Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AlloverthefloorYesNdidi

Thorgan Hazard

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Leuven is in Flanders, the Hazards are Walloons form the South of the country. They don't have any other brothers or relatives from Leuven or Mechelen and neither played for either as a youth. 

It is a bit strange that he'd be there of all places to be fair. 

Obviously doesn't particularly mean anything but I can understand the hype a bit. 

You may kop a ban for calling someone a Walloon.  

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Not happening. We are Leicester City and nobody wants to play here. Clearly we are nowhere near being the attractive proposition we all thought we were. Basically on a level with Brighton. 

Our geographical location is against us and our heritage in terms of things actually won is relatively poor. The title win hasn’t altered that and only the stupid wages we’ve offered has lured players here in reality. Takes a long time to build a club up to the levels needed - and even then we’d struggle. 

2 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Our geographical location is against us and our heritage in terms of things actually won is relatively poor. The title win hasn’t altered that and only the stupid wages we’ve offered has lured players here in reality. Takes a long time to build a club up to the levels needed - and even then we’d struggle. 

That's why the stadium expansion + new training ground needs to be in place as soon as it can really. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Not happening. We are Leicester City and nobody wants to play here. Clearly we are nowhere near being the attractive proposition we all thought we were. Basically on a level with Brighton. 

Brighton has a better beach if we're being honest. They are probably more attractive.

6 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

That's why the stadium expansion + new training ground needs to be in place as soon as it can really. 

That's why I can't accept that the owners have been unambitious. That's an area we can prove attractive, especially to good, young players. That should be the future for us and the owners are ploughing money into it.

12 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

Lets just slit our wrists and be done with it!

Jezzzzz depressing or what.

Really you think all this negativity is good for the forum or club.

Come on the suns out, we played fairly well yesterday and today being linked to exciting players.

It’s not negativity - it’s reality. Depressing or not these are facts. We are far less attractive as a club than even West Ham and many others which can offer far more in terms of location. Winning the title did not see an influx of genuine talent as some thought it might. 

This is the truth that I guess our recruitment team have to deal with. 

Thats not to say we cannot find great players, clearly we can. We have to be smarter. 

4 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

Not sure why everyone’s being so negative tbh, I think this will happen, a very talented player on his day. Between him and Maddison I’d say we have the Mahrez void filled

Not in the same way, neither of them will dribble past players the way RM does but it would give us another way of playing which could also be very effective 

9 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

That's why I can't accept that the owners have been unambitious. That's an area we can prove attractive, especially to good, young players. That should be the future for us and the owners are ploughing money into it.

I totally agree with that. Trouble is, it might not pay dividends if we start flirting with relegation again. 

Aren’t we like the sixth most successful team in England over the past 25 years? Truth is we are massively hindered by the ffp regulations that only allow teams to increase spending by certain increments year on year.

Last year it was Everton and they weren’t any better than us in the end. Swansea ‘won’ deadline day and got relegated. Season isn’t won or lost in transfer windows.

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

I totally agree with that. Trouble is, it might not pay dividends if we start flirting with relegation again. 

Everyone will agree with that statement. We clearly need a period of stability, maybe that's had an impact on transfer spending too. It's been a incredible few years in many ways with the managerial problems and big spending mistakes since the title win. 

The risk in that is as you said, not strengthening enough and sinking. There's about 12 teams start the season looking to avoid relegation first and foremost and I still think we're one of them. I think our squad stacks up well against quite a number of other clubs though.

I believe the owners are very forward thinking regarding the new facilities, we all have to hope we're good enough to be at the top table when they're completed. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Been down Braggy Park what have I missed? 

7 suicides. 18 FT members have slit their wrists and are in Leicester General. No one has signed for us today and Moanriniho is hunting a Fox and being a ‘Hunt’ at the same time.  So all very quiet.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

It’s not negativity - it’s reality. Depressing or not these are facts. We are far less attractive as a club than even West Ham and many others which can offer far more in terms of location. Winning the title did not see an influx of genuine talent as some thought it might. 

This is the truth that I guess our recruitment team have to deal with. 

Thats not to say we cannot find great players, clearly we can. We have to be smarter. 

Can't disagree with any of that.

I thought the win was a huge opportunity with regards to players but, as someone said on here the other day, we weren't even attractive enough for Deeney to put in a transfer request. That's the reality. All we attracted was a few over priced players on big wages as you said. We've obviously made the odd good signing too but the big money was spent on attracting the likes of slim and Musa. Transfers that just haven't worked out.

Location has to be a huge factor I imagine. London clubs will always be attractive to players for obvious reasons. And, if you like a quieter life, the South coasts clubs would probably appeal. That's the unfortunate truth.

Where I differ slightly is that I think we have a decent squad, some really don't.  

Don’t Kasper and Simpson live in Cheshire, Mahrez had a place in London ?   We’re bang centre in the middle of the country within 90 minutes drive you could be in Birmingham, Stratford, The Cotswolds, Cheshire, The Peak District. 

The good old days are over. It’s not like we’re asking them to come here earn tens of thousands a week and set up home in St Matthews or Highfields. 

They just have to come here train and play every weekend. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Livid said:

Don’t Kasper and Simpson live in Cheshire, Mahrez had a place in London ?   We’re bang centre in the middle of the country within 90 minutes drive you could be in Birmingham, Stratford, The Cotswolds, Cheshire, The Peak District. 

The good old days are over. It’s not like we’re asking them to come here earn tens of thousands a week and set up home in St Matthews or Highfields. 

Bravo :appl:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Livid said:

As I said when Steve Walsh left for Everton claiming he wanted to be closer to his family...it's England, no-wheres that far.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt said:

As I said when Steve Walsh left for Everton claiming he wanted to be closer to his family...it's England, no-wheres that far.

It still makes a difference, especially when you have to commute 6 days a week... It certainly made a difference to Maddison

9 minutes ago, Livid said:

And you were doing so well...