Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AlloverthefloorYesNdidi

Thorgan Hazard

Just now, Max Wall said:

Is that really your opinion if you stop to think about it?

I'm really not looking for a fight but we are the 5th highest spenders during this window out of 20 teams and two of those above us are Liverpool and Arsenal I think. Traditionally and historically bigger clubs.

Have you seen the new plans for facilities?

I get that we've made some serious mistakes in the transfer market but they are mistakes, not a lack of ambition.

I think we lack amibiton as to where we could have been since winning the league, i know historically we are a bottom half, yo-yo team but we really did'nt grab the chance when offered to us to take that next step, summer 2016 was massive for us and we blew it on a load of squad players, we wont have that chance again now to compete with bigger clubs in the market. We are now just another Southampton, Leicester will more than likely be relegated in the next 10 years, all it takes is a few poor signigns, we have seen it from WBA, Stoke and nearly Southampton that the PL margins are so tight it doesnt take much to be sucked up.

1 minute ago, jonny_wright said:

I think we lack amibiton as to where we could have been since winning the league, i know historically we are a bottom half, yo-yo team but we really did'nt grab the chance when offered to us to take that next step, summer 2016 was massive for us and we blew it on a load of squad players, we wont have that chance again now to compete with bigger clubs in the market. We are now just another Southampton, Leicester will more than likely be relegated in the next 10 years, all it takes is a few poor signigns, we have seen it from WBA, Stoke and nearly Southampton that the PL margins are so tight it doesnt take much to be sucked up.

I totally agree with you regarding summer 2016. I've posted the same myself on a couple of occasions. I don't think you'd find anyone on here that would disagree. We can't keep harping back to it though, it's gone, unfortunately.

Our major transfers since, on the whole, have been worse than underwhelming and we're now trying to correct that. The imminent departure of Musa and the arrival of Maddison are just a couple of steps towards that.

As for relegation in the next 10 years, live for the moment fella. We're here, now and you have to try and enjoy it. Outside the top 6 or so, any of the others can be relegated within the next ten years I'd think. We all want the club to succeed but you have to try and enjoy it along the way regardless. Otherwise, what's the point?

• Like 3

I think we have a reluctance to move players on if it means we make a loss. If we want to get a qualify squad together but buy prospects to do it, we have to accept that they may not make it, if there on big wages we need to look for a lower fee to move them on because stacking players upsets the harmony of the team.

3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I think we have a reluctance to move players on if it means we make a loss. If we want to get a qualify squad together but buy prospects to do it, we have to accept that they may not make it, if there on big wages we need to look for a lower fee to move them on because stacking players upsets the harmony of the team.

I'm not sure that's necessarily so though it may be.

I'd imagine we have a valuation and it's up to the buying club to match it or come close enough to it that we accept. Many people on here, myself included, would have taken the first offer for Musa but the club look to have eeked a little more out of the Saudi team and put some add ons in place. That's just good business if it's true.

I think we'd take a loss on Slimani if someone offered £25m, it's just that no one has.

They're obviously working on reducing a bloated squad but they'll also want to bargain hard for the club. If we start 'giving' players away to get them off the books, every shark from the Championship upwards will swim round our club forever more.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We were viewed as a one off, a freak. We couldn't even get Troy Deeney to put in a transfer request. What the hell makes you think we'd have been able to entice the cream of world football here. Fact is, a club like us doesn't buy players nailed on to be brilliant, because if they were a sure bet they'd be at a top club. Up and down the league for all teams it's gamble after gamble, sometimes they pay off, sometimes they don't.

lol

True and succinctly put.

3 hours ago, jonny_wright said:

Lets replace Mahrez with someone half as good like Hazard then expect to progress in this league

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Who on earth do you think we can get that would be as good as Mahrez?

To be fair to the guy, he did post half as good as Mahrez.

I do wonder if our recruitment team are a little less trigger happy given the mistakes we all know have been made. So they should be tbh.

I'll reiterate what I posted elsewhere though, we're the 5th highest (maybe 6th now, not sure) of 20 prem teams in terms of transfers in so we've hardly been totally gun shy.

I can only imagine FT next close season if we buy a couple of £20m wingers who, for whatever reason, fail here this season.

Edited by Max Wall

sign hazard put him on the left and promes and put him on the right and

vardy

hazard maddison promes

ndidi          silva

chilwell maguire evans pereira

That line up can give the top 6 a run for their money. If we get a better Left back.