can fill multiple positions and supplement with youngsters. I just think Gray and Diabate aren't going anywhere and are still raw, Albrighton is very dependable and good for the squad. Then Hazard can play in any of those positions, so with Alireza coming in and Maddison, you still have a lot of unknowns in this league and our style of play.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 14/07/2018 at 17:42, Nickfosse said:

Agree 100% 

If it was up to supporters on this forum we would have 2,456 1st team players

14 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Would be a bargain.

That seems unrealistically cheap in this day and age! 

Must admit, I wasn't impressed with him in the WC, but his stats are great and I think he would have a point to prove coming back to the Prem. 

I'd be all over this if those reports are true. We really do need a starting winger before the window shuts. 

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

That seems unrealistically cheap in this day and age! 

Must admit, I wasn't impressed with him in the WC, but his stats are great and I think he would have a point to prove coming back to the Prem. 

I'd be all over this if those reports are true. We really do need a starting winger before the window shuts. 

does to me tbh, and i thought Chelsea had first refusal on him too tbh

1 minute ago, YesNdidi said:

Are you expecting a like-for-like replacement? Because that’s just unrealistic 

Obviously not, its just painful to watch Leicester get poorer year on year, burn cash on dross mostly... we lack ambition, so frustrating

• Sad 1