Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AlloverthefloorYesNdidi

Thorgan Hazard

8 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Possibly but I'm positive players will leave. 

Only the English window closes this week, everywhere else is open until the end of the month so for me, it makes sense for these clubs to wait. 

Everyone knows the money involved in the English game, if clubs don't have to compete with that, there is more chance of them getting a bargain. If I was a team in germany/Holland/turkey/Italy and had my eye on a fringe player at an English club, I'd be waiting until the window closes too. 

I'm not sure when it is or whether it can be changed throughout the season but there's a deadline for players to be registered and I assume that's shortly after the transfer window closes, we may not register a player that we are hopeful we can shift to a non English club but we can and we end up with a player who's on 40k per week who can't even play in the Premier League until registration opens again in January. 

6 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I'm not sure when it is or whether it can be changed throughout the season but there's a deadline for players to be registered and I assume that's shortly after the transfer window closes, we may not register a player that we are hopeful we can shift to a non English club but we can and we end up with a player who's on 40k per week who can't even play in the Premier League until registration opens again in January. 

I think it’s normally 1st September the squads have to be in by, if that has changed this year I’m not sure, for exactly the reason you’ve stated above I hope not.

Thinking about it it must still be September otherwise you could name a player in you’re 25 that is then sold after the deadline in Europe and you can’t promote anyone in

Edited by Mehrez

37 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Thanks Mr Party Pooper.  I love it when someone reads a fairly long thread and ignores 90% of it just to pull someone up on a minor, unimportantdetail to make themselves feel better.  :)

There should be a gap between those two words there, Rumble ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The guy is just coming off the back of his best season to date. 10 goals, 8 assists. 

At 25, is entering his prime. 

Can take a decent penalty and corner/free kick.

Point to prove maybe, coming to the Prem with big bro tearing it up!

What's not to like? Would be a very exciting signing IMO.

Get it done Rudkin! This dude and a CB and we've had a decent window! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

The guy is just coming off the back of his best season to date. 10 goals, 8 assists. 

At 25, is entering his prime. 

Can take a decent penalty and corner/free kick.

Point to prove maybe, coming to the Prem with big bro tearing it up!

What's not to like? Would be a very exciting signing IMO.

Get it done Rudkin! This dude and a CB and we've had a decent window! 

How many of those goals/assists are from penalties and free kicks? We already have a good penalty taker and an excellent free kick taker, so we'll have to subtract those from his stats to assess his usefulness if we are considering buying him.

• Like 3

Just now, brucey said:

How many of those goals/assists are from penalties and free kicks? We already have a good penalty taker and an excellent free kick taker, so we'll have to subtract those from his stats to assess his usefulness if we are considering buying him.

If Maddison gets injured? Why would we deny ourselves having more than one player that can take an excellent free-kick or penalty. Dumb.

Not to mention the assists and goals he has shown he is capable of scoring in open play. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

If Maddison gets injured? Why would we deny ourselves having more than one player that can take an excellent free-kick or penalty. Dumb.

Not to mention the assists and goals he has shown he is capable of scoring in open play. 

If Maddison gets injured we have far bigger problems than who takes the free kicks.

Hazard doesn't create much from open play.

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

If we get him in I think our staring 11 and subs start to look very good indeed.

Kasper

Ricardo Maguire  Evans  Chilwell

Ndidi  Silva

Gray  Maddison  Hazard

Vardy

Ward

Morgan

Amartey

Albrighton

Diabate

Iborra

Iheanacho

Not to mention Okazaki, Hamza, Ghezzal, Fuchs, James, King, Benny etc.

I can't remember us having a better squad on paper to be honest with lots of flexibility in the three behind Vardy possible.   Obviously we need to move a few on but looking good.  X

On paper good... in reality that side would get torn a new one... the only players that actually like to defend are Evans and Ndidi. Even Harry loves a good run out now and then. Visions of the 5-2 drumming from Arsenal are coming back with De Laet and Schlupp as wing backs 

1 minute ago, brucey said:

If Maddison gets injured we have far bigger problems than who takes the free kicks.

Hazard doesn't create much from open play.

So we add to those problems by not having someone who can take an excellent free-kick or corner, which is where a huge amount of goals are scored by, especially when you have two big CB's and Iborra available... :dunno:

What are you basing this lack of creativity off? I see a player who has 62 assists and 54 goals. I don't really care how he gets them, as long as he keeps getting them for us. 

2 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

We want someone better from open play, I think I counted 5 peno

goals and 2 corners assists which is half of his output last season.

no thanks 

Penalties don’t count?

Sigurdsson didn’t score that must from

open play, however we offered 40,000,000 for him last season! 

Hazard ticks a box. We’re changing our style of play and he’s. Better option that we have. 

Has there actually been anything even close to a definite link to him anywhere ?

The only link I can find on Twitter is days old as a replacement for Mahrez story before we signed Ghezzal as a replacement for Mahrez.

1 hour ago, Livid said:

Has there actually been anything even close to a definite link to him anywhere ?

The only link I can find on Twitter is days old as a replacement for Mahrez story before we signed Ghezzal as a replacement for Mahrez.

Well he did go to watch a football match on Saturday ..........   isn’t that enough !  I mean we play football so surely that’s means he isn’t coming .............

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, PhillippaT said:

Albrighton kinda reminds me of the type of player I'd have on the bench in FM(2006) - knowing I could put him on in a number of positions for injury cover, freeing up other bench slots for those who could make more of a difference, but might be more limited in the positions they can play...  We need better starters on the wing, and Thorgan would definitely count.  Not sure what to do with Gray, though - (assuming Ghezzal is a better winger, which may or may not be true).

He's my Mike Duff.  X

8 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

On paper good... in reality that side would get torn a new one... the only players that actually like to defend are Evans and Ndidi. Even Harry loves a good run out now and then. Visions of the 5-2 drumming from Arsenal are coming back with De Laet and Schlupp as wing backs 

There's nothing worse than being 'drummed'!...